Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

County - Dons - Sat

Good turn around. Shay loves a goal against them, think that's 6 of his 12 goals are against county  :o

How did May play? Very surprised he started, but the bench was a very strong one, which isn't something we could really say last season. Great to see. Three points, huns and ryhun jack lost. Not a bad day all in all!

Aye, nothing spectacular but a win at Dingwall following a win at Hamilton cannae be bad.

They've hardly been happy hunting grounds for the Dons.

Aye, nae the best of records at either of those grounds, so have to be pleased with last 2 victories, might take a while for team to gel but so far so good.

ANother good win for us today after a horror start. I am happy for us to grind out results whilst the new players get up to speed with how we play and try and bring their own skills into the team. COntrast that with the shyte being spouted about Hibs, first season back in the top league and already certain of a top 6 finish and potential to challenge near the top, and here was me thinking the league ran until next May.

I do worry about us at the back though, not convinced we have a great central pairing, be good to see if we could try and sign someone better before the window shuts, but have a feeling our business is done.

Aye, nae the best of records at either of those grounds, so have to be pleased with last 2 victories, might take a while for team to gel but so far so good.

I think that's the key, the team needs to gel and we can't expect perfect free flowing football. Both accies and county away are banana skin games and places we've dropped points recently, good wins and over time performances will improve!

Looks like 2-1 was a relatively fair reflection of the game, although that o'Brian guy has some shot on him. Second one in particular he was very unlucky with (thank goodness). Agree about the centre half pairing, it seems weak and I'd say most of them efforts /goal came from someone at the back not doing their job properly. Consi was very lucky towards the end that O'Connor was lively and did enough to put his opponent off.

May seemed to have a lot of nice touches and linked up with the players really well, so that's really promising, especially only after a few days training!

Great to see some options coming off the bench too. I know I said it earlier in the thread but for the first time I can remember we have serious depth on the bench.

ANother good win for us today after a horror start. I am happy for us to grind out results whilst the new players get up to speed with how we play and try and bring their own skills into the team. COntrast that with the shyte being spouted about Hibs, first season back in the top league and already certain of a top 6 finish and potential to challenge near the top, and here was me thinking the league ran until next May.

I do worry about us at the back though, not convinced we have a great central pairing, be good to see if we could try and sign someone better before the window shuts, but have a feeling our business is done.

Off the ball read out an email from a hibs fan which went on about how great they were and finished by claiming their biggest problem at the moment was Easter Road not being big enough, the evidence seemingly being their 17,634 opening day crowd against Thistle (about 2800 empty seats)

Cosgrove & co then prolonged this and even added fuel to it but all parties handily forgot the 8,135 home crowd from the midweek cup game (about 12300 empty seats).

I'd like to think the fan had their tongue firmly in their cheek but I suspect not