Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Killie

Motherwell, as I said previously in a different topic, have improved under this Robinson, and today fought back from 2-0 down to gain a credible draw with Hibs at Easter Road. I am genuinely concerned going into a double header with them, especially as one is a cup game.

Of our wins this season so far, have we won any of them comfortably? Truthfully?

Well i said before kick off it was a bizarre selection and seems like as last week we were thre better side for 30 minutes then Killie took over and we were fortunate to escape with a draw again. Drawing with a side rock bottom just not acceptable at home. Time for the tinkering to stop.

Its a poor result no doubts,but McInnes cant win at the moment.I sort of admire him for trying out different things because he's looking(I assume) for better.Nobodys been comfortable with the defence this season,so he changed it again today,and Arnason looked pretty good.That might be a bit of tinkering that pays off longer term.

Were assuming its tinkering that was the problem,but it sounds like we started well,and Killie took us a bit by surprise after their substitution,played well.Maybe a case of lacking the drive and urgency to get back into it.Would maybe have had Tansey or Ball in beside Shinnie(who wasnt great),and we missed Christies energy and creativity,who was possibly dropped because him and MacLean cant play int the same team? MacLean played ok first half,but would have Christie ahead of him,or drop Maynard

There was a lot of games last season where we would have looked as ordinary as we did today if it wasnt for Johnny Hayes bombing forward.We need someone to dictate a good tempo and the forwards to learn how to link up better or be more alert to each other

Frustrating performance, after being in control for 30 minutes we completely lost it and only got back in the game after Christie and GMS came on.

Logan was given a torrid time by there 11, altough he got no help at all.

Stewart is beginning to look like a luxury player, good ability but no pace and not a great workrate.

Forget playing 2 up front, Maynard is sub at best.

Shinnie worked hard but needs to cut out giving away silly free kicks.

Wright goes missing too often when the going gets tough.

As bad as Arnason was against Hamilton he was very good today.

McLean was our best player today for me, could not fault his attitude or effort at all, he went absolutely ballistic with Stewart after they scored.

McInnes needs to find his best 11 and stick with it for a few games, a good team is there.

yes lets try stuff and lose points

If it means we find our best eleven why not.Would you have kept Reynolds in instead of Arnason? Most of us thought Maynard might be a good addition. Alongside May today was worth a try......if only to conclude he's maybe not that up to much,but how longs a reasonable amount of time to try?

I would stick with that back 4 for now,and Shinnie and Tansey or Ball in the middle.Not sure about the front lot yet,maybe theyre not firing because the midfields not settled....

Getting Arnason into the team was a reasonable thing to do. However Stewart in for Christie and Maynard for Rooney was as step too far. Christie is the one player in our squad who can do something different out the blue that can unlock a defence in an instant. Stewart I said before the season started had one decent season in a shyte Dundee team that really made him look better than he actually is. He just looks overweight, slow and totally a one trick pony, defences know he will always cut inside on his left foot from the right.

Maynard alongside May, as it was a home game against the bottom side was a reasonable thing to do as we know Rooney has been gash for ages offering nothing except tap ins. Unfortunately it looks like he too isnt going to offer anything too. Wright was the big gaffe today by Deek. He was anonymous last week against Fartz and as I said before he needs handled gently....a full game once a month for now and a bench option otherwise.

2 games against Well at their gaffe doesnt seem a a great option tonight.

We don't half miss the pace of Hayes at both ends of the park. Taking him and McGinn from the team is hurting us big time and not just from attacking point of view, they provided so much cover to our full backs which just isn't there anymore and needs to be sorted quick.

Centre of the park is a mess also, McLean is better further forward than deep and it showed once again today, need Tansey or Ball in beside SHinnie to beef up the midfield and give Christie a free role in the middle as our second attacker to support May. On the wing I would keep Wright and give GMS a run of games, he looked pretty good when he came on today and I hope I never see Stewart on the wing again, the guy has ability, but neither the workrate or pace for the wing, he needs to play in the centre, probably just off the Striker, the role I see CHristie playing.

We should have won that today and after getting an early goal and believing we were going to go on and score a few, we let Killie back in to it with some horrendous play and lucky Killie didn't score before they actually did.

The best bit of defending on show today was a first half tackle in our box by Stevie May, to stop KIllie equalising.

On a positive note May is a far better all round player than I thought he was and will be a real asset once fully up to speed. I was also impressed with Shinnie driving he team forward for the winner at the end.

Fucking difficult losing points to a team managed by the horrible hun cunt McCulloch, but tactically he was better than deek today, which I found worrying.  He needs to get this team playing for each other and instill work rate into them, something which seems lacking.

I'm still sure we will click soon though....

Another WTF formation. Maynard is awful. Offers absolutely nothing. Stewart was anonymous today. Wright had another poor game. Could be teams have worked out he will always cut inside. Thought McLean and Arnason played well today and May's workrate was phenomenal. Even made tackles in his own box. Really need to get this sorted by Thursday or we could find ourselves out the cup.

Very disappointing result but overall we are where I though we would be.

We have no devine right to win every game. Wasn't surprised to drop points against Hearts, but this one was unexpected.

I'm of the opinion that McInnes is totally confused by the embarassment of riches (defence excluded) he has at his disposal. In the past the team has picked itself and he hasn't really had decisions to make. Think he is struggling a little to get the formation correct but feel certain he will at some point. As has been said already, it need to be sooner rather than later though. Difficult couple of games coming up against Motherwell and would be surprised if we won both of in the ninety minutes

Very disappointing result but overall we are where I though we would be.

We have no devine right to win every game. Wasn't surprised to drop points against Hearts, but this one was unexpected.

I'm of the opinion that McInnes is totally confused by the embarassment of riches (defence excluded) he has at his disposal. In the past the team has picked itself and he hasn't really had decisions to make. Think he is struggling a little to get the formation correct but feel certain he will at some point. As has been said already, it need to be sooner rather than later though. Difficult couple of games coming up against Motherwell and would be surprised if we won both of in the ninety minutes

Don't agree with you. DM did the same last year and we didn't settle down with a consistent line up until about the end of November. I've said this before, with European games in July we don't get a preseason to experiment, it's all Euro game prep. So, you see DM pick certain games to experiment. He won't know his best line up until he's explored all options. Frustrating as fuck to watch but that's my take on it.

I think we also factor in that when we stuck with the same line up all season for the most part we ran out of gas by mid March and the league season fizzled out. Last year with all the early chopping and changing players we fresher and we finished the season much stronger.

Another game when we have looked comfortable for 25/30mns & then strangely fall out the game & give the iniative to opposing team, killie were well worth their point yesterday.

Watching subs at h.t, said to my mates that i thought that was the strongest bench i'd ever seen, Tansey,Rooney,Reynolds,Christie,G.M.S, couple of years back they would have all been first picks.  Problem is i dont think D.M knows his strongest starting X1 yet, sooner or later he is going to have to decide & stick to it, barring injury or suspension.

We seemed to improve yesterday when we took on Christie & G.M.S, would like to see either Tansey or Ball alongside Shinnie in midfield,  i was really surprised Ball was dropped yesterday as i thought he was one of our better performers at Murrayfield.

Still to see us do well for 90mns this season.

Pretty decent crowd again , but could still be improved, hopefully new stadium with better facilities & atmosphere will help.

Very strong squad here at the moment, but just feel , too much chopping & changing isn't helping.

Tough double header coming up Thu &Sun. C.o.y.r :thumbsup:

Tansey was an injury concern before the game. I can only think that we didn't want to risk him. But if that was the case he shouldn't be on the bench surely.

Shite result. Shite performance. More embarrassing pish from our fans. I wish all you overly-angry moaning cunts would stay at home. Whinging and screaming yourself hoarse at Kenny McLean isn't helping anything.. except maybe you into an early grave. Fingers crossed. Cunts.