Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Farts - Sat - 12:30

Big, big, big test on Saturday. Last Saturday was great as much as the level of performance was unexpected. There is no way they'll be as open as they were the last time we played them at the cowshed but I really hope that the team will prove that they have turned the corner. The biggest question remains about team selection.  Again, do you go for the winning team or go for a more cautious approach?

I'd stick with the line-up we had, maybe swap Taylor for Quinn. Has there been any update on the McGinn situation?

Big, big, big test on Saturday. Last Saturday was great as much as the level of performance was unexpected. There is no way they'll be as open as they were the last time we played them at the cowshed but I really hope that the team will prove that they have turned the corner. The biggest question remains about team selection.  Again, do you go for the winning team or go for a more cautious approach?

I'd stick with the line-up we had, maybe swap Taylor for Quinn. Has there been any update on the McGinn situation?

I would say that we should stick with the winning team from last week as long as everyone is fit. We will need the same level of performance and effort as last weekend if we are to get anything from the game as Hearts will play a lot better than Dundee did. Crowd will need to be patient as Hearts will sit in and play for the draw and it may take us time to break them down.

In/Oot: Oot

Prematch:Flat

Match: Watching on TV

Post match: Spartans v Selkirk in Lowland league

1-0 Dons Rooney

I don't think Hearts will sit in at all.

Any time I've watched Hearts this season they've tried to roll over the opposition early. Robbie Neilson clearly makes a big deal about getting the first goal. I've yet to see them start cautious and trying to figure out their opponents.

At home to Dundee and Ross County they dominated, but didn't really work the opposition goalkeeper that much. They got away with it against Hamilton, but Dundee punished them and got a draw.

Against Aberdeen they were the same. Tried to dominate but were picked off.

They have this weird knack of thinking they're better than they actually are and trying to take in defenders or pass it around them, rather than do the easy thing of taking a shot when they've space at the edge of the box. So many times against Aberdeen I felt they let opportunities slip because they wanted to play it wide then play a cross into the box, and each time we did we dealt with the threat.

I think Neilson will look at our recent sticky patch and our defending over the past month or so and fancy they can get at Aberdeen and get goals, so for the first time in a very, very long time, an Aberdeen-Hearts game at Pittodrie might be an open one.

And, I think it'll all play into our hands. They've got some dangerous players - Djoum has been excellent and Sam Nicholson really is a terrific player - but we're a far better team on our day than they are and if we recreate the performances of the past 135 minutes, we'll beat them.

I don't think Hearts will sit in at all.

Any time I've watched Hearts this season they've tried to roll over the opposition early. Robbie Neilson clearly makes a big deal about getting the first goal. I've yet to see them start cautious and trying to figure out their opponents.

At home to Dundee and Ross County they dominated, but didn't really work the opposition goalkeeper that much. They got away with it against Hamilton, but Dundee punished them and got a draw.

Against Aberdeen they were the same. Tried to dominate but were picked off.

They have this weird knack of thinking they're better than they actually are and trying to take in defenders or pass it around them, rather than do the easy thing of taking a shot when they've space at the edge of the box. So many times against Aberdeen I felt they let opportunities slip because they wanted to play it wide then play a cross into the box, and each time we did we dealt with the threat.

I think Neilson will look at our recent sticky patch and our defending over the past month or so and fancy they can get at Aberdeen and get goals, so for the first time in a very, very long time, an Aberdeen-Hearts game at Pittodrie might be an open one.

And, I think it'll all play into our hands. They've got some dangerous players - Djoum has been excellent and Sam Nicholson really is a terrific player - but we're a far better team on our day than they are and if we recreate the performances of the past 135 minutes, we'll beat them.

Very much your last sentence, let's hope they pick up where they left off last week!

Out

Flat

Flat

A few beers in the pub (hopefully celebrating)

1-1, Rooney

Decent first half showing, just needing a goal. Hertz are hacking cunts

Aye, shame they took peralta off, was easily getting sent off.

Hayes been star performer so far, but been impressed with Flood and McLean in glimpses too. Hopefully we can push on in the second and get a couple of goals.

Yaaasss, Rooney with a penalty, least we deserved from that game. As it wore on I thought we'd fuck it up, get a player sent off a them nick an underserved goal. Luckily none of that happened  ;D

Here's now to hoping St Johnstone can do us a favour to fuck the dhims up even more  :thumbsup:

Hayes was definitely deserved man of the match. McLean and Flood both played very well too. Logan's last ditch tackle is something I will miss when he goes. If there is a player who'd i don't worry about making a tackle like that it's him.

Yaaasss, Rooney with a penalty, least we deserved from that game. As it wore on I thought we'd fuck it up, get a player sent off a them nick an underserved goal. Luckily none of that happened  ;D

Here's now to hoping St Johnstone can do us a favour to fuck the dhims up even more  :thumbsup:

Hayes was definitely deserved man of the match. McLean and Flood both played very well too. Logan's last ditch tackle is something I will miss when he goes. If there is a player who'd i don't worry about making a tackle like that it's him.

Agree with all of that except the part on McLean. He definitely got better as the game went on but still don't think he's playing anywhere near potential.

Also, can someone explain to me how McGhee never got sent off  ??? Obviously taking into account the referees incompetence here

As the ball was not travelling towards a Dons player or the goal it is not deemed to be a bookable offence. Had to look it up myself as was convinced it should have been but saw the above explanation being given as to why it was not.

Copy of FIFA rule below

Cautionable Offense

A handball should result in a yellow card caution if a player handles the ball for the purpose of deliberately preventing an opponent from getting possession of the ball. The resulting restart to play should be a direct free kick from the spot at which the infringement was committed for the non-offending side. If this occurs inside the penalty area, a penalty should be awarded. - See more at: http://www.livestrong.com/article/123838-fifa-soccer-rules-handball/#sthash.ldnQq7og.dpuf