John Sutton

Usual Retard article with no attributable quotes whatsoever. Decent scoring record at Helen and Murderwell. Didn't ever really appear to be in favour @ Hearts. Could he do a job for us ? What kind of message would signing the likes of him send out to McMannus ?

Discuss

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-talks-bring-out-of-contract-hearts-1908012

before we discount him for his average spl record let us not forget Michael Higdon

Goal Average at Crewe - 1 goal every 8.1 games

Falkirk - 1 Goal every 3.44 games

St Mirren - 1 Goal every 3.05 games

Motherwell - 1 Goal every 1.67 games

Did anyone reckon honestly see that coming?

Sutton seemed to have a lot about him and was someone i often thought would be good to go for. And being out of favour at that shambles of a club is a positive in my book.

May take a bit of time to get his form back though so if we are going to sign him i'd want it to be as early as possible so he can get a good pre-season under his belt.

The question is how much of a difference is there in the definition of "silly money" between the fans and our board ???

Also what say the bank has in any decision will affect what the board see as silly money

For money like that I'd drive him down for his medical.  If we were offered 1 million for him now the club would accept - without question.

I have absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

We need to face facts. We are burdened with debt, a stadium that is fast becoming seriously unfit for purpose, suffer from a serious lack of investment, and are and will REMAIN a selling club.

Put all of that in the mixing pot, and an offer of £1m for any player of ours is simply not going to be turned down.

Don't like it, but thems the facts guys :(

I have absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

We need to face facts. We are burdened with debt, a stadium that is fast becoming seriously unfit for purpose, suffer from a serious lack of investment, and are and will REMAIN a selling club.

Put all of that in the mixing pot, and an offer of £1m for any player of ours is simply not going to be turned down.

Don't like it, but thems the facts guys :(

Sheesh, you're acting like he's gone, or anyone is even interested in him! We've heard nothing, he's signed a new deal and seems to enjoy playing for the club.  Let's enjoy that before creating hell for ourselves  :thumbsup:

Sheesh, you're acting like he's gone, or anyone is even interested in him! We've heard nothing, he's signed a new deal and seems to enjoy playing for the club.  Let's enjoy that before creating hell for ourselves  :thumbsup:

Just ensuring our reality is crystal clear to all.

I mean FFS Manc imagine the fans having unrealistic ambitions ;)

Given he is contracted to 2016 I would think we would hold out for about 2 mill.  A lot of a transfer fee is about what the remainder of the contract is worth.  Say Mcginn is on 3k a week tops that would be about 1.1 mill roughly