Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Boston Marathon

Kowalski

I don't think it is a strange target, shocking and horrible scenes nonetheless shocking though. I was hoping it was suicide bombers and they were the only ones who lost their lives. It doesn't sound likely though. Reports of additional devices and they are currently being disarmed. 

I hope the folk from your running club are ok kow.

Given the security at the 2010 London marathon and the level of paranoia the Americans appear to have I'm wondering how this sort was allowed to happen?

In saying that I seem to remember there being more security at the forfar vs aberdeen cup tie that there was at the Colorado Avalanche vs Minnesotta wild ice hockey match

By the time the '4 hour' runners come in you're looking at mostly fun runners who're raising money for charity, reaching the finish line in a marathon is the greatest achievement in many people's lives, absolutely shocking attack even if the death toll is low (compared to other bombings around the world).

Bad bastards whoever they are.

By the time the '4 hour' runners come in you're looking at mostly fun runners who're raising money for charity, reaching the finish line in a marathon is the greatest achievement in many people's lives, absolutely shocking attack even if the death toll is low (compared to other bombings around the world).

Bad bastards whoever they are.

Dunno like, 4 hours is bloody good going and is a decent standard of runner.

I didn't break 4 hours when I did my marathon  ;)

Neither did I mate, but I was a fun runner raising money for charity.  ;)

Running 26 miles is fun?  :-\

Fucking horrendous stuff like. Wonder who they'll pin this on. Obama seems to be the front runner thus far (no pun intended).

Couple things:

Why target the end of a marathon?  If you're looking for maximum damage then you'd have thought the start would have been the way to go.

No doubt the gun lobbyists will jump all over this and use it for their own agenda why you should arm yourself to the teeth with automatic machine guns.  The irony being a gun wouldn't protect you from this type of carnage.

Couple things:

Why target the end of a marathon?  If you're looking for maximum damage then you'd have thought the start would have been the way to go.

No doubt the gun lobbyists will jump all over this and use it for their own agenda why you should arm yourself to the teeth with automatic machine guns.  The irony being a gun wouldn't protect you from this type of carnage.

Not sure but has anyone questions how easy it is for yanks etc to get hold of high explosives. I know its fairly easy to put together a bomb from household chemicals etc but Im pretty sure that in certain states you can purchase dynamite, small landmines, hand grenades, semtex etc just as easy as buying a machine gun.

I wonder if someone will suggest all marathon runners should carry guns in future races?

Got to be far right IMHO...

- Boston

- Patriot's Day

- Tax Day

- Last mile dedicated to Sandy Hook families

- Same week as senate votes on gun legislation

The FBI suspects are nae lacking a suntan, think it rules oot your theory!

Pressure cooker bombs from the middle east? I would have thought even those retards have moved on from that??? I thought this had far right Neanderthal written all over it. It would be too easy and a pleasant coincidence for them to blame the middle east.

I guess the only thing would be that it wouldn't have raised any suspicion when buying the materials.

This is a country where you can buy a machine gun at a trade show and not even be checked to make sure you don't have a history of armed robbery or murdering people.

You could walk into the yank equivalent of B&Q and buy several crates if TNT and they wouldn't bat an eyelid

One of the suspects has died after a shoot out, the other is on the run from the polis.

Suggestions they may have tried to bomb MIT!

EDIT: Suspects are Turkish nationals!

Really? BBC saying they are both Russian from near Chechnya ??? - as are the AP

This is going to open a whole new can of worms.

Actually all we know is a cop was killed

I haven't seen any reports stating it was them that did it. And given that the cops are now trigger happy I doubt yon other suspect will get a chance to be brought to trial so the story will be told by the US Government.

Two dead. Public happy. lets go back to normal.

Ill be interested to see how the right wing media spin the Chechen connection given the Russians and communism are still seen as the enemy by many Americans but now the enemy of Russia is turning their attention to uncle sam