Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Stranraer

Back in action this Saturday, feels like an absolute age since the Hearts game.  Hopefully the game in Dubai got them going again and we don't lose anyone in the mean time.

Stranraer have just parted company with their manager.

We really should be putting them to bed as they are bottom of League 1 but cup ties are never straight forward.  Would happily see the same line up as the league, although I do wonder if he'll give Alexander a shot in goal.

Would rather start with the strongest available team and get them beat quickly.

Not sure McInnes has ever went with the backup keeper for cup games has he?

Ideal game to get guys like Wright a run out once we're a couple of goals ahead.

You are right, just wondered if he would try something like this given that Alexander hasn't had to play any games yet.  Not that i'm complaining because Lewis is a beast in goals. 

As Al says only thing that matters about this game is winning and progressing to the next round. Would be nice to have a good performance to go with it but not essential. As long as everyone is fit then it should be the same starting 11 as Hearts game. No point in changing a winning team.

Oot - wife is working so I have daughter for the day

Daughters dance class

Edinburgh City v Forfar

Flat

3-0 McGinn Rooney and McLean.

Ideal game to get guys like Wright a run out once we're a couple of goals ahead.

Aye, but it winna happen. Wright should start this game and Frank Ross, if he's not on loan.

McInnes won't stray cat from his 1st eleven, never give the youngsters a chance. No point in putting them on in 89th minute either.

In, even though I was sure it was next Saturday!

I think it will be a stroll for us tomorrow, as one of their players said they have more important things to worry about given their perilous league position and the cup is just a distraction they could do without.

5-1 the dons

So potential opponents in 3 weeks time

Sevco

East Fife

Dunfermline Ath

Ayr Utd or Queens Park

Hibs

St Mirren

Caley Thistle

Hamilton

Morton

St Johnstone

Partick

Ross County

Stirling Albion or Clyde

Raith or Jambos

Albion or Tic

Away trip to Albion (at Clifton Hill. None of this 'move for security' bullshit) would be my choice

But failing that East Fife, Stirling or Clyde away for the novelty.

A good game for us, although more a training game than a real test, but we had to win and 4-0 it was and in truth we should have had double figures such was our dominance. Their keeper had a decent game, even though he looked partial to a pie, he made some cracking saves throughout the game and kept the scoreline down for them.

I thought we would have started with one or two fringe players, but it was a full strength line up today and good to see the two young lads get some game time in the second half, I hope this is the sign of things to come, I would say both are ready for some decent game time.

Was it just me who was a bit worried the way Jonny left the field this afternoon?

Oh, aye, and it was bloody freezing!

Quite enjoyed that today, despite the baltic weather.

Very comfortable win, Stranraer tired badly in 2nd half & really if it wasnt for their keeper playing out his skin & some poor finishing, we could have had 7 or 8 goals.

No bad performances, although Rooney looks so out of touch.

Thought my top dons were Shinnie & McGinn. Great to see Wright & Ross get a run out, we really need to see more of Scott Wright in particular.

Worryingly Hayes leaving the field seemed a bit like a farewell leaving, hope i am wrong.

Good professional  performance though.