Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Stevie May .......... Derek ...... over to you

As long as the club have a budget for him, I'm happy for him to stay. I know he hasn't scored goals but he has created goals and works his socks off for the team. #keepstevie

I don't think that we do have the budget for him though. There is zero point in having him and Main in the squad, it is detrimental to others trying to get into the team and they both do the same job. "Having the budget" for Stevie May means that we also have the budget for someone better than Stevie May on the same money.

He won't leave to end up on less cash than he's getting now with us. Why would he? It's not as if he will ever make multi-millions out the game.....sure he makes a comfortable living right now...….but with the state of his knee it's doubtful he will have a career till he's 36/37 either.

The word was we were happy to give him 3 months wages as a pay off. Supposedly on £4k/week...……..x13 =£52k. Along with a signing on fee from St Johnstone that perhaps matched that figure and them stretching themselves to £3k/week (probably making him their highest paid player) he wouldn't have lost out. It sounds like his (now-ex) agent then tried to get an even bigger signing on fee from St J and so St J pulled the plug.

When May's new representatives went back trying to resurrect the deal, for whatever reason St J have allegedly withdrawn the signing on fee and lowered the deal overall. As I say.....its doubtful may's career will be particularly long so no wonder he's sitting tight.

The question is.....will any other club come in now? It's hard to imagine that anyone other than the 2 Dundee clubs couls afford a package that would be acceptable to him....and they both seem to have moved on from any interest a while back. So.......I think we are stuck with him.