Hibs v Aberdeen -SCOTTISH CUP

The following William Hill Scottish Cup fifth round ties will be broadcast live on television:

Saturday, 2nd February 2013

Dundee United v Rangers

Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 12.45pm

Sunday, 3rd February 2013

Raith Rovers v Celtic

Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 12.45pm

Hibernian v Aberdeen

Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 3.30pm

Some cash and a decent kick off time, all be it a Sunday

Hopefully still a good turnout of dandies, presume ticket prices will be reduced a bit

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

God I really hope the team and management steps up to the plate today.  Hope everyone going has a great day!

I see Anderson should be back for this, hopefully the break has done him some good and will instill some much needed calmness in the defence

COYR!

Don't often take to forums and only see the Dons occasionally as I live abroad. Born and brought up in Aberdeen though.

Just watched the game live here in Egypt and I can honestly say I am shocked at how utterly hopeless the team are.

3500 fans there and they play like absolute amateurs. No desire to win, no ideas, absolutely no backbone and an overall display devoid of any real ability.

It is very sad to see the teams I supported in the 80s become an outfit more suited to the second division.

We are just as toothless as we were under all the previous managers. It won't ever change I'm afraid and that's why I won't waste my time following a group of losers anymore. There are better things to do with my time than suffer watching such drivel.

Vernon looked rusty as hell and utterly lacking in any kind of confidence.  Took far too much time when he had a great chance.  Milsom is never a wide player, should be playing in Hughes place as he was shocking.

Should have had a penalty when McGinn was wrongly called offside. He was definitely onside and if play had continued it was a stonewall pen.  Not that it'd matter, the useless bastards would have bottled it and missed anyway.

Langfield didnt look to have any chance stopping that goal, peach of a finish.

Anyway, that's out season over. Time to drop the under performers and blood some kids.  Fans let down yet again, I'm just glad I couldn't make it.

Words can't describe how disappointed today has left me, although I'm not at all surprised.

GTF Aberdeen.  >:(

Drop vernon totally down to the youngsters squad and put fallon back up front.

Shocking and typical performance from Aberdeen, paper talk of getting to the final the other day and they cant out play hibs. Any reason CB should be given a new contract has just gone up in smoke today.

Gutted AGAIN with our performance in the Scottish cup.  :hammer: :hammer:

Are you joking?

Agree that Vernon needs dropped, but at least he's only out of form.  Fallon has contributed the square root of fuck all no matter what form he's in. Useless.  Time to play Smith up front with McGinn. Or Magennis. Or even Jocky Scott.

Good post Manonmoons and all posts have been on the money.

I cannot fault Langfield for once, he was probably one of the few players that performed. That strike was a worth match winner, but let's not get wrapped up in all that.  Our performance was abysmal and not worthy of the support of the fans that had to endure that. 

Season well and truly over and I cannot see Brown lasting long after this.  Who next, I don't know.  I think the club were hoping we'd just tick over at least to the quarters and hope that he would leave at the end of the season...i'm not sure that this is possible anymore.

Hibs were easily there for the taking, but they've found themselves a very good GK.

I felt bad for Vernon, but that chance he had was unforgivable.  He really should have slotted that away first time.  You never get time and space in the box.  However BR, Fallon is not the answer. He truly is an awful footballer.

As others have said, i'd like to say i'm surprised by this, but i'm really not.  A completely underwhelming end to the season considering what potential it promised.

FFS Aberdeen  >:D>:(>:D