Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hamilton - Dons - Sunday

It's clear that they've had a bigger wobble than we have after they've lost their manager and best striker and then released the second best striker as well.  But i'd still be wary about playing them.  I definitely think we should be winning this and last weekend showed what the team can do.  Hopefully the semi final loss was the kick up the arse they needed after toiling for a few weeks.

Anyway:

Out

Eating kiwi food apparently

Hopefully watching it at the flat

More Kiwi food

3-1 Dons, Rooney, McGinn and Jack.

I have to say, from watching the highlights on RedTv, I thought Smith played well?  But there were a lot of negative comments about him elsewhere.  I'd be tempted to start with the same team and then change it up again. Peepaw looked much better coming off the bench with a point to prove.

Smith was excellent Manc and I was really surprised he got subbed but it appeared to be for tactical reasons.  Mclean was more advanced in the first half  with Mcginn on the left and smith more wide right though not quite as on the flanks as Mcginn,  Hayes placed in the lcm position.  when smith came off hayes went left, mcginn right and pp went through the middle with mclean moving back to cm.  We instantly looked more threatening and whether its PP or smith playing behind rooney the rest should stay the same imo.   

out

flat

flat

flat

3-0 jack, rooney Goodwillie

3 disallowed goals and a penalty claim? should it have been even more comprehensive?

Completely.  Just watching the game back now (missed it during the day) and the officials definitely had something against Rooney today. Firstly the first disallowed goal, and if that's not a penalty I don't know what is. Absolute shocker (as per) from Gollum. We've looked good, but Scott Brown worries me.  Definitely no better than Clangfield, and seems to be rooted to his line a lot of the time.  I saw Logan having a proper go at him just before 1/2 time and there was a ball that came across the face of goal which i think he should have intercepted / collected.

Of the new signings, Daniels, what a tidy player. You can tell he's a class act and very composed on the ball. McLean likes to have a pop at goal which I don't mind at all. Certainly my biggest criticism of the season so far was that the midfielders wouldn't have a go.  He does and invariably draws a save from the keeper.

All in all though, a very good team performance. Need to keep it going.

Edit: Also, the 3rd goal ruled out was definitely a goal. The Consi one I can understand as he was all over the defender, but that 3rd one? Fucking hell. Still not as bad as the first "third" goal. Gollum is a penis.

Not that I've heard Manc.

Great result and performance yesterday, I was particularly impressed by considine. Easily his best performance in the position, wonder what shinnie thought when he was watching it (it's likely he's watching us whenever he can now).  St Mirren has banana skin written all over it but I've every faith the management will be well on top of potential over confidence within the squad.

Although Willie Collum is a clown, I think we need to be careful not to get drawn into some campaign (there's already a fairly childish looking FB page set up) that could make us look like Victim FC.  Best to try and rise above it IMHO.  It would be a different matter if he had cost us the game though.

Although Willie Collum is a clown, I think we need to be careful not to get drawn into some campaign (there's already a fairly childish looking FB page set up) that could make us look like Victim FC.  Best to try and rise above it IMHO.  It would be a different matter if he had cost us the game though.

Agreed, it's all a bit cringe worthy and giving glasgow the ammunition it needs!

As a side issue, Hayes is out for the St. Mirren clash, club are hoping he won't be out for longer.  Really need him back as soon as, been one of the best players this season.

Totally agree, we've been on the end of some really poor refereeing this season but that's all it is.  All the talk of ref's being out to get us is a bit tragic.

Sunday was just another example of how badly the standard of refereeing in this country has fallen. Sunday was not the first game Gollum has fucked up this season (recent Killie v St Mirren game springs to mind) yet there is no sign of him being demoted.

Sunday was just another example of how badly the standard of refereeing in this country has fallen. Sunday was not the first game Gollum has fucked up this season (recent Killie v St Mirren game springs to mind) yet there is no sign of him being demoted.

Didn't he get a couple of weeks in the lower leagues after his last major fuck up?

He did ed. I have to say though (tin hat on) bar the pen decision I didn't think collum had a bad game. The two goals were the assistants faults. As for falling standards I remember the likes of mike hun cunt mcurry and les fat bastard mottram. Collum may not be collina in comparison but he's better than those two

He did ed. I have to say though (tin hat on) bar the pen decision I didn't think collum had a bad game. The two goals were the assistants faults. As for falling standards I remember the likes of mike hun cunt mcurry and les fat bastard mottram. Collum may not be collina in comparison but he's better than those two

Mike McCurry

Les Mottram

Hugh Dallas

Jim McCluskey

>:( >:(