Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland squad for Wales and Serbia

mizer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clutching at straws for any tiny positive, the new additions were decent. Bridcutt, Hanley and in parts Boyd impressed me. Rhodes needs more support if he's expected to have any influence though.

The more established members of the squad were dreadful though.  What the fuck were Caldwell and Hutton playing at not only for the 2nd goal but for most of the 90 minutes?! Adam can get to fuck as well, except one charge not long after he came on he was shocking.

There's a lot of work to be done if we ever want to challenge during qualifiers again, time to ship out the deadwood once and for all, stick to form players and build a team for the future. (without the usual suspects that have let us down again and again...)

Bardsley, Brown, Berra, Fletcher, Morrison, Fletcher all missed over last two games in my opinion. I wouldn't underestimate just how much extra Brown's industry & Morrison's creativity & intelligence brings to this team.

A McFadden-shaped hole still exists in this team, here's hoping he can finish season strongly with Mwell. Whatever happened to Stephen McManus? Is the boy Martin at Norwich any good? Playing at RB every week in EPL but despite being in every squad for past 2yrs, still can't dislodge Hutton. Dixon had good debut v Serbia, certainly better performance than Mulgrew's on Sat.

Caldwell, Hutton, Adam & Miller now really need to be moved aside. Hanley, McArthur, Dorrans, Burke all extremely out of their depth. I suspect Strachan is experimenting.

I agree with most of that mate but I think Bridcutt looked handy and I thought Hanley was one of the better players tonight. Much better than that absolute Jakki Caldwell.

That said, the midfield horribly exposed the defence, and in particular 2 fucking rockets in the shape if Whittaker and Hutton, fucking disgraceful performances both. The midfield has been denied its first and second teams and I have to say Maloney was torture at times, really laboured, maybe had too much to do one that flank with that cunt Whittaker.

Miller, Caldwell, Hutton, Whittaker can all vacate the scene now and will not be missed.

saddest thing is the people most likely to continue to feature are the ones everybody apart from successive managerial teams can clearly see need to be jettisoned. We need someone with the guts to actually change things.

Main problem is that 'international manager' on the CV is all these jokers are really interested about. Who cares if they lose every game? They can just say "no my fault, have you SEEN the players I had to work with??" Then get a good wage in their next short-term job. Also works for the Caldwells of the world because people get fooled by the number of caps into thinking they can play at any sort of level. Suppose it's totally fitting for Scottish football given the attitude most players/managers have towards the SPL.

Charlie Adam - £10m  ???

Mental

Who paid £10m for him? Or are you adding all transfer fees ever paid for him?

But aye he was fucking awful. As was Caldwell and Hutton. I'm lost for fucking words. Get them all to fuck. Cunts. SMG

But aye he was fucking awful. As was Caldwell and Hutton. I'm lost for fucking words. Get them all to fuck. Cunts. SMG

I'm genuinely astounded that people care that much?  The same team is getting picked (for the most part) so I expect the same results.  As Mav said yesterday, the sooner this campaign is over the better and we look a million miles off from ever qualifying for a tournament again.

Until Strachan or whichever manager grows some balls, we'll be fucked.  I'm not sounding negative, just realistic at what I see in front of me (not a lot tbh be honest).  I wasn't able to watch either of the past two games and I'm genuinely glad I wasn't able to.  Both have sounded horrific.

How Hutton still manages to get a game is beyond me.

Is this an old quote ???

I'm sure it is from last week actually, so yes it is.

Wee Gord did mix it up a bit, I've never seen 6 changes in an International team within a week before but given our complete lack of centre halfs and a treatment room full of midfielders his hands are tied a bit. 

Having said that the first 30mins v Wales must be some of the most depressing I have witnessed watching Scotland, and that says alot.  No idea where we go from here but he has a fucking hard job on his hands.  I think some of you (Mav I'm looking at you) are being a bit harsh on Strachan and he needs to be given time but it is going to be a long hard slog.

Trip to Serbia was brilliant one of best I have done. Just a pity that team is so bad. No idea how Strachen sorts it but he needs to do something quickly as we could go to pot 5 if we do not pick up at least 2 points in our remaining games. Very hard to see us getting two draws never mind winning any of our last 4 against Croatia away, Belgium home, Macedonia away and Croatia home. If we do drop to pot 5 it very likely we will not qualify for a major tournament again.

Don't buy that 'never qualify again' stuff, we're suffering a steady decline, but recovery can be just as steady. A situation like this was unimaginable 5 years ago, and it's hard to imagine us being a quality side with quality players again, but it will happen. We'll be back.