Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Dons v LSC - Match Thread

I unexpectedly went today and was really impressed with what I saw. For the first time in a very long time, we looked confident on the ball, happy to pass it about and actually like we can create something with genuine threats on the wings (Hayes and Fraser). I've not seen an Aberdeen team dominate a Hearts team like that for so long. We're just missing that bit of luck in front of goal but if we continue to play like that, we'll gain more points than not. Vernon hit the bar again the day and in the second half, the linesman flag seemed to be up more times than down. Fraser is full of tricks and gave Hearts a torrid time as did Hayes. Osbourne was immense today, breaking up everything and protecting the back four really well. Not to sure about Anderson at right back but I couldn't fault anyone today. Really good performance and if Driver had scored instead of hitting the post right at the end, then it would have been the most undeserved goal I've ever seen.

Naysmith out for 6 weeks according to The Away End.

Aye it looked a bad one. His hamstring chasing the ball. A big blow IMO.

Good to see yesterday was coming onto injury time, we had a free kick around the half way line, Langfield took it with every player camped into Hearts's half/box. Good to see that we're not settling for a point. Also every player looked devestated that we only got a point from the game. Good to see as too many times, have we been clinging on and we have been happy to get away with a draw. Long may this attitude continue!

It was like chalk and cheese between the two highlights packages. Think ill just continue my boycott of BBC spl football. Complete joke.

Anyway, the highlights were again a joy to watch. I cannot remember the last dons team I saw dominate a team like that. As has been said by others, the goals weren't there but the provision and chances were. Big improvement from last year. We do definitely need to either give Paton another chance or sign another striker. We cannot allow Crespo to take all the burden of being our only goal scorer.

Ignoring that though, great attacking and defensive performance (Reynolds in the last min aside).