Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

"That" song

Guest Caroline B

Guest Caroline B

I'm a little saddened by a couple of replies here to this subject. Anyone who thinks it's fine to continue to singing this song has my sympathy. Obviously you think it's perfectly fine to keep dragging one of AFC's finest servants (Neil Simpson for those of you who actually saw the man play) name through the mud time after time.

Yes, we know that Durrant was a repugnant little ned, but that doesn't mean that you can keep Simpson being remembered for being the fantastic player he was. Everytime you sing that horrible song, a few of you who never knew or saw the man play will only know him for that one silly act (the tackle).

The truth is, Simmie was a very good player who I remember for lots of other reasons rather than that one.

Please, next time you think about singing "That song", think about the harm you are doing to an Aberdeen legend's memory and legacy. Sing something more relevant than about a great player's mistake 20+ years ago. Please don't stoop to the huns level and give then the obvious satisfaction that this gives them.