Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

JC's signing policy

Guest Caroline B

A clearout of the players who are clearly not top 4 SPL players needs to be carried out in the summer,

So that leaves diamond, smith and possibly miller then (if he gets his arse in gear)..

not counting Nicholson, aluko or walker as they look like they will all be off..

lovell not sure what is going on there as jc seems to not want him

The only one's i'd be going all out to keep are zander, smith, miller, langfield nicholson & lovell

However realistically theres no way any club can bring in an entire first team squad over the summer, some of the fringe players will have to stay

Langfield are you on drugs min he,s dropped more balls than Amy Mcdonald

So that leaves diamond, smith and possibly miller then (if he gets his arse in gear)..

not counting Nicholson, aluko or walker as they look like they will all be off..

lovell not sure what is going on there as jc seems to not want him

If there was the prospect of a genuine clearout I'd keep:

1st team picks: Diamond, Maybury, Jamie Smith, Nicholson, Miller, Lovell

Squad players: Langfield, Touzani, Considine, Maguire

Out: Byrne, Macnamara, Severin, Mackie, Duff, Foster, Dan Smith, Soutar, Bus, JDV, Aluko, Walker

Langfield are you on drugs min he,s dropped more balls than Amy Mcdonald

I'd agree that he has been prone to howlers, but when on form he can be a very capable keeper, worth keeping as a back up at the least.

If there was the prospect of a genuine clearout I'd keep:

1st team picks: Diamond, Maybury, Jamie Smith, Nicholson, Miller, Lovell

Squad players: Langfield, Touzani, Considine, Maguire

Out: Byrne, Macnamara, Severin, Mackie, Duff, Foster, Dan Smith, Soutar, Bus, JDV, Aluko, Walker

Aye i forgot about maybury, id be keeping him as a first team pick too.

Id also hope to keep seve foster and touzani, all can be useful players when theyre on form, and i really think they would benefit from 1) being fully fit 2) having competition for places.

I know this wont be a popular idea but as a last resort id be keeping bryne as well, on the provision that he only ever plays centre half, he's seemed solid enough in there.

Chances are, any player we sign will have to be on a free transfer. The pick of the free transfers become available in January, so if we're going to wait until summer to sign the bulk of our players, we'll be left with the players no-one else wants, and no doubt will sign after pre-season training is finished and will take a whole season to get match fit as is usually the case.

Around about the time of Lubomir Blaha, can anyone else remember either JC or Willie Miller saying something along the lines of:

'Eastern Europe is where it's at now, they're hungrier than Scottish boys, they still play fitba when they're kids, Scottish boys just sit on their arses playing Xbox and we're going to be signing hunners of guys fae the Czech Republic and Poland from now on, we've got contacts and everything", or words to that effect but less eloquently phrased?

What the fuck happened to all that then?

The same that happened when the club said...

"We're going to build a team full of the best young Scottish players"

and

"We're going to use our contacts in Africa to build a team of the best emerging African talent"

and

"I'm going to use my contacts to bring in some fantastic Dutch players".

and

"We're going to set up a youth academy to produce our own players".

and

"We're going to build a new stadium"

and

"We're going to invest 750,000 of the directors' own money"

Same thing...

..what happened, in reality, was absolutely fuck all.

It's all talk.

People want to get rid of Seve??

Aye ok.. he's not been on great form this season.. but neither was Zander last season and there were eejits screaming for him to be punted. Now this season he's come onto his game again and we'd be f****d without him. Seve's had a bad spell, aye but it's not been bad enough to justify getting rid of him. I do however think that Zander should be made captain.

People want to get rid of Seve??

Aye ok.. he's not been on great form this season.. but neither was Zander last season and there were eejits screaming for him to be punted. Now this season he's come onto his game again and we'd be f****d without him. Seve's had a bad spell, aye but it's not been bad enough to justify getting rid of him. I do however think that Zander should be made captain.

Crucial difference is that it is painfully clear Seve has lost a vital yard of pace this season. Once that goes, its downhill from there I'm afraid, especially for a midfielder.

Seve has been shite for more than just this season, last season he was horrendous bar 3 or 4 games. He's lost a yard of pace and keeps trying to ping passes that do not happen for him anymore. It frustrates me greatly because he had the opportunity to be a legend at our club but consistently shows us that he doesn't give a rats arse.

Given Nicholson is probably for the off, Seve is probably our best midfielder.

There has been, for what ever reason, a dramatic drop in his form though and we can all speculate on the what those reasons are.

Seve is a damn fine player, I just wish he'd start getting his form back. It may be he isn't up to performing and being captain, it happens.

Seve has been shite for more than just this season, last season he was horrendous bar 3 or 4 games. He's lost a yard of pace and keeps trying to ping passes that do not happen for him anymore. It frustrates me greatly because he had the opportunity to be a legend at our club but consistently shows us that he doesn't give a rats arse.

Totally agree.

IIRC didnt we have a few good performances/results when he was dropped earlier in the season ?

The hail team's shorn of confidence just noo, and Severin especially seems to be at an all time low