Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Attendances at Pittodrie - are they really that bad?

piss poor facilities, coupled with poor atmosphere and lets call it mediocre entertainment , it's no wonder a small number of fans have drifted away.

however the way some are talking you'd think before jimmy came on board we were having sell outs and Jimmy has chased half of them away personally.

in the grand scheme of things for AFC to get 12-13k for a home game is pretty good - but I can see no reason why we don't get 15k on average, i guess some stay aways just won't take to Jimmy and his style of football despite decent results

Why should they? Never see anyone promoting things around Glasgow Uni - you'd think Partick in particular would given there are student halls on their doorstep. Yes it might be a good opportunity but at the end of the day half of the people there probably support Rangers anyway and are unlikely to add 1000 onto the attendance at every game.

Why should they? Never see anyone promoting things around Glasgow Uni - you'd think Partick in particular would given there are student halls on their doorstep. Yes it might be a good opportunity but at the end of the day half of the people there probably support Rangers anyway and are unlikely to add 1000 onto the attendance at every game.

I thought Thistle did do that? Their student village is at the end of my street and i see loads of them going to the match when Thistle are at home.

Guest Nellie The Don

Partick Thistle managed to fall from the SPL to Division 2 in the space of a few seasons though. 

My point being that 'What Would Partick Thistle Do?' should hardly be one of the first things afc think about when forming marketing policy.

I thought Thistle did do that? Their student village is at the end of my street and i see loads of them going to the match when Thistle are at home.

Nope, zero promotion whatsoever. The only time I've been to a Thistle game off my own back (couple of seasons ago) they didn't even do student prices that season.