Gregg Wylde

‘Aberdeen FC are bigger than Bolton’

Gregg Wylde refuses to rule out signing for AFC

By Sean Wallace

Published: 06/06/2013

WINGER Gregg Wylde today refused to rule out signing for Aberdeen FC, claiming they are bigger than former club Bolton.

Aberdeen FC boss Derek McInnes aims to make the 22-year-old his third summer signing and has offered Wylde a deal.

The former Rangers winger is a free agent having recently left Bolton and confirmed he rejected offers from England and wants to return to the SPL, making it a two-horse race between Aberdeen and Motherwell.

I wasn't overwhelmed by McInnes's appiontment, but glad to see he has shipped out the dross, and is showing ambiton in his signings.  If we get Wylde, and a striker like Goodwillie we should be finishng second next season.

I wasn't overwhelmed by McInnes's appiontment, but glad to see he has shipped out the dross, and is showing ambiton in his signings.  If we get Wylde, and a striker like Goodwillie we should be finishng second next season.

Fucks sake dinnae be getting carried away - a big ask from 8th  ???

ABERDEEN are closing in on the signing of Gregg Wylde – but their hopes of nabbing David Goodwillie are fading fast after Blackpool entered the race for the striker.

Blackburn ace Goodwillie, who has a year left of his deal at Ewood Park, is also a loan target for his former club Dundee United but Tannadice chief Steven Thompson’s demands for an answer last week fell on deaf ears.

Rovers are in no hurry to consent to a temporary move when they are looking to get the 22-year-old off their books permanently and recoup a portion of the £2.2million they coughed up in 2011.

Seasiders boss Paul Ince is ready to step in with a cash bid and there has also been interest for a loan deal from Lancashire rivals Bolton.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes is not getting his hopes up but is much more confident of landing former Rangers winger Wylde.

The 20-year-old is a free agent after being paid up by Bolton following a disappointing 18 months.

Motherwell have also made a bid and Hibs have entered the running but Wylde is keen on a switch to the Granite City and the move is expected to be completed when he returns from holiday early next week.

McInnes said: “We have got a substantial list of players we are working through.

“If the right ones become available then you have to be quick. But it’s also important you don’t rush in and sign folk for the sake of it.

“There’s a budget here to bring in a certain amount of players but it’s not a bottomless well.”

Nothing to do with that Retard article, but just think this is a done deal only waiting for his return from holiday to be confirmed.

Have to say if true, he is already a favourite of mine, in that he is player that appears keen to actually join us

I remember him playing for the huns but he was no stand out.  I'm reserving excitement for after i figure out if he is actually any use or not.  That said wide left is a position needing filled so at satisfaction in DM addressing that

My only worry would be he's bound to be on fairly high wage that is based on speculation rather than anything he's done on the pitch.

No doubt he's a good prospect though and attitude seems good too so as long as we have enough cash to get the defence sorted in particular then I'm happy about this.

Stolen... not sure about McCourt but the others would be positive moves

"He is meeting DM tomorrow to discuss the move. Should sign by the end of the week if everything goes to plan

Paddy McCourt still possible, talks on going.

DM is still keen on Simonson, 2 year deal on the table.

Plenty others floating around, fully expect another 4/5 before window closes.

Higdon talks planned next week, although he does have offers from England. He is trying to improve his offer from Motherwell, but seems unlikely he will stay. Dm hopeful he wants stays in the spl"

Dons set to close in on Wylde

By Paul Third

Published: 18/06/2013

Aberdeen hope to complete the signing of former Rangers midfielder Gregg Wylde this week after his former manager Owen Coyle dropped out of the running for his signature.

Hibs, Motherwell, Carlisle United and French club Nantes have all shown an interest in the 22-year-old after he had his contract cancelled by Cham- pionship club Bolton. But the player has expressed a desire to return to Scotland in the hope of reviving his career following a disappointing spell in England.

Coyle took Wylde to the Reebok Stadium last year when Rangers went into administration but the Scotland under-21 international had not played for Wanderers’ first team before Coyle was dismissed on October 9, 2012.

Concensus elsewhere seems to be that deal is done.

That being the case, not sure what the delay in announcing it actually is ???

According to paper this morning McInnes is meeting with Wylde today as he like to meet with the player face to face before sigining them.