Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Partick Thistle vs the Dons

Lol just seen Del's interview when the female asks him about the penalty claim against Stockley. Laughing at McInnes who can clearly be heard walking away off camera say "what a stupid question"

:rofl:  Just seen that - i think you're being a touch generous interpreting the final word as "question"

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the shirts worn by the players tonight will be auctioned off?

I know lots of clubs in England do it in order to raise funds for the poppy appeal.

Cheers.

no eye deer min.

They are auctioning stuff for the cup final display on that twitface thing.

Was very pleased with last nights match, really entertaining.

I though O'Connor was a stick on for MOTM even without the goal. Stockley was aright but as Sutton pointed out i thought there were a couple of times he could have been more alert in the box.

To me Rooney seems to be struggling just now, just not managing to get himself involved at all.

Thought Shinzaa was quality at left back and seeing both him and Shay in the box sniffing about for a goal late in the match was superb.

Big Considong also contributed well with some quality tackles.

Wasn't so impressed with Jack, he is always available but some of his play was shockingly slow and his passes were trundling towards their targets. Defo needs to sharpen up.

Big Joe in goals.... :thumbsup:

I thought Considine was man of the match. Thought he was outstanding last night. Probably because I was looking out for him in that new position and Shinnie at left back. Definitely more balance to it like that.

Absolutely,  I had great fear when Reynolds came on. Causes panic. If consi and o'connor can develop a partnership then happy days. Shinnie needs to be at left back. Personally thought o'connor was motm but consi and Shinnie not far behind.

I thought Considine was man of the match. Thought he was outstanding last night. Probably because I was looking out for him in that new position and Shinnie at left back. Definitely more balance to it like that.

Agreed.

Said it before but Considine is the best c/b at the club, done ok at l.b, but he is a c.b all day long.

If you leave Considine in the same position long enough he grows into it,eg when he played left back before Shinnie arrived,he had the usual suspects on his back early on,but we were beginning to question if we needed a left back at the end of his stint.

Stop dicking him about and he'll work out how to play his role over time(IMO)

If you leave Considine in the same position long enough he grows into it,eg when he played left back before Shinnie arrived,he had the usual suspects on his back early on,but we were beginning to question if we needed a left back at the end of his stint.

Stop dicking him about and he'll work out how to play his role over time(IMO)

Im really surprised & saddened really to hear some of the comments from as you say the "usual suspects", Considine has been a great servant to this club & i.m.h.o should have been capped by now.

Considine was solid but I also thought Kenny had a good game. Was always trying to go forward which is something Jack wasn't doing.

The goal was a peach. I didn't actually celebrate it much as was in shock that he had tried it.

I thought Maclean had good game yesterday, particularly in the first half though he did fade in the second a bit.  I've said it many times before but I think CM is his best position and I hope he stays there. 

Overall that was a really satisfying and much needed 3 points against a very stubborn and organised thistle side.  It was interesting to see DM be a bit more cavalier in his approach by going 442 and long may that continue.  Rooney did look a bit lost on friday but i did wonder if it was because Maddison was given the wide left birth but was constantly trying to come inside meaning the AR had to go wide left to cover. I would be very interested to see how we would do with hayes on the left and mcginn on the right.  Having such natural wide players being supported by shinnie and logan would make us almost unplayable on the flanks and with the kind of service Rooney and Stockley would be getting opposition penalty boxes would become shooting galleries. 

The problem playing that line up though is, of course, the dropping of Maddison.  You could play him as one of the strikers but that's not always such an easy switch to make. 

Agreed.

Said it before but Considine is the best c/b at the club, done ok at l.b, but he is a c.b all day long.

I have longed for Consi at cb and was delighted on Friday that it happened and that he had an extremely good game, but he is not the best cb at the club. O'Connor is and by an absolute mile as well.

I thought Maclean had good game yesterday, particularly in the first half though he did fade in the second a bit.  I've said it many times before but I think CM is his best position and I hope he stays there. 

I thought some of McLean's play was improved on Friday, but their goal shows him up for what he is; a pea hearted fanny.  I used to stick up for McLean but I have well and truly had it with him now. He's a massive shitebag and i don't see how McInnes can carry on with picking him every week. A midfield of Jack, Maddison and McLean is too weak, we need a stronger player in there to provide a spine - McLean is the one who has to drop out, get Storie in.

I have longed for Consi at cb and was delighted on Friday that it happened and that he had an extremely good game, but he is not the best cb at the club. O'Connor is and by an absolute mile as well.

I thought some of McLean's play was improved on Friday, but their goal shows him up for what he is; a pea hearted fanny.  I used to stick up for McLean but I have well and truly had it with him now. He's a massive shitebag and i don't see how McInnes can carry on with picking him every week. A midfield of Jack, Maddison and McLean is too weak, we need a stronger player in there to provide a spine - McLean is the one who has to drop out, get Storie in.

Seen the replay a few times and seriously, WTF?  Is a complete pussy?  I thought so at the time but they should not have scored from that.  Even jags fans laughed at his "attempt".

Storie, also, seriously, WTF?  What has he done (or not done) to warrant never getting any game time whatsoever?  Given the amount of positive press he got from McInnes over the summer I have been left bewildered by his lack of playing time.  Presumably he's not performing in training ???