Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v St Johnstone

Jute

Am I the only one going to this? Does not look like any of injured players will be back and with Clangers suspended we are stuck with Brown in goal. Having lost last three in league really need to win this one going into busy Christmas period.

In

Another stupidly early train

Y

Oot in town for night

0-0

Aberdeen FC hit by keeper crisis

Rookie Rogers set to face St Johnstone

By Sean Wallace

Published: 21/12/2012

ABERDEEN FC boss Craig Brown today confirmed he faces a keeper crisis and could be forced to start rookie teen Danny Rogers against St Johnstone.

First choice stopper Jamie Langfield is suspended after an appeal against a red card in the 2-0 loss to Kilmarnock and subsequent one-game ban was dismissed by the SFA.

Back-up stopper, Welsh international Jason Brown, is a major doubt having picked up an ankle injury.

The manager will hand 18-year-old Rogers his Aberdeen FC debut if Brown fails a fitness test.

fae afc.co.uk, nothing about Brown but seems to be from yesterday

"The injury news is we have big concerns over Andrew Considine who had to come off with a virus on Saturday. He has not trained this week yet. Joe Shaughnessy got a knock and had to come off as well but we are confident he will manage to do a full session tomorrow. Russell Anderson did a session today and if there is no reaction he will train tomorrow and should be fit for the weekend. The others, Chris Clark, Rob Milsom, Issac Osbourne, Stephen Hughes, Ryan Fraser, Ryan Jack are not back yet. That is a lot of quality players we are still missing."

When we kept it simple and picked our passes we looked really good. Big Joe, Magennis, and of course Mcginn were superb. and that ball from Masson was Jim Bett-esque. Brill!  Should have been 4 up by half time. And after all the abuse he's taken I'd say we'll done to Brown in goals, hardly a save to make but clearly played with an injury and was as vocal and enthusiastic as ever, he looked really pleased when the 2nd went in.

Also special mention to the nutters in section Y, good effort given the conditions. ;D

My jeans are still wet.

Good second half, probably had slightly the better of the first half but not by much. Thought we would lose at half time just because we had the wind against us for the second half, but got a goal from the free kick and another. Looked good in parts, but conditions weren't exactly representative of normal football.

I don't think I will ever be dry.