Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

AFC Vs Saints

Well that was shyte. I'm not sure what the formation was meant to be, but the players looked a bit lost. Deek certainly likes to confuse with his tactical genius  :eek:  I wish to fuck someone would throw the tombola in the north sea and stop our suffering. He is determined to put square pegs into round holes

The first half was a lot of huffing a puffing. Consi had a good chance with a header from a Maddison corner, but the ball had so much pace on it he never had time to anything other than miss the target. Pawlett then come very close with a good drive, I actually thought he played well in the first half and was surprised he was hooked at half time, I can only assume he took a knock from when he went down injured early doors from a challenge by Davidson.

Second half and we see stockly and Logan introduced so the tombola must have came into play again, but we seemed to plod along in the second half and when St Johnstone took on the boy Alston I knew they were going to have a go at us and they certainly did. They had a few chances they probably should have done better with and smacked the post near the end from a free kick.

I wasn't very impressed with us today, we looked ponderous in possession and too many bad decsions made from our players, especially Hayes. Rooney and also Stockley in the 2nd half, both had to come back to try and get a sniff of the ball, which basically sums up our day. Rooney is of no use at that end of the park.

St Johnstone are a tough nut for us to crack. OK some of their challenges were rough, but nothing which we shouldn't be doing, but we have too many fairies in our team. I would say we are a better team than them no question, but the are more savvy as a team and play with better tactics than we do.

Yet again I put the blame on our manager. I was hoping to get nine points from these three home games, now we really need to beat Murderwell on Tuesday to keep up any hopes of finishing second.

If the ZOmbies finish second in their first season in the top flight, we may as well all give up as the games a goner.

For me Considine was MOTM, with O'Connor a close second and I hope he will be OK for Tuesday as he looked like he was carrying a knock after a couple of bad challenges against him.

Hayes is blowing more cold than hot these days. Maddison was never going to be allowed to do anything too constructive today and even when he does he is too greedy and loses possession. Jack is so negative and barely ever passes the ball forward and certainly nothing penetrating. Any of these players should have been off before McGinn or Pawlett today.

McInnes says he had too many attacking players on at the start but for me our defence looked more shaky and vulnerable in the second half. Jack into midfield and a carthorse like Stockley contributed towards that. We lost that midfield battle and gave away possession way too cheaply and in the end were lucky to only lose two points.

Well it was as bad as the opening game of the season. We have no idea how to break them down. Horrible feeling we are going to finish behind the Tribute Act as well now.

Shite game aye.

Fucked off aye

Guaranteed to finish behind the tribute act - No

Keep the faith min

OK going to bite....assume those teams are The Victims, Tribute Act, Farts and St Johnstone.

This is a classic Ebbe statistics case

Put aside The Victims and we have taken six points out of fifteen. Against us the others have taken the following

Tribute act - three out of six

Farts - one out of three

St Johnstone - two out of six

See fit i mean min.

Cannae say it is exactly brilliant but depends on the spin you want to put on things.

Here's my take on it.

Clancy as a ref, completely out his depth, hate playing this shower of hammer throwers whose only mission is to stop you playing at any cost.

Ryan Jack was totally abysmal (better team without him), Shinnie has regressed alarmingly, Mcginn totally anonymous & Hayes has been murder for weeks.

The positives, Considine my m.o.t.m again closely followed by O'Connor & Lewis assured again.

Poor game due to our top players being out of sorts, Saints spoiling tactics & shocking, weak refereeing.

Just an observation that we struggle against the teams we are closest to in the league. Taking the dhims out of it still leaves 6 from 15 with fartz still to play away to complete the set of fixtures. In my opinion we need better if we are to challenge for second by the end of the season especially as the zombies will spend money they don't have in the next window.

That was truly an awful performance, I actually left the game on Saturday angrier than I did at the League Cup Final!

We could barely string a pass together, so many players were sloppy in possession and we created next to nothing in terms of chances. The gaping hole in the centre of midfield reared its head once again. I think St Johnstone were actually unlucky not to sneak the win.

Jack was away in cloud cuckoo, every time he got the ball he had no idea what to do with it.  Pawlett, fans were talking him up as some sort of savior after the Killie game, to put it lightly, he was woeful. Couldn't complete a pass longer than 2yrds in front of him and everytime he tried to run with the ball he lost possession. 

McGinn was non existent. Hayes was quiet, didnt even seem to want to try and take players on. Rooney and Stockley are offering absolutely nothing upfront, Miles Storey must be really scratching his head on the bench wondering why he cant get a game. McLean showed once again that he is not a central midfield player, goes straying out of position and gets bullied about too easily.  Shinnie I think started at left back but again was drifting about leaving Considine to come out on cover for him. 

Maddison looked like our only way of creating a chance but his final ball was either not finding the mark or he was just taking that one touch too many and losing possession. Considine, O'Connor and Lewis are the only players I would say put a shift in.

Fans saying 'oh St Johnstones tactics ruined the game' rubbish. All St Johnstones tactics did was work for them. They had a game plan, the played to it and were actually unlucky not to win the match. Whatever gameplan or tactics we set out with just clearly did not work.

Awful awful awful performance.

Jesus min, that first line of your post is one hell of a damning indictment of how fucking grim that really must have been to be at Saturday's game.

Thank fuck the stream I was using kept cutting out and haven't watched highlights (if indeed there are any ).

That was truly an awful performance, I actually left the game on Saturday angrier than I did at the League Cup Final!

We could barely string a pass together, so many players were sloppy in possession and we created next to nothing in terms of chances. The gaping hole in the centre of midfield reared its head once again. I think St Johnstone were actually unlucky not to sneak the win.

Jack was away in cloud cuckoo, every time he got the ball he had no idea what to do with it.  Pawlett, fans were talking him up as some sort of savior after the Killie game, to put it lightly, he was woeful. Couldn't complete a pass longer than 2yrds in front of him and everytime he tried to run with the ball he lost possession. 

McGinn was non existent. Hayes was quiet, didnt even seem to want to try and take players on. Rooney and Stockley are offering absolutely nothing upfront, Miles Storey must be really scratching his head on the bench wondering why he cant get a game. McLean showed once again that he is not a central midfield player, goes straying out of position and gets bullied about too easily.  Shinnie I think started at left back but again was drifting about leaving Considine to come out on cover for him. 

Maddison looked like our only way of creating a chance but his final ball was either not finding the mark or he was just taking that one touch too many and losing possession. Considine, O'Connor and Lewis are the only players I would say put a shift in.

Fans saying 'oh St Johnstones tactics ruined the game' rubbish. All St Johnstones tactics did was work for them. They had a game plan, the played to it and were actually unlucky not to win the match. Whatever gameplan or tactics we set out with just clearly did not work.

Awful awful awful performance.

Don't disagree with much of that, but you're not the only person I've read who's being much to kind to Maddison, who had an off day as did all our potentially creative players.  Hayes, McGinn, Pawlett and Maddison were all poor for me.  Short passes going astray, electing to pass to team mates who were too tightly marked, electing to dribble at the wrong time, just not getting past their man.  No doubting Maddison's talent, but his decision making is poor and he looks at times like he's playing for himself, not the team.

As for St Johnstone, it's not their tactics that grate, it's their cynicism and the fact that it was indulged by a weak referee.  If a few Saint's players had been booked earlier, as they deserved to be, it might have been a different game.

Jesus min, that first line of your post is one hell of a damning indictment of how fucking grim that really must have been to be at Saturday's game.

Thank fuck the stream I was using kept cutting out and haven't watched highlights (if indeed there are any ).

Maybe I just get too much in to it. I think it was after we had that decent-ish performance against Killie I thought we would roll that into the St Johnstone match but it actually felt like we had taken two steps forward and about 5 steps back.

Don't disagree with much of that, but you're not the only person I've read who's being much to kind to Maddison, who had an off day as did all our potentially creative players.  Hayes, McGinn, Pawlett and Maddison were all poor for me.  Short passes going astray, electing to pass to team mates who were too tightly marked, electing to dribble at the wrong time, just not getting past their man.  No doubting Maddison's talent, but his decision making is poor and he looks at times like he's playing for himself, not the team.

As for St Johnstone, it's not their tactics that grate, it's their cynicism and the fact that it was indulged by a weak referee.  If a few Saint's players had been booked earlier, as they deserved to be, it might have been a different game.

Yeah I didn't mean for it to sound like Maddison had played well, he was just the best of a bad bunch in attack. Like you said, our entire front line seemed to be off the boil.

from what i saw Mclean was having a good game in the first half (As he did last Tuesday), then we made some mad subs and moved Jack into the middle, which completely stifled Mclean. Sub should have been Logan for Jack.

Maddison needs to learn when to pass, constantly beats two or three men then looses it

Pawlett is still pretty shite

for me, Rooney is becoming too slow of thought and body. Shirley that ex ICT boy must be worth a shot sometime, if he's not then get rid

Considine & O'Connor -good, (in fact back 5 with Logan, Shinnie and Lewis are perfectly sound)

I left 20 mins into the second half, i was bored and going by the crowds, im nae the only one, as things stand im nae bothering on Tuesday