Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

I have to take exception to Bossu even being mentioned in the same thread as Joe Lewis, Jim Leighton, Theo Snelders, Peter Kjaer John Burridge etc. Bossu is THE worst goalkeeper I have ever seen (claiming to be a goalkeeper) in my life. I include amateur level in that comment. He was dreadful. I remember watching us play Killie one day and he was lucky not to concede 10. I think we lost 3-0 or 4-0. He was rank. I don't say things like that lightly either. There are a lot of people on here that like to post extreme comments about various things, however, I would describe myself more as a devils advocate and see both sides or most arguments. With this, there is no argument and I will not hear otherwise!! phew, rant over. Sorry, you touched a nerve Seebass!

Must've played a blinder in goals if he kept the scoreline down to a respectable 4!  :thumbsup:

McGregor got goalie in team of the year? Farcical. Lewis has been much better and hasn't been an utter bellend at the same time.

As the season has gone on, I've fallen more and more out of love with the Scottish game. Its absolutely farcical. And our chairman voted for it to be like this  :(

There is no way McGregor should be allowed to walk the streets, let alone grace a football stadium.

Just over a week ago, that utter fud and Skeletor lookalike Alex Rae was actually advocating on Radio Clyde that, with only a year left on his contract, the arse cheeks (but more especially sevco as he thinks Foderingham will be allowed to leave in summer) should have attempted to sig Lewis as a back up to their first choice 'keepers.

That went well  :laughing:

C@nt has been utterly silent on the matter since the news broke about Joe's contract extension.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Thanks for the years of service

Been a great servant to the club and surely leaves with all of our best wishes

Good luck to him but its the best for all concerned if you ask me. He would have been on the same sort of wage brown was on given they were both captains. We shouldn't be spending that on the back up goalie.  

Ross Doohan in as back up.Dont know much about him,but seems to be getting a lukewarm reaction elsewhere.Keeps the Scottish reared contingent numbers up if nothing else,...

...and Joe leaves with best wishes,a couple of great years when on form

Gutted he left the way he has tbh. But I suppose if he’d still been decent he’d have been our no.1. Last season was sad to see but it was great seeing him with the celebrations towards the back end. Thanks for the years of service, superb keeper at his prime. Thoroughly loved having him at the club. Whatever he chooses to do, wish him all the best.

• Like 2

Been some whispers that he might go to Dundee United, who are desperate for a goalkeeper.

On paper it would make sense. Would give United an experienced goalkeeper, and Lewis - if he finds his form again - is potentially a very good goalkeeper in that division.

However I would be surprised considering Goodwin didn't rate him enough to play him last season - replacing him with Roos then Gorter - while if the rumours are true about his wife wanting home then Dundee isn't a that much closer.

But aye, I hope he plays on, deserves to end his career on a high. My favourite memory of him was him running towards the fans at Burnley going as mad as we were after Ferguson's equaliser.

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

Been a while I’ve been this gutted about a player leaving tbh, even though I know it’s for the best.

Feel a little differently. How’s been gone for a couple of years now. The emotion has gone long ago for me. He lost his mojo a while back and it’s a big wage freeing up some funds. He was great in his day and thankful for his service.

16 hours ago, Panda said:

Been some whispers that he might go to Dundee United, who are desperate for a goalkeeper.

On paper it would make sense. Would give United an experienced goalkeeper, and Lewis - if he finds his form again - is potentially a very good goalkeeper in that division.

However I would be surprised considering Goodwin didn't rate him enough to play him last season - replacing him with Roos then Gorter - while if the rumours are true about his wife wanting home then Dundee isn't a that much closer.

But aye, I hope he plays on, deserves to end his career on a high. My favourite memory of him was him running towards the fans at Burnley going as mad as we were after Ferguson's equaliser.

Said in his final interview they are leaving the city so I suspect that rules the jutes out.  

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Going to become a football agent 😵

Look forward to 2025 when this thread is resurrected because Lewis has convinced his clients Leighton Clarkson, Duk and Kelle Roos to all hand in transfer requests.

This is one of my favourite saves from Mr Lewis especially given if it had gone in we were struggling to make next round with so little time left in the tie.

Personally speaking I don't think he was the same keeper or person after Derek McInnes and Tony Doc. left.  

Could see his confidence dropping off a cliff.  Level of performance as a result went to pot too.  Sad really as isn't exactly past it.

Think Joe suffered from the fact the game relies more and more on having ball playing keeper. He was an excellent shot stopper and I believe if it wasn't for the tactical changes that have happened over the last five years he would have been here a good bit longer. Sad for him as I think he really gave his all and was a great servant. I always remember reading that he was content here as he wanted to win silverware so it's shame he didn't manage to achieve this.

• 1 month later...