Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

FIFA Corruption

I wouldn't have a problem with England hosting it. I don't really care who hosts it. I'd just like it to be a country that either has the infrastructure in place or can afford the upgrades required. The less building contracts being handed out for new stadia purposes (South Africa and Brazil) the less chance of kick backs changing hands as a result.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have a problem with England hosting it. I don't really care who hosts it. I'd just like it to be a country that either has the infrastructure in place or can afford the upgrades required. The less building contracts being handed out for new stadia purposes (South Africa and Brazil) the less chance of kick backs changing hands as a result.

Precisely.  I've seen a lot of people that dont want it to be in England (not sure why, maybe small mindedness).  Personally, I'd want the 2018 to be England for the reasons you and others have said re: infrastructure, quality of stadiums etc, and Australia to be awarded 2022.  It would be nice to have it in a new continent and the temperature makes a lot more sense than that hell hole Qatar.  Domestic competitions (ones that generate the most money and I presume dictate when the tournament is) won't be affected.

Precisely.  I've seen a lot of people that dont want it to be in England (not sure why, maybe small mindedness).  Personally, I'd want the 2018 to be England for the reasons you and others have said re: infrastructure, quality of stadiums etc, and Australia to be awarded 2022.  It would be nice to have it in a new continent and the temperature makes a lot more sense than that hell hole Qatar.  Domestic competitions (ones that generate the most money and I presume dictate when the tournament is) won't be affected.

FA have said they will not be putting themselves forward for either tournament.

Cannot see 2018 being taken away from Russia now but would think there is a fair chance 2022 being taken away from Qatar if they can find enough evidence of bribery. If it is taken away my money would be on Australia to get it as it would keep the tournament within the Asian confederation.

i think Jack Warners evidence is going to be explosive, i bet he has evidence of bribery for the 30years or more. Makes you wonder if any bribes were recieved from England about that hand of God.

just shows how trust is so vital to sport. Look at our own game a club done for fraud and tax evasion and still there in FIFA is systematic bribery going on.

Can we really look at past world cups now without thinking certain games, flash points were actually bribes!

:dunno:

Really scunnered with FIFA

Why would there be any from England, presume you mean to England?  I doubt it. i'd like to think the corruption was only a recent thing but quite clearly it isn't. Shame really, I just hope it's at an international level only...

Just don't get how he can still be in power until the end of the year? Surely since there are no major Fifa tournaments after the women's WC it wouldn't be that hard to arrange a vote. Or do they need to allow sufficient corruption time and the envelopes to be prepped?

Swiss cops have apparently seized documents from FIFA HQ including some from old Sepp's office

I'd be amazed if anything credible has been left in tact rather than being shredded/deleted/burnt. They're all had a 2 week head start.

• 3 months later...

Jerome Valoke FIFA Secretary General has been removed from his post with immediate effect following allegations of corruption around a World Cup ticket deal. Corruption allegations getting closer and closer to auld Sepp. Can only be a question of time before he is arrested.

Jerome Valoke FIFA Secretary General has been removed from his post with immediate effect following allegations of corruption around a World Cup ticket deal. Corruption allegations getting closer and closer to auld Sepp. Can only be a question of time before he is arrested.

Apparently he even tried for a pay off to terminate his contract.  These guys genuinely don't have a clue. Step ladder has also been advised not to leave the country as it will likely lead to arrest. Innocent man? I don't think so.

Now Swiss authorities have confirmed that they are investigating Blatter. Allegations around a TV deal in 2006 plus payments to one Michel Platini. Looks like end for Blatter and also for Platini.

Both are different shades of the same shite. Ones froggy and the other is swiss. Good on the Swiss authorities for doing something right for a change!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't convinced Platini would have won it anyway.  Not many outside europe would be voting for the head of UEFA to take over when they think FIFA is to UEFA orientated as it is and it's one nation one vote.  Also he voted for Qatar so fuck him.  I agree Kow, the whole thing should shut down

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...