Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tom Crotty

Thank Christ you boys are not involved in motivating the team eh.  We'd be doomed.

Posters expressing opinions and interpretations on reality on AFC webchatspeaksites isn't the same function as football management. Not even the same ball-park.

Could the next manager not turn out to be even better than the current one? 

Of course. The current one isn't very good.

Could the move to the new stadium not end up benefiting the club both financially and on the playing side?

It could, and hopefully it will. But have you seen the history? And do you believe in karma?

Yes, maybe I am guilty of looking at the good side of things and reading some of the negative drivel on this forum, I would prefer to stay that way.

Optimism is admirable. Happy clapping is ridiculous. If you're so into celebrating your positive outlook, you should learn more about this subject. Google Professor Carol Dweck and her inspirational work on the difference between growth and fixed mindsets. Then read her fellow American Dr M Scott Peck about the essential need to be dedicated to the truth.

The way I see it, the club are debt free, six points off the top of the league, enjoying one of the best calendar years of results in recent times and have plans for both a new training ground and new stadium with quite a bit of financial backing already assured.

Debt free? Yay! I've pumped in 750 games and the club I gave that money to are liquid?

6 points off the top? What planet are you on? Can you not see how the next 6 months will pan out?

And you compare this year to "recent times" and you see nothing but positives? Without seeing the reality of the last 20 years?

It's not really that bad is it?

You wouldn't fucking know because you're not capable of knowing what day of the week this is.

Cunts like you boil my piss. You're not like a.n.other who swallows everything he's fed from "up high" but you're evil for this reason; you're attempting to placate us masses and in doing so, you LIE about the facts. Tell us how, when and where Milne put money in? At least you've got the balls to continue the debate unlike the coward who fucked off but prove to us that you're not a stooge, another AFC-PR machine cunt who come and go and always fail to stick around?

:eek:

I believe this thread started out talking about how someone has 'invested' in our club...

As touched on earlier in the thread before it turned the way it has, i've never really understood 'investment' in a football club, even all the massive successful clubs are 10's if not 100's of millions in debt so how can these rich people (whom i'd assume to be reasonably intelligent) see investing in a football club to be a wise move?

The ONLY case i can think of is Fergus McCann at the Dhims, i'm sure there may be one or two more examples, but in the whole i'd suggest - you're not getting your money back if you invest in a football club.

I'd love to know the real reason for all the massive foreign investment in English football. How much has Abramovic at Chelsea and the Arabs who own Man City ploughed into those clubs? There's obviously the transfer fees which may be recouped but you can't recoup wages of which those must reach the hundreds of millions. So, what's the reason for it all?

Well I still think we made a huge mistake of letting Jack go.

I mean he could have surely been a great player as a centre half.

The vision there was astonishing.How nobody else saw it beggars belief.

:hammer:

Did you take a wrong turning somewhere N&T and post this on the wrong thread? If not then that's VERY random!  :dunno:

BTW, Jack was crap and we don't miss him.

I'd love to know the real reason for all the massive foreign investment in English football. How much has Abramovic at Chelsea and the Arabs who own Man City ploughed into those clubs? There's obviously the transfer fees which may be recouped but you can't recoup wages of which those must reach the hundreds of millions. So, what's the reason for it all?

Money laundering in Abramovitch’s case. It doesn’t matter if he loses money because he’s bought legitimacy for his ill-gotten gains, as Sibneft can attest with their missing oil tankers, which gave him his criminal start.