Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V St Johnstone

Decent performance and a good result. Pitch still an abomination, so fair play to the dons for playing fitba at times. Christie was excellent. His best performance since McGinn returned. May was okay, did a lot of good running and hopefully the goal will give him confidence. His movement is good, but he needs to get into the 6 yard box more often. He keeps going short when he should look to get in for the cross.

Thought we might have tried O'Connor into midfield today and get Arnason on to try it out ahead of the semi. I understand giving McKenna a break though, a decent move. Ball came on, but I thought it should have been at right back, again to try it out. Logan played well though, good strength to get on the end of the cross from Considine for Stewart's first (offside?)

Unexpectedly handsome win.Started off a bit low key,but the goal seemed to bring us to life.Good to see May getting a goal,unlucky not to get another. Coincedence that Christie excelled with Mcginn out the side?.Not suggesting we drop one or the other but be good to find a way to play them both.

Hopefully a springboard for the rest of the season.COYR

Well, we started off quite shite, but what a difference a goal makes and once Christie knocked it in it was never in doubt who would win as it was one way traffic pretty much the rest of the game.

Really good to see May get that goal his confidence needed and he was unlucky with a few other chances and also good to see Stewart get two goals today. I do rate Stewart as a player, he has got a good touch and vision and I think he could do a job for a lot of teams and was unlucky to be bombed out of the team with the return of Niall, especially when he was starting to hit some form. No Niall in the team today and we see Christie give his best performace since Niall returned, but I don't think he will be around next year.  Hopefully after scoring a double, DM doesn't dump Stewart from the team to get Niall back in.

Quite an enjoyable performace today and good to see us score a few goals and create a few other chances, the goal we lost was sloppy and the guys switched off at the corner.

Was surprised to see McKenna come off, but I understand the reasoning, I had totally forgotten that Reynolds still played for us. 

A good win and a good performace from the team once we got going. Joe back in goal too.  Hopefully we can go on a run and make a good claim for that second place, that really would knock the stuffing out of the Hun faithful.

1st 25mns, we were really poor & struggling to make an impact, if anything St.J were the better team.

Once again ref.Madden had a mare(must have been pissed off his beloved dropped points today).    Pitch never helped, absolute disgrace, groundstaff need their jotters >:D

Once we scored there was only one team in it, our top performers were McLean.Christie ,Stewart & my m.o.t.m was O'Connor who was solid, decent crowd seen as it was baltic.

Looking for 3 more points on Tuesday .C.o.y.r !

1st 25mns, we were really poor & struggling to make an impact, if anything St.J were the better team.

Once again ref.Madden had a mare(must have been pissed off his beloved dropped points today).    Pitch never helped, absolute disgrace, groundstaff need their jotters >:D

Once we scored there was only one team in it, our top performers were McLean.Christie ,Stewart & my m.o.t.m was O'Connor who was solid, decent crowd seen as it was baltic.

Looking for 3 more points on Tuesday .C.o.y.r !

apart from the carry on with Considine stealing some yards at a throw in , the ref did ok.

It was a very easy game for him tbf,

Best game I have seen from Stewart since he came, motm for me.

St Johnstone were fuckin awful.

apart from the carry on with Considine stealing some yards at a throw in , the ref did ok.

It was a very easy game for him tbf,

What about his complete inability - for both sides - to count/pace out ten yards? He didn't make any horrendous decisions, but he was just generally incompetent. He'd fucked up something if there was anything to fuck up.

What about his complete inability - for both sides - to count/pace out ten yards? He didn't make any horrendous decisions, but he was just generally incompetent. He'd fucked up something if there was anything to fuck up.

forgot about the free kick thing tbf, never marked the ground for one in the second half for some reason.

the standard of Refs in the SPL is poor in general, maybe i was being kind due to the comfortable win.

Thought we started poorly again but once we got the goal there was only going to be one winner. Thought May took his goal well. Stewart deserved his man of the match award. Best game Christie has played in a while as well.

From the highlights, looked like a good team  performance and some good finishes in amongst it too. Didn’t look like there was 14k folk there? Unlucky not score a few more imo. Wtf happened at their goal though ???

Bring on the well, huge game now.

From the highlights, looked like a good team  performance and some good finishes in amongst it too. Didn’t look like there was 14k folk there? Unlucky not score a few more imo. Wtf happened at their goal though ???

Deflection off May took it away from Joe. They caught us sleeping with a quick corner as well.

Theyve changed the way they calculate the attendance to include ST holders not present I think? 15k and 14k still seems very optimistic though.Looked around 11k in the ground both games

Sorry min. Moncler is unacceptable.

Kafka stock and sell it, and they're the best in the business.

If retail and Aberdeen and quality is the business.

Some of my clients wear Moncler. They're total wankers with zero taste.

Sorry Rocket but who are you to tell anyone that a certain brand of clothing is unacceptable? ??? Don't get me wrong.. I'd never heard of Moncler before this fucking unfortunate topic came up in this thread about some absolutely mental solid bastard wanting to fight someone in his most expensive jacket so I'm completely indifferent towards them as a make personally.. And I understand that you might not like and therefore won't wear it. But to tell someone that it's unacceptable is ridiculous. To say they have zero taste is merely your opinion.

Hemmin Rico. Go and buy yersel a Moncler jaicket if you so wish and tell the cunts that give you grief that Tyrant said it was OK. Dinna go scrapping in it though. That's just a bad idea.

Sorry Rocket but who are you to tell anyone that a certain brand of clothing is unacceptable? ??? Don't get me wrong.. I'd never heard of Moncler before this fucking unfortunate topic came up in this thread about some absolutely mental solid bastard wanting to fight someone in his most expensive jacket so I'm completely indifferent towards them as a make personally.. And I understand that you might not like and therefore won't wear it. But to tell someone that it's unacceptable is ridiculous. To say they have zero taste is merely your opinion.

Hemmin Rico. Go and buy yersel a Moncler jaicket if you so wish and tell the cunts that give you grief that Tyrant said it was OK. Dinna go scrapping in it though. That's just a bad idea.

Thanks. I took the terms "unacceptable" and "zero taste" as opinion, dinna worry. If I thought otherwise, I'd have said so. Fortunately, it's nae a subject I'm particularly expert in, so I don't mind a bit of differing opinion on it. If I'm honest, I'd admit that I was way out of my depth suggesting that they were a decent brand having only seen perhaps two of their jaickets. I should stick to subjects that I'm clearly an expert on, such as fitba and fitba stadium locations in case I get called out on it like on this occasion.

Also, not having met Rocket before, his tastes might be horrendous, so it doesn't really hold that much weight.

Thank you for having the basic common sense to fail to misinterpret my "unacceptable" and "zero taste" for what it was, merely an opinion, albeit one dressed in a hot emphasis sauce. Anyone misinterpreting my words to impute that I was seeking to direct others how to dress is either spoiling for a fight, for a reaction, or of course could be a total retard in which case it would be equally futile to attempt to communicate with.

Your "horrendous taste" gave me a good laugh. That's the thing. One man's gravy is another man's uric acid. Superdry, North Face, Hollister, Polo and Boss are very popular brands. I would have the wearers shot on principle, the principle being that they're too stupid to share the planet with the rest of us. Not only would the population in Britain reduce by half, it's the half that are devoid of imagination and who like to conform that are gone, thereby relieving not just the pressure on resources but expanding opportunities to think and to breathe.

Thank you for having the basic common sense to fail to misinterpret my "unacceptable" and "zero taste" for what it was, merely an opinion, albeit one dressed in a hot emphasis sauce. Anyone misinterpreting my words to impute that I was seeking to direct others how to dress is either spoiling for a fight, for a reaction, or of course could be a total retard in which case it would be equally futile to attempt to communicate with.

Your "horrendous taste" gave me a good laugh. That's the thing. One man's gravy is another man's uric acid. Superdry, North Face, Hollister, Polo and Boss are very popular brands. I would have the wearers shot on principle, the principle being that they're too stupid to share the planet with the rest of us. Not only would the population in Britain reduce by half, it's the half that are devoid of imagination and who like to conform that are gone, thereby relieving not just the pressure on resources but expanding opportunities to think and to breathe.

Well I'm neither a confrontational person nor a retard so that leaves only one option. And it's nae that one either! Even if there was a wee bit of me that would've found it funny if you'd gone completely nuts.  ;)  But no, I just felt it was an odd choice of words for one grown up to use towards another. But I accept that it's a possibility that I got the intended tone wrong on this occasion. It can happen when reading instead of hearing. Please accept my sincere apologies.  :-*

Like Rico I'm an expert on a lot of things but fashion isn't one of them. I tend to have a stronger idea of what I don't like rather than what I do. And I'm in agreement re North Face and Hollister especially. I'd throw G-Star in there too tbh honest. Come to think of it anything that's been hijacked by neds.

I don't see North Face as having been hijacked by neds. They are fucking everywhere. They scream middle class nothingness to me.

Oops, just remembered that my wife has a North Face jacket and I really like it. Of course it's males we are executing here. Only a madman shoots women based on their dress sense. Even nae bonnie quines are extremely useful.