Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Preseason games 2019-20

Been a piss poor pre-season to date. Even though the aim is to get players minutes on the park and try a few things out.....we should still be walloping Peterhead by 5 minimum and beating ICT by a couple. It's just as well Rovaniemi are having a bit of a nightmare run of form just now but I'm sure their scouts will have seen nothing to make them particularly worried.

I'm not sure DM knows what his best 11 is yet either.

Cheeeesuss! Give the team a chance FFS

Ach, there's no harm in setting yer stall out on individuals before the start of the season. It's fine to be wrong now and again too. I think Main will be largely used as an impact sub to charge around and upset defenders and that's fine - hopefully we won't need that for most of the season. I think he might be cheaper than May too, which is why/how we've managed to add Wilson. May was an expensive backup like.

I'm a bit concerned that we haven't shipped out May and Gleeson yet. I don't like to see us with a massive squad at this stage and we need to use the next couple of games to figure out where we're still lacking. I think Wilson might be a wide player this season, and so I expect and attacking midfielder to come in.

I'm not convinced by the signings I'll be honest, I think that we're worse off than last season. I'd take a good midfielder and a good wide player before the end of the window, but I think we could still struggle for goals as ayrshire suggests.

I think there is no question he's cheaper than May. But we will have to cover minimum 50% of May's wages wherever he ends up so in actual fact we won't be any better off financially. But if Main chips in with 8-10 goals over the season then I guess it's a decent swap