Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New shirt sponsor?

I heard a rumour this afternoon that the current sponsorship deal with Apex will not be renewed next season, leading the way for a new sponsor.

Apparently another service company is interested in the role and perhaps also IrnBru! (I'm sure the blue and orange would go down a treat with the manager...and fans).

As far as I'm concerned then as long as the money comes in, then what does it matter who the sponsor is although I'd probably be wary of buying an Aberdeen top with "BJ Services" written across the front of it.  :-[

Who would you like (or not) to succeed Apex as next years sponsor?

HIGH-PROFILE REDS TO SWITCH SHIRT SPONSOR

08:50 - 07 February 2008

Aberdeen are to switch shirt sponsor as the club attempts to cash in on its increased exposure this season.

The deal with city company Apex Tubulars is due to expire at the end of this term.

Apex, which is thought to have paid in the region of £250,000 when it signed up to have the company name emblazoned on the Dons shirts in 2006, is understood to be planning to reduce its involvement with the club.

The company, which also backs Highland League champions Keith and Aberdeen's world champion boxer Lee McAllister, replaced ADT Fire and Security as main sponsor.

In place of Apex Tubulars the Dons hope to clinch a lucrative agreement with an alternative company on the back of their involvement in high-profile Uefa Cup and domestic fixtures.

A club spokesman said: "The sponsorship deal is up for renewal at the end of the season and discussions with the current sponsor, and the other potential sponsors, are taking place.

"Apex Tubulars are aware we are speaking to a variety of potential sponsors and are happy with that position."

The shirt sponsorship deal with Acergy will also expire at the end of the season.

The club's kit supplier will not change regardless of the outcome of the sponsorship talks.

The contract with distributor Just Sport Pro Club Limited to supply Nike strips will not expire until 2011.