Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Don's V Saint's

They are in pish form and played midweek so despite no Hayes you have to fancy a win here especially given some of their defensive injuries.    There's some big question marks about how we will line up and its big match for a few players in particular. 

Will Taylor start or will DM keep faith with him?  Hard one to call this actually but he must surely have been thinking about it.  Options are Considine and McKenna but we know he doesn't like the CB's  having the same dominant foot but does he have enough confidence in McKenna to bench taylor for him?  He has been ruthless before in dropping players but I reckon he might Taylor another chance.  Personally I would be tempted to chuck McKenna in though on the grounds that he is unlikely to be worse than Taylor against ICT or an out of position Considine. 

The noises have been that at least one or both of Flood and Jack  (BTW did anyone ask jack about his injury the other night Tyrant?)  will be back for this game so will they come back in and alongside whom?  I really don't think Storie should be dropped as has looked like the midfielder we have been lacking quite a few times already.  I have to admit the prospect of Jack and Storie in the centre piques the curiosity a little though. 

In

golf club

Main

Bus to Schneck

I really want to see a reaction after the last game and we may just get it.  It would be nice to give them a bit of a doing after their last visit but it will probably be 2 - 0 Maclean (he's due a goal) and Rooney.

McInnes will not drop Taylor. He has had numerous fuck ups in the past and McInnes has stuck with him so cannot see that changing. Would expect Flood and Jack both to be back if fit with Storie and Church dropping out. Will be a bit harsh on Storie if he does drop out as he has done well. Would expect Pawlett to come in for Hayes. St J are on a shite run but still managed to give us a scare at the start of the month even if that was partly our own doing. Can see it being another close game.

In

Ridiculously early train then pub once they open

Y

Out in town

2-1 Dons McGinn and McLean.

Taylor should be out, but won't be.

I'd keep Storie in, and would probably play Flood too. The game at McDermid a few weeks ago was a bit scrappy in the middle of a pitch which is about as bad as ours and we really didn't get to grips with that area until Storie came on. Storie and Flood in there should mean we pick up the loose balls and get our foot in when required.

Saw Steven McLean didn't play for them v Thistle - is he injured or was he suspended?  Would be good if he was out, Reynolds doesn't do well against him.

Thinking about it, McInnes will take him back in midfield, move Shinnie to right back and bring in Considine at left back. Think I would play Jack at right back personally, might give him a psychological kick up the airse to show that he has to take one for the team, as well as avoid fucking about with the personnel too much.

Thinking about it, McInnes will take him back in midfield, move Shinnie to right back and bring in Considine at left back. Think I would play Jack at right back personally, might give him a psychological kick up the airse to show that he has to take one for the team, as well as avoid fucking about with the personnel too much.

Agreed on all counts.  I hadn't realised Logan was suspended in my OP and Jack is easily the best option for the RB position IMO.

I would go

Brown

Jack Taylor Considine Shinnie 

Storie Maclean

Mcginn  Smith  Pawlett

Rooney

What I think we will actually get is

Brown

Shinnie taylor reynolds considine

Jack Storie

mcginn  maclean  Rooney

Church

Wonder if yon Rotherham goalie will ever make an appearance?

As a club we have a major goalkeeping crisis ahead of us in the summer

Brown out of contract

Rogers out of contract

Collin loan period ends

Aussie keeper out of contract

Presume there is a plan to cover this scenario  :dunno:

As a club we have a major goalkeeping crisis ahead of us in the summer

Brown out of contract

Rogers out of contract

Collin loan period ends

Aussie keeper out of contract

Presume there is a plan to cover this scenario  :dunno:

Is it a crisis? Or an opportunity to clear the decks and rid ourselves of average at very best goalkeepers?

I agree though, I hope there's a plan in place!

Al, it's not a "crisis" for this reason. We've never had a good keeper this century.

It's been so long since we have a competent technician between the sticks, the reasons for this would be interesting.

On this occasion, I'll give AFC some slack although the continued employment of Langfield was unforgivable.

The standard of goalkeeping this century v. last is considerably worse, not just in Scotland.

Some might point to education, declining standards and the known correlation between intellect and reaction times.

Some might point to the ruling classes, the neocon governments for their deliberate sabotaging of education.

Some might point to the food chain, the rise in obesity, the alarming decline in testosterone, the increased frequencies of cancers etc. now being related to chemical ingestion by farm stock as our breeding a lesser species of human being. This of course is also a direct consequence of government engineering.

For me though, slipping standards of goalkeeping is just directly proportional to the reducing quality of people generally.

Therefore the solution is simple. Change the political climate, end the institutionalised corruption, execute the Blairs and Camerons et al and give all the power to me. If you want another Bobby Clark or Jim Leighton, you have to vote for me for world president.

Excluding Morocco. I don't want to rule those Arab cunts. And fuck the Belgian chocolates. Boring bastards.

Kjaer was a good keeper. That's true. Not nearly in the same class as the two I mentioned.

Doubt he ever won fuck all in his career? I'm wanting winners.

This is a great Question Time isn't it? Julia is being superb. Truss is sick and Abbott is thick.

Vote Leave people. I've got no chance if Brexit doesn't happen. You want a good keeper, don't you?

There has to be a plan in place. Surely. Certainly from McInnes' interview earlier in the week I am expecting Rogers to be in contention for no.1 next season so would expect him to get a new deal. Seemed to talk very highly of him and very pleased that Falkirk are giving him so much game time.

Personally, I'd like a more experienced keeper coming in because it doesn't sound like he's the final product, but who knows it may be just what he needs. Oh to have a keeper like Kjaer available, and yes, Rocket, he won the Danish superliga and cup I believe!

Anyway, can see Tlg's second squad most likely which would be a shame. Rooney is wasted on the left.  Is Considine fit enough yet?  Oh to see Taylor dropped.

Al, it's not a "crisis" for this reason. We've never had a good keeper this century.

It's been so long since we have a competent technician between the sticks, the reasons for this would be interesting.

On this occasion, I'll give AFC some slack although the continued employment of Langfield was unforgivable.

The standard of goalkeeping this century v. last is considerably worse, not just in Scotland.

Some might point to education, declining standards and the known correlation between intellect and reaction times.

Some might point to the ruling classes, the neocon governments for their deliberate sabotaging of education.

Some might point to the food chain, the rise in obesity, the alarming decline in testosterone, the increased frequencies of cancers etc. now being related to chemical ingestion by farm stock as our breeding a lesser species of human being. This of course is also a direct consequence of government engineering.

For me though, slipping standards of goalkeeping is just directly proportional to the reducing quality of people generally.

Therefore the solution is simple. Change the political climate, end the institutionalised corruption, execute the Blairs and Camerons et al and give all the power to me. If you want another Bobby Clark or Jim Leighton, you have to vote for me for world president.

Excluding Morocco. I don't want to rule those Arab cunts. And fuck the Belgian chocolates. Boring bastards.

From what I hear here Clark would probably still be fit enough to play!