Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Kilmarnock (26/01/19 )

Poor game. Neither side showed any real desire to win the game. No urgency shown when on the ball. That’s twice I have seen Stewart since he came back and although he has had some nice touches I am yet to be convinced bringing him back was a good idea. Cannot see where he fits into the team. 2 points dropped.

Poor game. Neither side showed any real desire to win the game. No urgency shown when on the ball. That’s twice I have seen Stewart since he came back and although he has had some nice touches I am yet to be convinced bringing him back was a good idea. Cannot see where he fits into the team. 2 points dropped.

It’s always going to be a struggle when our attacking players include Shinnie, cosgrove, Ferguson, and May. Despite their strengths that’s minimal flair. Gms is too hot/cold and in order to accommodate Stewart centrally you have to drop May. Playing him wide limits us, we need a flair player there.

It’s a dilemma, we found form pre break but adding Stewart tends to force us back to 4-2-3-1 which didn’t give us much success. 4-4-2 can’t include may and Stewart.

A terrible game of football, not helped much by the conditions, but I think Killie will be more than happy to go down the road with a point.

I thought GMS was a waste of a jersey today and don't think he will be that big a miss if he goes. Don't get me wrong when he has a good game he is terirific to watch, but the bad games far outweigh the good for me and it doesn't help he is regarded as a first pick when he is always going to be the type of player who needs benched for spells.

It looked like the Killie players were instructed to get Stewart today, his first involvement saw him get brought down and happened a few other times to him and the only surprise was seeing Shinnie being the first player booked for a tackle on their number 27 who spent most of the game falling down like he had been shot when the ref had let worse challenges go unpunished.

Shinnie was deservedly MOTM and his performance was badly needed today, if he goes we will miss him as captain.  I thought Ferguson was poor I do like him as a player, but can't help but feel he would benefit from a spell out of the team, who we replace him with I have no idea.

what surprised me most about this game was Kilmarnock, they showed us a bit too much respect if you ask me.  They played for a draw and executed that defensive game plan to perfection.  Sometimes you just have to doff your cap and say "well played", only way we were scoring today was through a big defensive mistake, a direct free kick or an absolute worldy from outside the box. 

A terrible game of football, not helped much by the conditions, but I think Killie will be more than happy to go down the road with a point.

I thought GMS was a waste of a jersey today and don't think he will be that big a miss if he goes. Don't get me wrong when he has a good game he is terirific to watch, but the bad games far outweigh the good for me and it doesn't help he is regarded as a first pick when he is always going to be the type of player who needs benched for spells.

It looked like the Killie players were instructed to get Stewart today, his first involvement saw him get brought down and happened a few other times to him and the only surprise was seeing Shinnie being the first player booked for a tackle on their number 27 who spent most of the game falling down like he had been shot when the ref had let worse challenges go unpunished.

Shinnie was deservedly MOTM and his performance was badly needed today, if he goes we will miss him as captain.  I thought Ferguson was poor I do like him as a player, but can't help but feel he would benefit from a spell out of the team, who we replace him with I have no idea.

I agree about GMS but the Shinnie booking was deserved. It was a careless and shocking lunge and he was never getting the ball. We might miss his passion and fight but he's really not that good in midfield.

I agree about GMS but the Shinnie booking was deserved. It was a careless and shocking lunge and he was never getting the ball. We might miss his passion and fight but he's really not that good in midfield.

I didn't get a great view of the Shinnie tackle which led to the booking, but I think it was a bit of retribution for the players dirty kick on Ferguson not long beforehand. I agree with you about him as a midfielder though.

Reynolds was in the papers only last week saying he will not be playing at all on plastic pitches this season. With his injury record in mind, suspect the same will apply to Hoban. So I'd guess it'll be Consi and Ball in central defence on Tuesday

In article I read McInnes said Reynolds would not play on plastic pitch on Tuesday but that Hoban would play. Also said Devlin was at least 10 days away from returning which is what he has said in every interview since Devlin got injured in November.