Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller

Absolute fucking disgrace. The boy is obviously not signing a new contract and instead of staying on the park and trying to get us back in the game, he got himself delibrately sent off last night. There was no need to fly into the tackle for his 2nd booking and he was walking before the ref even blew the whistle. His performance last night was an insult to every Dandy who had travelled down and I for one wouldnt have him anywhere near the jersey again. Wanker!

You could be forgiven for thinking Miller wasn't even playing last night, Dods and Wilkie had him in their hip pockets.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, Miller can go 10 games without scoring (like he now has) and be untouchable in the minds of some.  Why is this?  What has he done to merit his hero status?  I compared his goals/games ratio with that of Steve Lovell since they both signed for Aberdeen and it is like night and day, but hey if JC's main aim is to have a centre-forward who is better at falling over than one who actually scores goals then who are we to argue?

I walked along Gorgie Rd after the game last night with a couple of Utd fans who had a laugh about us taking Duff and Miller off their hands.  Not even the argument "he's scored 8 goals this season" would've washed cos in my own mind I find it hard to defend Miller when he frustrates the life out of me like he does.

Struggling to remember Miller actually having a shot on target in last 4 matches which is simply not good enough for someone who is being paid a large sum of money to be our main striker. Sadly Miller is one of JCs untouchables so he will continue to play despite his lack of goals.

When does his suspension kick in and how long is he suspended for?

Should be an opportunity (on paper anyway) to see somebody else play up front.

Sooner the better. There has been a very obvious tailing off of his effort in recent weeks, somewhat unsurprisingly around the same time he was told he was staying until the end of the season despite a couple of offers for him.

Lovell and Smith.

Lee Miller is a posing, powder-puff fairy.

Dinnae rate him.

Would rather see mackie n maguire or mackie n lovell any day.

Mind you, Lovell is pretty fuckin useless himself...

We're not particularly well off in attack are we?

Shit... or defence! And our midfield is pretty gash an' a'.

We are DOOMED!

:o

Who'd have thought selling Anderson, Clark and Hart would have completely ruined us?!?! I didnae at the time...

To be fair to him he can only bring home the goods if he gets a decent supply which never happens because of Calderwoods stupidness.

Last night though he was awful and thankfully walked early as calderwood had no intentioend of subbing him to try change the game in our favour last night, i must admit though never deserved his first booking but was waaaay too rough in the outher tackle.

He's not a goalscorer though. Never has been, never will be. He's the link between a proper striker and the midfield/defensive punt. And it's a job he was doing very well up until the past few weeks. If he had a decent intelligent partner alongside him for more than a game and a half, we might actually see something productive from our strike force.

Mackie's awful. 50 goals in 10 years is just ridiculously poor for someone who can only be a main goalscorer, as he's certainly no linking up player. Maguire is just plain not ready and is looking more and more like taking the Budgie route with every passing month. Which leaves us with Lovell and Jamie Smith. Both have the required abilities. Both have proven they can do it. Neither has ever had a run of games in the position, due to injury, "tactics" and not being liked by Jimmy, to build up any kind of form though.

Edit: However, Miller has been asking for a red in each of the last 3 games. Whether that's down to frustration (at tactics, teammates, opposition defenders, aimless high balls etc), or what i do not know.

F

What has he done to merit his hero status?  I compared his goals/games ratio with that of Steve Lovell since they both signed for Aberdeen and it is like night and day,

I can't believe that you think that Lee Miller has "hero status" and then compare him to Steve Lovell??!?! Every time Lovell comes off the bench at Pittodrie you here Lovell cheered onto the park, I would in turn ask you, what the fuck Lovell has done to deserve this? He has never looked interested in an Aberdeen jersey, for someone who is supposed to be a pacy forward, I've yet to see it and for someone who is supposed to be a great finisher, I think he's more sitters that anyone at Aberdeen. For those who say he hasn't had a prolonged run in the team to show what he can do I recall people saying the same things about Bagshaw and Stewart. Lovell was a mistake, Miller may prove to be a mistake but there is a saying about absence, the heart and it growing fonder and it seems to be the norm to criticise the guys in the team at the moment conveiniently forget why the guys that are out of the team were dropped in the 1st place.

Ah, but Bagshaw was very young indeed, and Stewart was quite obviously never going to make it. The thing with Lovell is he's done it for Dundee and scored quite a good few SPL goals for them. We know he CAN do it, but he just never seems to get the chance to actually show it. It looks like he's going to be one of those signings that just doesn't work out, which would be a shame, as the ability is definitely there, we just haven't ever used it correctly.

As for him missing more sitters than anyone esle at the club, i'll see you the Lovell sitters, and raise you 10 years of Mackie.  ;)

It looks like he's going to be one of those signings that just doesn't work out, which would be a shame, as the ability is definitely there, we just haven't ever used it correctly.

The thing that annoys me and I mean REALLY grinds my gears is that we sign about 3 times the amount of players that doesn't work out than does.

Dan Smith, McNamara, Daal, J.Smith, Souter........blah, blah, bollocks.

Looking at my Dons calendar on my wall, half of the squad have left and half will never get a game.

Frustrating as fuck!  :hammer:

The thing that annoys me and I mean REALLY grinds my gears is that we sign about 3 times the amount of players that doesn't work out than does.

Dan Smith, McNamara, Daal, J.Smith, Souter........blah, blah, bollocks.

Looking at my Dons calendar on my wall, half of the squad have left and half will never get a game.

Frustrating as fuck!  :hammer:

I'd have Jamie Smith in my starting line-up every time.  One of the only creative players we've got, and certainly one who stands up to be counted in the big games.  Could have so done with him on Tuesday!

Agree with the rest of your list, although McNamara will probably play a few games now.

I can't believe that you think that Lee Miller has "hero status" and then compare him to Steve Lovell??!?!

I can't believe that you can't believe it.

Ho hum:

Well I was thinking more in terms of his entire time at AFC, but I guess if the jersey fits...

Miller has 1 goal in his last 8 games, 8 goals this season froom 29 games, 12 goals from 52 starts (plus 9 as sub) since signing.

Lovell has 3 from his last 5 (only 2 starts?), and as such only 3 from 5 starts this season, 21 goals from 45 starts (plus 31 as sub) since signing.

Call me old fashioned, but a centre forward's job is to score goals.  Lovell is better at this and given the chance, he will do it, and better and more frequently than Lee Miller.  For all Miller's lack of pace and ability to look like he's towing a caravan for 90 minutes, he would be a far more complete player if he could sort out his extremely poor positional awareness.  If he could sort that part of his game out, he'd score much more goals and would probably find that his doubters would warm much more to him.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lee Miller is a cracking footballer, but I think the wool has been pulled over people's eyes when it comes to his goalscoring ability (or lack of) in the SPL.

Judging by the time of your post and your uncharacteristically bad spelling, I'd say wait til you're sober to respond to this one. ;)

His spelling has never been good...maybe the EE beckons after all.

Off the top of my head the worst sitter I've seen Lovell miss was Celtic Park in May, on as a sub, lacking match fitness.

I saw Mackie miss FIVE open goal chances v BUCKIE before he finally managed to score one.

All five of those chances I'd have easily scored.

I was raging at Miller after his sending off on Tuesday, there was no need for the stupid tackle he put into Dodds.

He's been lagging for a few weeks now, I still believe he has a fair bit to offer though.

What a lot of shite on this thread.

I wasnt there on Tuesday due to being offshoe (thank fuck)

but so far this season I would have Miller as player of the season by a mile.

Every game when we have played well and many when we havent he has been our stand out player and everything has flowed from his knockdowns and layoffs.

Yes he is slower than a week in govan but he has more tallent than all the so called Strikers sitting on the bench combined.

I hope he will sign a new contract but I am starting to worry that he may have been playing for a contract elsewhere.

Hope he signs

Still think we don't play to Miller's strengths.  He scored his goals for Hearts via players getting down the wings, whip the ball across and Miller getting on the end of them.  We're playing the ball long and, yes, he'll win some and lose some in the air but it's definitely not the way to play him. Nicholson down the right today can get balls across but we need that outlet regularly to get the best of Miller.