Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jimmy Calderwood

Guest Robo

There is a few texts flying about already saying Jimmy Calderwood has just quit Aberdeen.

Don't shoot the messenger, it may be a complete wind up, but this is what I'm hearing!

What you've said CtS is very similar to what I posted last night:

If I was to take a complete and unsubstantuated stab at what's happening; I'd say JC has been made an offer elsewhere, told those 4 (who are first names on his team sheet each week) to hang tight until summer and he'll take them to wherever he's going.

I really hope it's not true but I can't see past it at the moment.

Just watched the Press Conference on RedTV and Jimmy basically slags the players for moving as Championship sides are the best they'll get and you can't get into Europe through the Championship(FA Cup aye but not realistically).

Wonder how long it'll be till he's managing in the Championship?

I'm really hoping it pans out as follows...

JC gets the grand total of zero interesting offers to work down south (although I do think it's only a matter of time).  Clark, Nicolson and Hart end up places that they don't really want to go to but there's nothing else on the table.

Miller realises that the grass isn't any greener and along with the rest of the primadonas, realise they're onto a good thing whilst Lovell sulks off into the distance.

Zander signs a new contract, picks up Scotland caps, becomes club captain after a few years and gets a big money move to the Premiership.

Just watched the Press Conference on RedTV and Jimmy basically slags the players for moving as Championship sides are the best they'll get and you can't get into Europe through the Championship(FA Cup aye but not realistically).

That's the funniest thing I've read in ages

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind

Guest Nellie The Don

That's the funniest thing I've read in ages

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind

Aye, presumably he's expecting Anfield to call any minute.  ::)