Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dom Ball

He was indeed our best midfielder and not culpable for the defeat as in he did the job he was asked and played simple passes to a team-mate. However would only get 5/10 from me today. Ferguson was poor but I think his legs were gone before we even kicked off. Would probably have been subbed off early second half but both Wright and McLennan were horrendously bad  ( 2/10 for both of them) and we obviously needed to change things. Shortly after which Saints scored their first with Consi being directly at fault both for conceding the corner unnecessarily then failing to deal with Shaughnessy in the air. Shinnie was a headless chicken all afternoon and hampered himself by collecting one of his stupid bookings (less this season I thought he was learning but apparently not)

Ferguson has to be rested Tuesday. Wright can go back to the reserves, McLennan to the bench. I'd be tempted to give young Campbell a start but fuck knows who we put up top. GMS has to start if fit, McGinn back in starting line up.

agenda ? 2 shite seasons of recruitment.. comparator steve clarke.. tommy wright our wage budget probably greater than both clubs turnover... no critical thinking

Must of hit a nerve there as don't remember quoting or mentioning  you.

He was indeed our best midfielder and not culpable for the defeat as in he did the job he was asked and played simple passes to a team-mate. However would only get 5/10 from me today. Ferguson was poor but I think his legs were gone before we even kicked off. Would probably have been subbed off early second half but both Wright and McLennan were horrendously bad  ( 2/10 for both of them) and we obviously needed to change things. Shortly after which Saints scored their first with Consi being directly at fault both for conceding the corner unnecessarily then failing to deal with Shaughnessy in the air. Shinnie was a headless chicken all afternoon and hampered himself by collecting one of his stupid bookings (less this season I thought he was learning but apparently not)

Ferguson has to be rested Tuesday. Wright can go back to the reserves, McLennan to the bench. I'd be tempted to give young Campbell a start but fuck knows who we put up top. GMS has to start if fit, McGinn back in starting line up.

So it wasn’t Ball who’s challenge was brushed aside by Alston as he ran in for the second goal. Thought looked powder puff at the game but waited to check TV highlights to make sure I was not being harsh on him. Any half way decent defensive midfielder would have made sure he either won the ball or brought Alston down. Ball did neither and it summed him up. Even playing at the best of his abilities he offers nothing going forward and is still capable of making the mistake that costs you a goal.

First time Ive seen a replay of the goal and agree he should have brought Alston down......he did try but missed. Still say Consi is more culpable though, Logan is posted missing at right back, Consi is filling in but almost on the touchline  ??? and can see Alston's run. If he had came 15 yards infield when Ball is trying to tackle Alston he blocks the space Alston finds after getting past Ball. Also Joe is far too far off his line.

First time Ive seen a replay of the goal and agree he should have brought Alston down......he did try but missed. Still say Consi is more culpable though, Logan is posted missing at right back, Consi is filling in but almost on the touchline  ??? and can see Alston's run. If he had came 15 yards infield when Ball is trying to tackle Alston he blocks the space Alston finds after getting past Ball. Also Joe is far too far off his line.

Judging by the highlights, Shaughnessy's goal was Considine's fault, he got caught flat footed and Shaughnessy was hungrier. Alston's goal, for me it starts with Ball, he was hesitant to get close initially, then puts in a very amateur tackle, but even after that, McKenna backs off, and backs off and doesn't get anywhere near close enough to him, and he eventually curls it in. Perhaps the players were mentally fatigued as well as physically fatigued? Defence is the one area of the pitch we're currently unable to rotate.