Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Women's fitba

That was the most horrendous ending to a game of fitba ever. Scotland obviously fucked it like, but 6 minutes to VAR an obvious fucking penalty, then to bring it back when the keeper makes a save because they were half a yard over the line and finally play 4 minutes of stoppage time, ignoring the entire time taken for VAR. It was stupidly bad. I'd have chinned the ref had I been on that pitch. I'd be asking for a replay it was that bad. A terrible advert for the bird's game, caused by fucking about with the rules. Shove VAR up yer hoop, it's fucking awful (offsides excepted of course, as they can be calculated by a computer). I've never seen a keeper save a penalty when on their line, nor attempt to. If someone can find a clip of a keeper anywhere in the world, ever, saving a pen without going beyond their line I'll give them a virtual pint. It's fucking ludicrous. Thank fuck they're dicking about with this in the birds game.

Most of this  ;D

Gutted for the girls but fucks sake get some subs on to play out the game!!

I actually hate Var!!

And I hate to say this but the standard of the female referees has been appalling!!

Rennes was fabulous and a lovely afternoon in Paris tho  :thumbsup:

That was the most horrendous ending to a game of fitba ever. Scotland obviously fucked it like, but 6 minutes to VAR an obvious fucking penalty, then to bring it back when the keeper makes a save because they were half a yard over the line and finally play 4 minutes of stoppage time, ignoring the entire time taken for VAR. It was stupidly bad. I'd have chinned the ref had I been on that pitch. I'd be asking for a replay it was that bad. A terrible advert for the bird's game, caused by fucking about with the rules. Shove VAR up yer hoop, it's fucking awful (offsides excepted of course, as they can be calculated by a computer). I've never seen a keeper save a penalty when on their line, nor attempt to. If someone can find a clip of a keeper anywhere in the world, ever, saving a pen without going beyond their line I'll give them a virtual pint. It's fucking ludicrous. Thank fuck they're dicking about with this in the birds game.

Pretty sure the rule changes on handball and penalties will be in from the start of this season in the men’s game as well.

Scotland made an arse of tonight by not making substitutions as soon as they went 3-0 up to seen the game out. Bad game management is the reason the women’s team got knocked tonight.

Pretty sure the rule changes on handball and penalties will be in from the start of this season in the men’s game as well.

Scotland made an arse of tonight by not making substitutions as soon as they went 3-0 up to seen the game out. Bad game management is the reason the women’s team got knocked tonight.

McInnes in!

Suppose the keeper thing will be harder to judge without VAR so shouldn't happen too often in Scotland just yet.

EPL might be a good laugh next season though.

Said exactly the same to my mrs. As much as Scotland were our own worst enemy at times yesterday it's not unfair to say that we've been the victims of some fucking brutal spasticated officiating. Although I feel that VAR isn't the problem. It's the spastics in charge of it that are the issue.

Although I feel that VAR isn't the problem. It's the spastics in charge of it that are the issue.

But that is VAR's problem. If Willie Collum is Scotland's best ref then there are 5 other cunts that are significantly worse than him sitting in the VAR room when that fucker is on the pitch. It's systemically bad. It just doesn't work. The notion that you can only use VAR for clear and obvious errors is completely flawed too. As soon as VAR is called for when the Tims don't get a pen and then not called for when the Huns don't get a pen then the whole thing becomes a conspiracy because "who defines that a decision is a clear and obvious error? It then resolves none of the problems that it is supposedly designed to get around by replacing one controversy with another. You change it to a "X no of challenges" model then that number just keeps on increasing, the types of incident that can be reviewed get added to (a throw-in given the wrong way that leads to a goal) and an increase in the number of "false calls" used to waste time or just simply put pressure on a ref to overturn a decision that doesn't really need overturned. It'll be gamed as much as anything else. It's sky sports wankery.

VAR can be great but can be incredibly frustrating.  The call for the pen was correct, another angle shows how far off her line she was (unless the image being shared is incorrect).

The issue is that VAR often doesn't take context into account, so challenges can look rash if they don't have the right angles or check before or after the challenge.  A case in point was last season, a nix player slipped after being pushed and didn't actually make much contact, but because the right angles weren't used and the incident only showed him sliding into another player, he got a red.  It was a yellow, at worst because he was out of control, but it was a situation that wasn't of his making.  You'll get used to this level of frustration.

Aussie refs are bad, but Scottish refs are way worse. Next season is going to be chaos.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Almost every time I have seen a game with a VAR decision it has been a shambles.  It was meant to be brought in for clear cut issues that the referee might have got wrong but for whatever reason it seems to always be extremely borderline decisions that are being viewed which are massively open to interpretation. 

The other night I was convinced the Scotland one was a penalty from the outset and Scott Booth in commentary felt the same.  Yet after watching it about half a dozen times I was half thinking that the defender might have made contact with the ball.  It just seems to play tricks on the mind the more you slow the video down and replay if time and time again.

I don't like VAR at all in its current form.  It appears to be causing even more controversy when it was meant to be eliminating it.

It is almost at the stage where you might as well just get rid of the referee on the pitch.  In the game the other night the referee did not notice either the original foul for the penalty or the infringement by the keeper and the game was continuing to be played on.  It's just plain stupid.  We're going to end up looking at every single incident in a game and play about 20 minutes of added time (or 5 minutes if we get the same ref from the other night  ;D)

Well well, I tuned into this Holland v Japan QF 20 minutes ago and it's wonderful. These players are well organised and have excellent technical skills. They make the beautiful game look beautiful.

The dinked ball for the jap equaliser was sublime. Difficult not to overhit that type of pass.

The winning pen was a farce and another example of how dicking about with the rules is ruining things. In this case the handball rule.

The dinked ball for the jap equaliser was sublime. Difficult not to overhit that type of pass.

The winning pen was a farce and another example of how dicking about with the rules is ruining things. In this case the handball rule.

I didn't see that as I missed the first half. The second half was class football. So few mistakes and so scarce in unforced errors that it flowed beautifully. So hard on Japan but the Dutch showed enough quality football that it was always going to boil down to one incident, especially as the clock wore on.

Great analysis too from the girls. Japan did lack a ruthless killer in front of goal. Possibly karma for all the inhumane killing and torture they did in the POW camps in the 1940's. Am I allowed to say that?

I didn't see that as I missed the first half. The second half was class football. So few mistakes and so scarce in unforced errors that it flowed beautifully. So hard on Japan but the Dutch showed enough quality football that it was always going to boil down to one incident, especially as the clock wore on.

Great analysis too from the girls. Japan did lack a ruthless killer in front of goal. Possibly karma for all the inhumane killing and torture they did in the POW camps in the 1940's. Am I allowed to say that?

By that logic, the Germans should always lose. As should the Russians.

:thumbsup:

Don't worry, the plucky little English will put everyone in their place. From the Americas, to India, to Africa and the Middle East they're known for their sympathetic treatment of the little guy. If there was ever a team that deserved succes, it's England.

Nothing else on TV so watching France v USA. 5 mins stoppage time just started, USA 2-1 up. Been a decent watch tbf and England get the winners. Fairly certain either of these teams will take care of them

Was thinking exactly the same as your last sentence whilst watching it as well.

ITV morning news programme (cannae mind fit its called) was bad enough on Friday morning, but God help us if The Female Guffies get through to the final ::)