Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Red Army make some noise (from Redweb)

Red Army make some noise

As the countdown begins ahead of the Dons European showdown with FC Copenhagen next Thursday we're asking the Red Army to get behind the team, make some noise and help the team KO Copenhagen and make it through to the knockout stages.

With positive results last week in the Dons UEFA Cup section, the visit of Copenhagen is now one of the biggest European nights at Pittodrie since the heady days of the 80's. It is sure to be a superb occasion and an opportunity for the squad to carve out their own piece of AFC history.

Skipper Scott Severin is calling on the Red Army to roar the team into the knock out stages of the UEFA Cup. With the team in search of 3 points in this final group stage game, Sevy is looking for the fans to re-create the atmosphere enjoyed when the Dons faced Dnipro back in September and Rangers last May.

"The fans on our previous European nights have been outstanding and im sure there will be a great atmosphere at Pittodrie when Copenhagen visit next Thursday. This is a tough game, so the more intimidating the fans make Pittodrie for the opposition, the better chance it gives us of getting the right result. All the boys really appreciate the backing that we get. The Red Army most definitely act as our twelveth man when they get behind the team like that."

"With the help of the crowd I think we've got a good chance to go forward and give everyone a nice Christmas present."

Our helpers will be on hand in the build up to the match giving out hooters and thundertstix throughout the stadium so make sure you grab one! The Red Ultras will also be doing a display in the RDS. Raise your scarves and voices and show your encouragement as the team run on to the pitch, ready to face their biggest test for a number of years.

We will be counting down the big game all next week on RedWeb and RedTV so make sure you log on each day.

Also show the team your behind them - download the poster below and display it in the lead up to the match.

Click here to download the poster - http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/42/c7/0,,10284~116546,00.pdf

COME ON YE REDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

When the announcer does that, it makes me want to curl up and hide its soooooo cringe worthy. If he was to make it short and sort of menacing that would be ok, but in fact he does this

Cooooommmmooooooonnnyewwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeedssssssssssssssssssssss  :hammer:

When the announcer does that, it makes me want to curl up and hide its soooooo cringe worthy. If he was to make it short and sort of menacing that would be ok, but in fact he does this

Cooooommmmooooooonnnyewwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeedssssssssssssssssssssss  :hammer:

Yes but to be fair, it gets about 90% of the support up for it, and they start making noise, probably the only time you do hear the support vocally at times is when the announcer does that.

would love AFC to do this.

this song being sung by a full house would leave the hairs on yer neck standin.

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad, my mother said to me,

"Come see the Dons, they're glorious Dons, Down at Pittodrie."

She called them the heavenly dancers, merry dancers in the sky,

I'll never forget that wonderful sight, down at Pittodrie!

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad, my mother said to me,

"Come see the Dons, they're glorious Dons, Down at Pittodrie."

She called them the heavenly dancers, merry dancers in the sky,

I'll never forget that wonderful sight, down at Pittodrie!

great stuff. never understood why this isnt played when the teams come out to get the fans going. :thumbsup:

So the team are looking for commitment from the support are they ?

Fair enough I guess.

Hows about giving us some good news, and some the out of contract players giving commitment back and signing up for an extended period at the club.

Now, I'm maybe just being a total miserable bastard cause having a bad day at work, but the news of the likes of Zander, Hart and nicholson all having signed new deals would give the fans a real boost ahead of next Thursday and guarantee the place was fucking rocking come 7:45 on Thurs.

I've got a horrible feeling that all the progress of the last few years is all going to fall apart in the next few weeks

Actually spouting aff all this doom and gloom I must be on the wrong site ;)

Agree to a certain degree Big Al but come kick-off time, no matter what's going on off the field, you should be 100% behind your team for the full 90 minutes.

I very much doubt anyone will give the contracts a second thought until the final whistle.

:AFC2:

Aye i ken ye're right, just having a shite day, and just wanted to have a bit of a moan. ;)

Believe me I'll be a hunner percent behind them on Thurs night

To be fair, I prefer the "come on you reds" announcement at the start of the match. Pretty much the who crowd joins in at that point ...one of only few during the game.

I'd also like to hear the Northern Lights played at the start of the match, but our fans these days make such a cunt of it. It sounds like it is sung at high tempo over a Happy Hardcore track - slow down ye hoors!

I like the bundesliga style announcers when a goal is scored or substitution is made where the announcer calls...."Claudio".....the crowd reply......"Pizzarooooooooo". Love to hear that at Pittodrie, but we'd be shite at it.