Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons announce latest off the field results

There's a housing shortage? Last time I checked there were countless flats and house for sale that aren't shifting. My own flat has been for sale since April without a single viewing despite lowering the price twice and it being in good order.

And didn't the last attempt to auction Pittodrie fail because no one bid?

There may be a downturn at the moment but that wont last forever.

Even if it doesnt return to the craziness of before where 30 square metres cost £100k to buy that doesnt mean there isnt a housing shortage in the city and surrounding areas, ask one of the 22000 on the housing lists for Aberdeen and the shire. Ask those paying £1800-2000 a month in rent for a 3 bed house because they cant get on the housing ladder due to the over inflated prices some were willing to pay and the shortage keeping those prices up. Thats 3 times the amount someone in Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, almost everywhere else in the country pays.

Because it has planning permission at worst one of the big 4 will pick it up and sit on it until its worth building because demand is back or its worth 30% more than what they paid for it or both.

The main issue last time was the deferred date the new owner would be able to get the land and the uncertainty due to the new stadium not being passed.

There's a housing shortage? Last time I checked there were countless flats and house for sale that aren't shifting. My own flat has been for sale since April without a single viewing despite lowering the price twice and it being in good order.

And didn't the last attempt to auction Pittodrie fail because no one bid?

You picked a small part of one sentence in an otherwise excellent post from a new poster. You raising a dispute about housing stock value in the current climate actually strengthens his observation and conclusion that there is inevitably going to be a shortfall. Whether an extra £3, 4 or 5m doesn't really matter. His post was the best on this thread for explaining the reality of this situation, something not everyone would understand.

Everything goes at the right price. Your flat and Pittodrie are asking too much.

Ask those paying £1800-2000 a month in rent for a 3 bed house because they cant get on the housing ladder due to the over inflated prices some were willing to pay and the shortage keeping those prices up. Thats 3 times the amount someone in Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham, almost everywhere else in the country pays.

They should try and get a better deal. You'll get a nice 4 bed with a big garden in somewhere like Danestone for half that.

For example: https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/347626/14-Laurel-View/Aberdeen

They should try and get a better deal. You'll get a nice 4 bed with a big garden in somewhere like Danestone for half that.

For example: https://www.aspc.co.uk/search/property/347626/14-Laurel-View/Aberdeen

Not to play devil's advocate, but that one is already under offer and therefore not available.  Possibly because of the housing shortage ;)

I know that house well, its on my street.

There's reasons he wants £500 a month less than comparable houses in the area.

What any of this pedantic shite has to do with my points though is beyond me.

Beginning to think I joined afc-chat.