Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ventspils - Dons - 4pm

I'll get slated for this but I do to an extent value Considine, Reynolds, and Taylor. All can do a job if they are beside a main central defender e.g. Russel Anderson. Considine also gives cover at left back and Taylor is certainly advantageous at free kicks and corners. I think all three need the experienced cool head along side to hold their hand. Blatantly obvious, and I suppose we're screaming out for a signing because we've been playing longer than everyone with 4 competitive games already but the window is still open for 5-6 weeks.

I also hate to suggest going back to old loan players but any chance of Michael Hector on loan again? Doing f all at chelsea I'd assume. Not quite the old head but he went on loan to Reading last year, why not here this year?

We have to punt one of the aforementioned three, I'd suggest Reynolds. Also, Shinnie is the best left back in Scotland, play him there. Sign the midfield general we also desperately need.

I'll get slated for this but I do to an extent value Considine, Reynolds, and Taylor. All can do a job if they are beside a main central defender e.g. Russel Anderson. Considine also gives cover at left back and Taylor is certainly advantageous at free kicks and corners. I think all three need the experienced cool head along side to hold their hand. Blatantly obvious, and I suppose we're screaming out for a signing because we've been playing longer than everyone with 4 competitive games already but the window is still open for 5-6 weeks.

I also hate to suggest going back to old loan players but any chance of Michael Hector on loan again? Doing f all at chelsea I'd assume. Not quite the old head but he went on loan to Reading last year, why not here this year?

We have to punt one of the aforementioned three, I'd suggest Reynolds. Also, Shinnie is the best left back in Scotland, play him there. Sign the midfield general we also desperately need.

I'd agree with that, although we've no hope of getting Hector. I think Deek might risk just taking in a centre mid and hoping we shore up the defence a bit with that extra protection in front. Perhaps one more loanee to come in though toward the end of the windae, and hopefully a centre half. We need one player before Wednesday's deadline I'd reckon though as we've a difficult tie ahead. I'm hoping it's Aucho, cause he's clearly cool as fuck.

Absolutely agree with the bits in bold.  Would love to get Hector come back but as Rico said, I think that ship has long sailed unfortunately.  I also don't think he'd be the answer.  As you say, we need an experienced head and as highly as I rate Hector, he's still relatively young and would need another one alongside him.  I think Taylor's only attribute is his height, don't think he does anything else but cause panic.  We've seen Reynolds could do it, but whether he could do it again, i'm really not sure.  I'd disagree about who to punt though, I'd punt Taylor and Reynolds.