Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Franchise FC v Dons 29/12

The back three didn't actually do too bad all things considered.  I thought Ball looked better in there when logan got injured.  By all accounts this is a tough place to go but I felt we were pretty comfortable most of the game. That said Livi's attitude really impressed me,  2-0 down  with 5 to go they showed no sign of giving up. All in a great result and encouraging performance despite injury and tactical changes.

I wonder if Wilson is actually just finally responding to the competition of May and Cosgrove working well together rocket.  I wouldn't say he was electric today or any other ridiculous hyperbole but he certainly looked far more like the player we thought we had signed.  Good touch, attitude, awareness and knows where the back of the net is.  He could have had a second assist today too if May hadn't sliced it wide come to think of it. A few more performances like that and he may actually yet be a real asset to us.

TC I actually turned to my pal when Gleeson came on and said it should be fine as there's about 60 mins left of the game.  He did alright when he came on, was always looking to pass forward too. We haven't seen much of from an afc cm since maclean left.

tremendous condescending response from ten caat are you telling me we have signed a professional athelete who cannot sustain fitness over a 90 minute period... thats even more damning

That is exactly what I'm telling you...

EDIT.......and have been consistently since September.

I had £12 on us winning 2-1 at (9/1) so nice way in ending 2018 for what has been a very tough year it has to be said.  Biggest achievement attending Pittodrie and Burnley Europa League game suffering from dreaded depression plus anxiety.  Honestly not sure how we got through that journey but glad one made effort as love my European matches. 

Great ball from Gleeson through to Wilson yesterday for goal, would like to see more from Gleeson. Stevie May again put in a power of work but deary me, : his finishing, snatched at one yesterday, which was a really good chance, recently on a couple of occasions he has been through one on one with the keeper & fluffed both.  Like others, dying for him to come good re scoring, but ...

Finally got aroudn to seeing the goals from yesterday, a great finish from Wilson and a great assist from him for the second, pity we haven't seen more of this in his time here.

That pitch at Livi is shocking and shouldn't be allowed in any professional league. I'm not against plastic pitches but not as poor as the one at Livi.

Great ball from Gleeson through to Wilson yesterday for goal, would like to see more from Gleeson. Stevie May again put in a power of work but deary me, : his finishing, snatched at one yesterday, which was a really good chance, recently on a couple of occasions he has been through one on one with the keeper & fluffed both.  Like others, dying for him to come good re scoring, but ...

You are aware that was an attempt on goal from Gleeson rather than a well-executed pass?

I ended up making the last minute decision to go down to this game. I wasn't going to get involved in the #scenes when Wilson scored until DonsTalk's very own Stewart intimidated me into doing so. Disgraceful.

Also the restaurants in Edinburgh/Glasgow are generally far superior to the shite we have in Aberdeen ffs sake. McInnes oot.