Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Well 03/04

13,228 was a lie. I've heard from mates who were there that it's once again a total fabrication. I don't know if they're counting ST's who don't show but like the last few home games, the size of the crowd is being grossly overstated

The stands seemed reasonably busy, apart from the upper rds and away end, but it's hard to tell on TV. But not sure it was that full

Well I dragged my arse along to it even though I couldn't be arsed and glad I did to see us get the three points and see a well executed goal scored by Max Lowe, fluke my arse.  ;)

It what otherwise has been a very poor season for our players, with the exception of the young ones getting a chance, Max Lowe has been the highlight for the season for me, the boy is class and will be a big miss for us next season assuming we have no chance in getting him back.

We had some great chances last night which we didn't take, but you could tell that nerves played their part in this both from the players and from the crowd, we do have a fair few wallopers in the crowd who love nothing more that to berate the team, I haven't got an issue with it at the end of a game, but don't really like seeing it throughout a match, you can see that the team is low on confidence and I am sure the constant heckling from the crowd doesn't help much.

Hopefully we can kick on and go on a strong run to end what has been a fairly poor season football wise.

No chance there was 13k at the game last night though.

On the subject of heckling, remember that nobody heckles good footballers showing good attitude and desire. Yes there are negative bastards who moan all the time and they're annoying to be near but they are few and far between. If there appear to be more of them recently then perhaps the frustration levels are increasing? If that's the case, this may well be a symptom of a disconnect between the fans and the club and that needs to be addressed, not that the club have ever given a fuck about the missing thousands, already disconnected.