Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

chat system in testing

Reekie_Red

This is the error i'm getting

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed

Line Number 228, Column 340:return text.replace(arguments.callee.regExp,this.decodeSpecialCharsCallback);},decodeSpecialCharsCallback:function(str){switch(str){case '&':return '&';case '<':return '<';case '>':return '>';case ''':return '\'';case '"':return '"';default:return str;}},inArray:function(haystack,needle){var i=haystack.length;while(i--){if(haystack===needle){return true;}}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only tried my laptop, shall check at uni tomorrow.

Looks like an encoding issue but I can't see that being the problem. Can't assume the XML is the problem if its working fine for everyone else, perhaps its the way your machine is translating the XML?

You installed any Virtual Machines for Developing software? I remember you mentioning you were programming a while back.

Also, what browser you using? We may need to re-set something...

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
LineNumber 228, Column 340:returntext.replace(arguments.callee.regExp,this.decodeSpecialCharsCallback);},decodeSpecialCharsCallback:function(str){switch(str){case'&':return '&';case '<':return '<';case'>':return '>';case ''':return '\'';case '"':return'"';default:return str;}},inArray:function(haystack,needle){vari=haystack.length;while(i--){if(haystack===needle){return true;}}

Also, Admin, delete the bold character in the code, might just be that dave_min's browser is bullet proof.

EDIT: That being said, it Validates perfectly. I can't even locate that code in any of the source. Maybe your config JavaScript files are being stored in cache and not being read again?

@admins, is there any more source files that I can't find apart from the ones below. You'd think I'd done enough debugging today *_*:

[pre]<script src="js/chat.js" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>

<script src="js/custom.js" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>

<script src="js/lang/en.js" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>

<script src="js/config.js" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>

<script src="js/FABridge.js" type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

[/pre]

You installed any Virtual Machines for Developing software? I remember you mentioning you were programming a while back.

Also, what browser you using? We may need to re-set something...

I re-installed XP at the Weekend, I updated it to the newest version, and i've got the newest version of Firefox running right now.

I tried it on same Laptop in IE and it worked first time  :-\

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...