Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Max Lowe

I only watched the first half. I don't read other forums but whatever the Derby fans were saying, it doesn't alter the facts.

The FACTS are that Max Lowe didn't once get "roasted" by anyone. Leeds didn't create a single threat down their right wing. His only errors for the whole of the first half were three misplaced passes when he was attacking and even though a couple of them were shockers (but out of play in the Leeds half so no danger), they were no worse than the rest of the team who were collectively awful at finding their man, as the stats would no doubt prove. The best Derby chance of the first half came from some brilliant play by Lowe but the striker was so shit he couldn't control the great pass to him despite acres of space in the box.

There's something else going on. Lampard doesn't fancy him perhaps or doesn't think he's ready yet. I guess with all his management experience, he would know. He may well have had a bad second half but that night they were shite and well beaten by the better team, and Leeds were hardly impressive themselves. Thick cunts like to use scapegoats and Max may well be it. Is it cos he is black? Just joking. Even though Frank senior is/was a dinosaur cockney and the majority of that ilk are Alf Garnetts, that was a black herring in amongst my presentation of facts and speculations. But did you see the manager after they beat Southampton on pens? What a fud.

Delighted to have a player of Lowe's quality at AFC again but it has its yang. It means Shinnie won't be deployed in his best position and it further guarantees that we don't have a chance of winning the SPFL in May. No team ever won the league with such an ineffective midfield as we've got.

Aye this was my thought when i started hearing of derby fans dislike for lowe, i've been to derby and can confirm it's full of thick cunts  :D.  The boy has a bright future in my eyes and two games in a misfiring team is not enough to make a judgement.

Re Lampard himself though i've heard him speak a few times over the years and he's no fool.  Pretty sure i read an article a while back when he was at chelsea and it talked about the squad being given an iq test wiith Lampards being the highest by a mile.  Something in the 140-150 range if memory serves.  Also said he was tory but that's hardly a surprise. 

I know what you mean with the midfield, there's just no cutting edge.  We really miss Maclean and Christie, there's no one in the middle that can thread a pass at all.  Greg Stewart might be the best we can hope for this window, really scunnered we didn't go for Allan. 

I'm not saying Lampard is a fool. I'm saying he's a fud though. His ingratiating himself to the fans after the pens reminded me of Ronnie Deila. After mere weeks in management, either he or he's been convinced by his (many) backroom staff that Lowe's not ready. I don't think Max has been given a fair crack of that whip.

And 140-150 isn't exactly Mensa level.

I'm not saying Lampard is a fool. I'm saying he's a fud though. His ingratiating himself to the fans after the pens reminded me of Ronnie Deila. After mere weeks in management, either he or he's been convinced by his (many) backroom staff that Lowe's not ready. I don't think Max has been given a fair crack of that whip.

Depending on the type, standard IQ tests score between 132-148 for the 98th percentile (the minimum qualifying requirement for Mensa), so it is exactly Mensa level.

I agree with your other point though about Lowe not being given a proper chance, here's hoping Derby's loss is our gain.

Well it is mensa level ?

Edit. OD beat me to it

I sat the Mensa test 25 years ago. There was an advert in the P & J and I was curious so went along to the Station Hotel and endured a gruelling two hour test. It wasn't the subjects and the test that was hard. It was the fact we only had two hours to complete it and many after complained they never got near the end of it. That's just shit time management on their part but the fact that many/most/all (can't remember) of the questions had a multi choice option totally devalued it for me. I ended up getting a much higher score than Lamps and paid my £45 p.a. to become a member until after £500+ down, I realised it was a complete waste of time. I had never attended a meeting, had no intention of going so I was paying for a monthly magazine that was shit. Before I jacked it (I got an e-mail last week from Mensa trying to get me to pay them again), I went to Wagamamas in Union Square to attend this lunch gathering at 12 noon, having emailed my intention to do so. One look in the window and it was screamingly obvious who the Mensa cats were. My fixed mindset, my preconceptions and my instinct kicked in and I never went in. Fucking geeks united by nothing other than "passing" a multichoice "test".

I sat the Mensa test 25 years ago. There was an advert in the P & J and I was curious so went along to the Station Hotel and endured a gruelling two hour test. It wasn't the subjects and the test that was hard. It was the fact we only had two hours to complete it and many after complained they never got near the end of it. That's just shit time management on their part but the fact that many/most/all (can't remember) of the questions had a multi choice option totally devalued it for me. I ended up getting a much higher score than Lamps and paid my £45 p.a. to become a member until after £500+ down, I realised it was a complete waste of time. I had never attended a meeting, had no intention of going so I was paying for a monthly magazine that was shit. Before I jacked it (I got an e-mail last week from Mensa trying to get me to pay them again), I went to Wagamamas in Union Square to attend this lunch gathering at 12 noon, having emailed my intention to do so. One look in the window and it was screamingly obvious who the Mensa cats were. My fixed mindset, my preconceptions and my instinct kicked in and I never went in. Fucking geeks united by nothing other than "passing" a multichoice "test".

“Humble brag”.

You actually paid over 500 quid to Mensa?  I guess that's one intelligence test you didn't pass  ;D

You actually paid over 500 quid to Mensa?  I guess that's one intelligence test you didn't pass  ;D

£45 a year for a dozen or so years. Worse, I paid fees to a professional association I had no intention of returning to for FIFTEEN years until I finally woke up in 2001.

Intelligence comes in many different guises. I'm a spastic at many things but I can pass a stupid wee test or got lucky with the multi choice answers once upon a time.

• 3 months later...

Claims (without any attributed quotes) that Slippy G looking to hijack our bid to get Lowe back next season.

Course they are. They're obsessed with us. Which of our players have they not "been "linked with" since they first came into the league?

Its in the Retard

Jackshun taking a punt as he knows sevco have 4 utterly shyte left backs (2 likely to be released in June...Wallace and Hodson)

Clue is his opening line "The Record understands".....newspaper gobbledegook for "lets crate a controversial story and create some clickbait"

I've been told both Rangers and Celtic are interested in him. No clickbait here.

He's a decent LB, certainly a decent SPFL left back. Having just signed a new Derby contract before coming to us on loan, he'll cost a few quid if anyone wants to buy him, which would rule us well and truly out.

I've been told both Rangers and Celtic are interested in him. No clickbait here.

If Derby go up they'll pretty much buy a whole new first 11 as what they have is in no way capable of jkeeping them there. They paid £3million for Malone, their present incumbent last summer but who only got in after Forsyth (been on the fringes of a Scotland call up for years) got another bad injury. Forsyth will be close to fitness by the start of the new season.

Should they go up, Forsyth likely becomes surplus to requirements and probably allowed to go for free if he can get himself fixed up. If they don't go up, he will be Malone's back up.

Where does this leave Lowe though? As has been said he signed a new contract a year ago. But at best will still be 3rd choice come the new season...possibly 4th. I think Derby would rather punt him out on loan another year to see what happens but if they go up....they might just be tempted to sell if they get a decent offer in. Lowe looked utterly unprepared for Championship football in the couple of games he played.

If rumours are to be believed, Brenda wants to have Tierney follow him down the road to Leicester in summer for a fee of £25 million or so. So Celtic would definitely be in the market for a left back should this occur. THey'd easily meet any fee Derby would want ( I think they'd take £750k for Lowe if someone offered it). Sevco would also be able to pay for him...theyve got 4 utter shyte left backs on their books as it stands but 2 are likely to be released and apparently the boy Barisic is pretty unpopular with SlippyG and may be sold back in the summer. I dont think Lowe would entertain going there but Celtic would probably be irresistable to him.

If we were to sell McKenna and/or Cosgrove we might be able to pay the fee Derby would ask. But Celtic would blow us out the water wages wise.

If Derby go up they'll pretty much buy a whole new first 11 as what they have is in no way capable of jkeeping them there. They paid £3million for Malone, their present incumbent last summer but who only got in after Forsyth (been on the fringes of a Scotland call up for years) got another bad injury. Forsyth will be close to fitness by the start of the new season.

Should they go up, Forsyth likely becomes surplus to requirements and probably allowed to go for free if he can get himself fixed up. If they don't go up, he will be Malone's back up.

Where does this leave Lowe though? As has been said he signed a new contract a year ago. But at best will still be 3rd choice come the new season...possibly 4th. I think Derby would rather punt him out on loan another year to see what happens but if they go up....they might just be tempted to sell if they get a decent offer in. Lowe looked utterly unprepared for Championship football in the couple of games he played.

If rumours are to be believed, Brenda wants to have Tierney follow him down the road to Leicester in summer for a fee of £25 million or so. So Celtic would definitely be in the market for a left back should this occur. THey'd easily meet any fee Derby would want ( I think they'd take £750k for Lowe if someone offered it). Sevco would also be able to pay for him...theyve got 4 utter shyte left backs on their books as it stands but 2 are likely to be released and apparently the boy Barisic is pretty unpopular with SlippyG and may be sold back in the summer. I dont think Lowe would entertain going there but Celtic would probably be irresistable to him.

If we were to sell McKenna and/or Cosgrove we might be able to pay the fee Derby would ask. But Celtic would blow us out the water wages wise.

But likewise, if they get promoted they'll be financially comfortable and won't need to sell anyone.

It's nothing to them to therefore send him out on another one-season loan. Either his value goes up, he becomes a better player, or they get relegated and have a player to stick in their Championship squad.

I think he'll be back on loan at Aberdeen next season. That's my hunch.