Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Return leg not on TV?

FURY AS BBC SNUB DONS' UEFA CUP TIE IN GERMANY

12:00 - 15 February 2008

Aberdeen fans may not see live coverage of their game in Munich because the BBC have chosen to show Rangers instead.

Dons managing director Duncan Fraser confirmed the BBC have already told them they have no plans to screen next week's UEFA Cuptie second leg from the Allianz Arena.

They are screening the Panathinaikos v Rangers match live from Athens, which kicks-off at 5pm. The Dons' match in Germany starts at 5.45pm, UK time.

Fraser planned to approach Setanta and Sky Sports today in the hope of persuading one of them to show the game live.

Fraser said: "We will be disappointed if the game isn't shown live.

"There was a suggestion the BBC could showpart of it, once the Rangers one had ended.

"But that won't be enough for the thousands of Dons fans in Scotland who will be eager to see all of the action.

"I will be speaking to Setanta and the other TV companies to ask if they will show our game instead."

The Dons directors will even consider paying part of the costs to make sure their fans can enjoy the game.

"Every possibility will be explored," said Fraser.

"We don't stand to make any extra money, any revenue from a live screening would go straight to Bayern."

The BBC were today unavailable for comment.

Steady on, they've shown all our games, but the sad truth is that they'll get a bigger audience for the huns game.

My reaction is far from based upon just this game. Yes they have covered our games thus far, and well I might add. It's just as soon as those cunts appear on their radar they drop us like a hot potato. Ergo BBC Scotland = Cunts.

I just got a reply from the beeb after having a whinge at them..

'We have featured Aberdeen six times over the course of the tournament

live on tv and only four Rangers games so far and we will be offering

live radio and online commentary on next week's Aberdeen match. In

terms of television coverage these decisions are always difficult and

affected by a number of factors and while football is very popular with

the viewing audience in Scotland we also have to think of the wider

audience, which would not respond favourably to football on both

channels given there is a significant overlap in the match times.'

Promptly replied reminding them that in this day and age the red button service is there to give viewers the choice.

C'mon beeb you know it makes sense. Think afc are approaching Sky and Setanta to see if they are going to pick up the tie.

I just got a reply from the beeb after having a whinge at them..

'We have featured Aberdeen six times over the course of the tournament

live on tv and only four Rangers games so far

The Huns have only had one game in the tournament. BBC = Cunts.

Yes and if the situation was reversed, they would give a fuck about parity in games coverage!

Steady on, they've shown all our games, but the sad truth is that they'll get a bigger audience for the huns game.

I dont think so-Bayern are the man yoo of Germany.  They will attract larger interest than the scum.  Oh and by the way, Can someone remind me why we actually pay TV liscence?  Unfortunately for the beeb, not everyone is a fan of eastenders and would like to see something else . There is no justification to NOT have football on 2 channels, plus the red button service. I agree. bbc=cunts