Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons Vs St Johnstone

"I don't think we played well in the first half and we've scored three goals away to the league leaders, which is unbelievable really," said Cummins.

Says it all really.

The first three and the 5th were particularly soft goals to give away.

Seriously questionable defending and, particularly, goalkeeping.

I hope the break has come at a good time for us to get some rest and to get renewed focus because that was simply dreadful.

Still in shock as to what I sat in the stands and watched on Saturday, absolute embarrassing performance.

It honestly looked like 11 players who don't know each other decided to turn up and play a game of professional football. I think we need to get back to basics and stop tinkering with the line up and formation, there is also a couple of non performers that need a boot in the back end in my opinion.

I know a lot of fans are still going on about the fact we are still top, to me after 3 defeats on the bounce, shipping 9 goals with 5 of them being in one home game, being top means nothing.

Hopefully over the next couple of weeks McInnes can get their arses in gear and we can get going again against Ross County.

I'd argue that being top means everything in the grand scheme of things.

Doesnt excuse the result, or the awful performance though.

Here's hoping thats our blip over with and McInnes gets them firing on all cylinders after the break.

I completely agree Reidzer, not at the game myself obviously, but it seems like they have lost confidence completely. The reason, who knows, but they need to sort it out and fast.  Regardless, losing 5 goals at home is unacceptable.  A serious re-grouping is required.

Although, this comment from the EE site seems a bit OTT!

It's a disappointing result, no question about it... but I still think some are overreacting, especially that article.

Yesterday we started with Hayes playing cm. It's all very well having versatile players and utilising them as such but playing an winger in cm when it would be far more effective to play MacLean alongside Jack and Hayes in his natural position makes no sense to me.

Agree with that, didn't make sense to me either..  ??? ??? ???

BARRY Robson today claimed there is no panic at Pittodrie after suffering  a heavy  5-1 loss to St Johnstone.

The Saints shocker was Aberdeen’s third successive defeat.

In a disastrous run of losses,  the Dons crashed out of the League Cup 2-0 to Hibs and surrendered a 100% league run with a 2-1 reverse at Inverness.

Robson admitted he is “annoyed” and “disappointed”  at the manner of the Saints loss, the Reds’ heaviest defeat in Derek McInnes’ time at Pittodrie.

However, he called for perspective and emphasised, despite the defeat, Aberdeen are still top of the Premiership table, with 24 points from a possible 30.

He said: “There is no panic as we are still top of the league and got there playing some of the best football I have seen.

“There is disappointment all round at this loss, but never take away from the fact the boys have been terrific this season.

“Give credit where credit is due as we are still sitting top of the Premiership, albeit we are out of the League Cup.

“However, there is still the Scottish Cup and we have the best points tally we have had at this stage for about 20 years.

“So lets put things into perspective.

“We are in a great position with a strong squad and confidence is high  so we will look at it from a positive angle.”

Can't argue with him, he's a winner and has won previously.  I don't believe that they're not concerned by it but I also hope that it will put the shitters up them and get their act together.

Can't argue with him, he's a winner and has won previously.  I don't believe that they're not concerned by it but I also hope that it will put the shitters up them and get their act together.

Oh so when I said that to you and TC over the weekend I was public enemy no.1 but when Robson says it it's fine?

Talk about double standards  ;)