Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hillsborough

Kowalski

The 96 were not killed by the police. They were killed by fellow fans.

This does not excuse or mitigate the unlawful killing verdict. It's just a fact.

It was the shockingly incompetent crowd control that gave rise to the circumstances that caused fans to kill fans.

I wonder if there are dozens if not hundreds of scousers who have felt guilt since that day?

If it was a rugby crowd, nobody would have died. Those individuals so desperate not to miss any of the action who pushed and shoved into the back of the throng would not have done so if they could have anticipated the consequences, but it was the police's job to anticipate the possibilities and manage the crowd. The fact that the venue was unfit and unsafe was a huge contributor.

But the real tragedy is that uncontrolled greed killed their own kind.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other tragedy was the cover up, changing witness statements, lying and being selective with the evidence.

From a profession who's raison d'etre demands honesty and integrity.

Pigs and scum all getting it very wrong and all too thick to anticipate what the consequence might have been.

And innocent people losing their lives as a result.

After Heysel, the Belgian chief of police got jailed and 14 LFC fans convicted of manslaughter.

The 14 didn't try to kill anybody. They couldn't have anticipated that a wall would collapse.

They were just xenophobic boozed-up tragic scum who got their kicks from tribal fighting as a pack.

Manslaughter is reduced from murder because of the mental intent, their recklessness being considered less culpable than actual intent to kill.

I wonder if charging into the back of an already compressed crowd is more reckless? It's certainly no less anticipatable that it could lead to harm for others than the 14 anticipating a wall would collapse.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/heysel-stadium-disaster-30th-anniversary

Football fans can be scum and Liverpool fans can be the worst. I saw a Liverpool fan in his 40's or 50's stabbing a lit cigarette into the face of an Arsenal boy of 13 or 14 outside the Emirates. I was with my own son of similar age and couldn't do anything, or chose not to given hundreds of them storming a police horse against the wall behind him at the time and not enough police presence.

Rangers and Celtic contain much vile scum too. Liverpool killed their own. They're wallowing again tonight but they'll not remember Heysel, conveniently forgotten. Compo will be their next objective and should be rightly given but whatever they get offered, it won't be enough for them. Innocents died but there are many guilty cunts in that city.

http://wosland.podgamer.com/no-justice-for-the-96/

Possibly, Rocket (many guilty cunts), but that article is fucking atrocious. I'm all for saying something people don't want to hear, but don't say without facts and producing evidence and certainly don't compare a crowd moving down a lane to a mosh pit at the fucking Barrowlands. He doesn't even address the fact that there's no way the people at the back knew what was happening at the front. Name-dropping Heysel? Pathetic fae the author. Heysel was a criminal attack on opposition supporters across a stadium, where every cunt knew what they were doing. Hillsborough was a crowd of supporters entering a ground the way they, and supporters across the world, had been entering grounds for years. The author may have a point about the fans, but it isn't backed up by the facts that he presents, and so he'll have arrived at that point through luck rather than good journalism. His point is akin to blaming a car for the injuries it caused to the person it ran over because it was the metal and weight of the vehicle that killed them, not the person driving. If you're going to say something controversial, and moan about folk complaining like some pathetic kid before you say it, then you have to provide a pretty good case and unequivocal evidence to back it up; and not just quote Orwell in order to lift yourself onto a higher intellectual plain than your audience. I enjoy the vast majority of articles you link Rocket, but this one was a piece of horse shite! Never mind though, that's fit forums and so forth are about.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but this bothers me.

What happened that day was an accident, a terrible accident but an accident all the same. No-one conspired to kill a load of Liverpool fans.

Poor decisions were made, people behaved as people do and huge confusion ensued resulting in people dying.

I know as a parent that if it was my child I would want someone to blame but surely there comes a time when you have to accept that no matter who did what, it was still an accident.

Likewise I'd like to believe that if i was in a position that could have changed events I would have done so but in reality I'm sure it was fucking carnage whereby no one was really certain what was actually happening.

It's all very well trying to anoint blame and there are several things on both sides that could have been done differently, but once the shit hits the fan it is human nature to self preserve.

RIP not the just the 96 of Hillsborough but the hundreds that have passed away in dreadful accidents at football grounds.

Watch the BBC "Hillsborough" program that aired on Sunday or Monday night and then come back and see if you still want to spout this pish.

Watch the BBC "Hillsborough" program that aired on Sunday or Monday night and then come back and see if you still want to spout this pish.

I would also point toward the 5 live audio documentary the truth that was on 2 weeks ago, arguably better than the TV one. 

• 1 year later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-40419819

Ex-Ch Supt David Duckenfield faces Hillsborough manslaughter charge

Former Ch Supt David Duckenfield faces being charged with the manslaughter of 95 people at the Hillsborough disaster.

Mr Duckenfield was the South Yorkshire Police (SYP) match commander at the FA Cup semi-final when 96 Liverpool fans were fatally injured in a crush.

He faces the charge of manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 fans. Former SYP Ch Insp Norman Bettison will be charged over alleged lies in the aftermath.

Four others will also be prosecuted. Victims' relatives have been informed.

Last year, new inquests into the disaster at the Liverpool v Nottingham Forest match in Sheffield concluded the fans had been unlawfully killed.

For legal reasons, Mr Duckenfield cannot be charged over the death of the 96th victim Tony Bland, as he died fours years after the disaster, prosecutors said.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) must apply to the High Court to lift an order imposed after he was prosecuted privately in 1999, which must be removed before he can be charged.