Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Hearts

Chris Sutton and Beechgrove McCoist can't find a good word to say about the Dons on BTSport, both look like they are sooking on lemons.

Also just noticed they have a green and a blue mic cover respectively, subtle.

Aberdeen win and you let that bother you?

Thought Cosgrove did well. Not someone you would play as a lone forward but alongside May and Rooney (though May was poor I thought, let the game pass him by).

McLean going to be a big miss v Hibs (suspended I think).

Hearts, just an awful team and club. Bunch of cloggers. Call themselves a big club yet Aberdeen had more fans at last night's Youth Cup final than Hearts did tonight. Back to mid-table mediocrity, which to be fair is where they belong.

That was a good example of the job Cosgrove was brought in for, physicality.  Maybe there's hope for him yet.

Overall the team got hold of the match after the first goal and Hearts had absolutely nothing to threaten with. McGinn was very poor tonight though, seems to be tailing off as the season ends.

Three to go.

It’s all about the result and we got one. However, those were the easiest games and the mentality in the next two games, and obviously the tactics and line up, will be very interesting. You can’t predict the last game at all, no clue how the Tim’s approach that one either. Nobody would have predicted tonight’s lineup and tactics, wonder what’s in store for the final three.

Didn’t see a lot of today’s game but is McGinn fit??? Didn’t appear to do much but I could be wrong.

Thought Cosgrove did well. Not someone you would play as a lone forward but alongside May and Rooney (though May was poor I thought, let the game pass him by).

May is poor.  He offers us nothing.  What is that now? One in 19, 20? Doesn't even look like scoring or threatening the opposition.

LA Don - I don't think McGinn is fit, and the fact he was on the bench in the semi etc shows that. His sharpness just isn't there. I think he needs a pre-season with us, and maybe that's what Stevie May needs too. Fingers crossed.

May is poor.  He offers us nothing.  What is that now? One in 19, 20? Doesn't even look like scoring or threatening the opposition.

LA Don - I don't think McGinn is fit, and the fact he was on the bench in the semi etc shows that. His sharpness just isn't there. I think he needs a pre-season with us, and maybe that's what Stevie May needs too. Fingers crossed.

I still have hope for McGinn and GMS. Reckon they'll both kick on next season. Mad that we have May on such a long deal, he's finished.

Pleased for Cosgrove. On one hand people are screaming for us to find a hidden gem and nurture them like Motherwell do (Moult, Main etc) but didn’t give the lad a chance and he was dismissed as shite after barely playing 30 minutes in total. Insanity. Anyway, he linked the play well, which is what we’ve missed this season from our centre forward.

I enjoyed that tonight. We started off very nervously and appeared to be set up in a strange formation and it showed in the players and i feared the worst, but when that first goal went in we were a different team and battered the fuckers off the park. Their goalie kept the score respectable for them, I actually thought Hearts were utter shit.

We needed that opener to settle the nerves and you'd think O'Connor had something to prove during his celebration

There was some good passing moves tonight and the McLean pass for the second I actually thought he hit it to slow for GMS to get on to, but shows you what I know. A superb assist from McLean and a great finish from GMS.

Never thought I'd write this, but Dom Ball had a very good game tonight and was hard to believe this was the same player we saw at Hamlden two weeks ago having the mother of all howlers and if I'm being honest I didn't expect him to ever play for us again. Fair play to the loon.

I was surprised to see Cosgrove in the line up, but the boy did well and kept the ball well and took no shite from the Hearts defence. PLayed right he may offer us a different option which is encouraging.

McGinn is clearly not fit, he put in a shift tonight and worked hard, but you could see he wasn't his usual self buzzing around the pitch looking for openings. Most things he tried in an attacking sense just didn't come off for him. He also looks a little overweight.

The ref was a dick, the first player in the book was McKenna for being in a tussle with a Hearts player, but a few Hearts players should have been in the book long before that, then he just made bad calls for thr rest of the evening and was forced to book Berra at long last which must have hurt him.

A really good three points and a GIRFUY Lafferty, Naismith and Berra (What was the scoop with him and the crowd tonight towards the end of the game over at the South Stand?)

Enjoyable watch that.

Have to say, I thought McGinn was pretty poor to be honest, May had a few nice link ups but nothing else, them two aside, I thought they were all excellent. Sam Cosgrove really rattled their centre backs and it showed, they really did not like playing against him, he might be a secret weapon in this run in, and not May as McInnes alluded too earlier in the season.

GMS was confident, and when he's confident, he's more than capable of that, great team goal, started of by Cosgrove getting to a loose ball before anyone else, excellent pass by McLean and a strikers finish from GMS, lovely effort into the far corner.

Loved when McKenna ragdolled that Euan Henderson, wee fanny, after he elbowed him, and it was clearly deliberate, and not a single Hearts player even thought about having a go, they all just stayed away  :rofl:

The most negative team in the division, and for me, Levein genuinely plays for clean sheets, if they nick a goal it's a bonus, but the man is a dinosaur. Fair play, they are solid defensively, but they play a back 5, so it's to be expected.

The most negative team in the division, and for me, Levein genuinely plays for clean sheets, if they nick a goal it's a bonus, but the man is a dinosaur.

Bang on. Levein's is a face that can barely crack a smile. He is a checkpoint charlie. He put the dour into Scotsmen.

Congratulations to McInnes and the team. My son was up from London but I couldn't face going last night. I used to despise supporters like me but I'm turning into the part timers I used to despise. I attended matches at Brechin, Montrose and Forfar the last three weeks instead. I still need football. Just not the brand that AFC have been serving up this season. I've been sickened too often.

Great result for Aberdeen yesterday. Was a bit disappointed at the Niall McGinn display but can not fault our overall play. There was only one team wanting to win the game.

I have a feeling that Killie will get a result today against Hibs followed by a Celtic win against Sevco on Sunday.

PS.....Great to see some green grass on the pitch for a change. Well done the ground staff :clap:

Great result for Aberdeen yesterday. Was a bit disappointed at the Niall McGinn display but can not fault our overall play. There was only one team wanting to win the game.

I have a feeling that Killie will get a result today against Hibs followed by a Celtic win against Sevco on Sunday.

PS.....Great to see some green grass on the pitch for a change. Well done the ground staff :clap:

Agree about the pitch, it was great. As to be expected given the break it's had and the previous weather conditions causing it's prior state.

Bit harsh on McGinn, he did a tremendous amount of dirty work. Some nice touches in the second half too, and allowed Shinnie to get beyond. Kept their wing back at bay in what was an excellent tactical display from the dons. We'd all love him to be producing more going forward, but he did what he was asked to do exceptionally well and even had a ten minute spell at left of a back five.

We came up with something new last night against a back 3 and it worked very well. Cosgrove should have played against Motherwell instead of either Rooney or May and we should played in similar fashion to last night. We pressed them high with the two forwards and McLean pressing through the centre when required, keeping our shape and cutting out numerous plays high up the pitch. It's what we've been crying out for all season. Obviously McLean being available for this one was crucial to the success of the formation, but even without him we should have deployed this sooner. I think we'll revert back next week as I expect hibs will play a back 4i wth Considine and Shinnie in midfield as normal. Ball actually looked like a footballer last night, and really grew in confidence as the game went on. We'll need him in the run in, so more of that loon.

Special mention to the stubborn cunt Levein. Clearly told his players that they must take the ball short from the keeper at all times, and they just continued to do so for 90 minutes, dicking about trying to find a short pass when our players had clearly cottoned on in the first minute and were pressing high. I'd have been fuming if I was jambo cunt watching that shit in the 85th minute. Classic Levein, completely unable to accept when he might be wrong and change it. In his early Utd years he use to be able to admit to making mistakes and try things, he came across as a good manager. Since his early Scotland days, he clearly got a complex (to be fair to him, he got some amount of abuse from the press when he was made Scotland boss for not being old firm enough) and won't accept fault for anything now at all. He comes across as a McGheeesque child.