Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell - Dons - Sat - 3PM

No Rooney in the starting 11.

Dinna get it.

Goodwillie has scored 6 goals for us in total. Rooney scored that in his first 8 games.

I'm confident we'll still win like but I'd I'd play Rooney ahead of Goodwillie in the SPL every day of the week.

There must be a reason for it.  I personally feel maybe Rooney is being eased back into the team as last seasons efforts took a toll on him and normal service will be resumed soon.

cracking game fitba.  Scottish fitba is where the entertainment is :smile:, credit for WELL  for having go making it open game, I thought we played some magic fitba at times and switched aff few  times , Goodwillie put great  shift in but just nae happening in the box for him.  canna believe we got that goal ruled aff  some hit.  main negative for me and its the second week on the trot is Logan , the guy had nightmare at times far too many times getting caught out with marking and his passing. needs to get back basics. Taylor had rash challenge on McDonald but glad somebody did and he had loose ball cleared straight well player but he was solid majority the game and he is a  massive threat at set pieces, but  Logan needs to up his game next week.  Jack went nuts with him at the first goal.  My man of the match was Rooney aye he missed a great chance  and only played a half but he was excellent fan he came on , that was guy saying dinna drop me.  what another cracking game it will be next week should be a big crowd .canna wait .

McGinn MotM for me, thought he was superb particularly in the second half.

Logan was poor, seemed asleep at the back post a couple of times again. Taylor - should have been off for a horrible challenge and had another couple of scary moments - one where he was going to pass the ball back to Ward who made an angle for him, instead Taylor kept the ball with a man on his back and kept on moving towards his own goal line. We eventually got out of it but it's that sort of thing which worries me - just think he's a potential disaster in every game. Decision making is all over the place.

Shinnie and Hayes seemed a wee bit off and MacLean was quiet. Goodwillie did a decent job and probably should have had a goal. Rooney was like a man possessed when he came on and got us free kicks/corners out of situations where it looked like there was nothing on for him at all.

Thought we played well in spells and then gave them too much room, time and respect for long periods. When we got in their faces there was only one team on that park who were going to win. Good three points, especially away from home with Collum as the ref - you never know what that little freak is going to do to ruin your day, thankfully he didn't yesterday.

Taylor  got his doubters and he takes the odd risk , but Mcinnies can see he is a big asset for us and proved that on many games last season , I am bit worried  with Logan his head up his arse just now, maybe spell on bench give him kick up the arse he needs.  Regards Goodwillie starting , we are winning games with him in the line up and his performances have been great so we canna really moan,  and maybe once that goal goes in he might take off.      Rooneys attitude was great when he come on put him some shift.    but if we really are going to take tims all the way we need bit more competition up front that gives us something different, as Goodwillie and Ronney are going to have injuries and a dip in form.    two weeks to window closes so we will find out soon.

Regards Goodwillie starting , we are winning games with him in the line up and his performances have been great so we canna really moan,  and maybe once that goal goes in he might take off.      Rooneys attitude was great when he come on put him some shift.    but if we really are going to take tims all the way we need bit more competition up front that gives us something different, as Goodwillie and Ronney are going to have injuries and a dip in form.    two weeks to window closes so we will find out soon.

Who was moaning?

re Taylor "taking the odd risk" - I don't think he's a good enough player to be doing that deliberately - in fact, I don't think he is doing it deliberately, I think it's indecision which leads him into these situations.

[ftp][/ftp]

hey hobnob I'm speaking in general about goodwille .  some fans at mwell were pissed aff he started .  but were getting results .  mcinnies seems ken fits he's doing regards the system and players he's picking . but hopefully we add least another two to the squad.

I like Taylor, but definitely think he's a bit of a bomb scare at times.  Being a defender myself, I often thinks he panics and there is an indecisiveness about him. However, he has vastly improved and does score big goals like he did on Saturday.  I trust McInnes in who he puts in the team.

I really hope Logan picks his game up.  He seems to be off the boil since his mrs had his latest child.  That said, you will always be able to trust him to make a last ditch tackle, he is excellent at those.

I like Taylor, but definitely think he's a bit of a bomb scare at times.  Being a defender myself, I often thinks he panics and there is an indecisiveness about him. However, he has vastly improved and does score big goals like he did on Saturday.  I trust McInnes in who he puts in the team.

I really hope Logan picks his game up.  He seems to be off the boil since his mrs had his latest child.  That said, you will always be able to trust him to make a last ditch tackle, he is excellent at those.

We all trust McInnes manc, it's not about that - we're allowed to question his judgement, he's not always going to get it right. If we're now at the stage that just because X player is in the team that McInnes picked, ergo no one can question that, we'd be as well closing this site down and all others like it.

We all trust McInnes manc, it's not about that - we're allowed to question his judgement, he's not always going to get it right. If we're now at the stage that just because X player is in the team that McInnes picked, ergo no one can question that, we'd be as well closing this site down and all others like it.

Ha, of course not, as fans we should question everything!  :thumbsup: As i said, I also think he's indecisive, my point was more if DM thinks he's the best person for that position at the moment, i'm ok with that despite my personal differences.  Probably also because I don't get to watch us as often as i'd like...