Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee - Dons - Sat -12:30

So looks like Jack is likely to feature tomorrow after a short injury lay off.  Should he go straight back into the side?  I'd be keen to see how the same team could start tomorrow then bring him off the bench.  I'd like to see Peepaw dropped though.  Done fuck all for the best part of a year (domestically) so there is no benefit to be playing him.  Hopefully we use last week as a spring board and bring the game to Dundee.

Out

flat mates birthday brunch

Flat

Some pubs in town

2-1 Dons, McGinn and Considine

Not keen on changing a winning team so would normally say stick with same team as last week however would like to see Jack replacing Flood in the middle. Hopefully we produce 2nd half performance from last week for 90 minutes this week.

In

Trades

Away end

Family dinner

2-0 Rooney and McGinn.

Not rained that much overnight in Dundee so would be surprised if the game is in any danger.

Good to hear, it's been fair blowing a gale down here overnight.

I know I said I don't want to change a winning side, and I still don't, but reckon we'll line up with this:

Ward

Logan

Quinn

Reynolds

Shinnie

Jack

Flood

McGinn

Mclean

Hayes

Rooney

Hmmm. Taylor is back in the line up, not happy about that.

Ward, logan, consi, Taylor, Reynolds, Shinnie, Flood, McLean, McGinn, Hayes and Rooney.

Quinn isn't in the squad at all it seems, so Taylor had to start. Hopefully being dropped last week has given him a kick up the arse.

Jack on the bench.

With Celtic and Hearts having their games called off and facing midweek fixtures, three points for us would make things interesting at the top.

Update: Quinn has a virus according to the wireless.

Christ, our first clean sheet at dens Park since 2000! Brilliant performance and very enjoyable game watch. Everyone played well, harried Dundee so they couldnt relax and get going. Basically picked up from where they left off against county. Excellent start to Saturday!

Excellent first half performance with McGinn and Hayes being standouts. Faded a bit in the 2nd half but we were still very comfortable. Play like this next week and should easily see off Jambos again.

Agree, typical DM performance, win it in the first half and just manage the game out - good professionalism but it would be nice to see us really cuff some mob. Hearts next week would be a nice one.

Thought those two you mention were superb and Rooney's movement and awareness was top class in the first half. Good to see McLean playing in his best position and the team being rewarded as a result.

Also good to see strong management from DM in not just chucking Jack back in - gives the lads in the first XI belief that they are the right ones to do the job and they certainly did that.

A really enjoyable performance in the first half, i don't think any of us would have any complaints if we flew out the traps like that every week.

As I said earlier I thought flood had a good game, if he could only pass a football well (lovely wee ball in for hayes to get the assist for example) consistently he would be a real asset.  Regardless though he did a very effective job today...... he really is tenacious.

What I liked about today was not only did we continue the form of the second half against county but in a way reminiscent of the hearts game.  There was plenty chat during the first 6 games that we were winning without being particularly spectacular....  like we had never hit top gear.  The celtic game showed true grit and then we went to tynecastle and played the best football I've ever seen us play and we all got a bit carried away. 

The first half today bore the same hallmarks and if we didn't hit top gear we were not far off it.  The second Dundee came back into it and Ward showed his value by being so solid though we managed the game well as has been previously stated.  Even then though we were still breaking well and it was great to see PP looking spritely out wide when he came on.....  It's defo a better position for him IMO.  Frank Ross was an interesting sub, I know little to nothing about him.......  Cammy Smith is probably going to do a Nicky Low isn't he. 

Question for the panel.  When Jack comes back into the midfield should Shinnie move to LB or should Flood be dropped and Considine remain at LB?  I really can't decide if I'm honest.

Lets just hope NM's injury is not serious, what a player he is.