Expectations going into season 2012-13

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd love to say top three, but after three consecutive seasons of finishing ninth, think that might just be step too far in one go. However, having said that feeling more optimistic about this season than I have for a few years, and have voted that we'll finish fifth, but in reality it could be a position either side of that. If we get a settled team, can avoid the horrendous run of injuries we seem to have been plagued with, and also a few decent draws then no reason why we can't lift one of the cups though. :thumbsup:

Think Celtic will still be way to strong for the rest of the teams. Suspect United and Hearts will probably fight it out for 2nd and 3rd with everyone else but ICT and Dundee capable of finishing between 4th and 10th depending on injuries suspensions etc. Caley look really weak this year but still should have enough to see off a Dundee team that finished 25 points off County last year. As for Dons although I think the squad is more balanced than last season we are still low on numbers at the back and wide in midfield and have to many players that have loyalty cards for Albyn for us to have an injury free season. If we do stay clear of injuries see no reason why we cannot finish 4th or 5th. However we will have injuries so think we will finish 7th.

I'd go along with much of what Jute says above.  I think only St Johnstone and Hibs have squads that are as strong as last season's.  My head says 5th but I reckon if we can stay relatively injury-free in key areas (at the back), as well as add the players GD mentions we can finish top 3.

This much is true - it's going to be a very interesting season, I'm looking forward to it greatly.

If we get a LB and another CB: 2nd

Else 4th.

If we get naysmith we will have two lb's with clark robertson, 3 if you include considine who has been put there before (not a position i want to ever see him again though).  We need a rb because there is no danger maggenis cuts the mustard.  By all acounts ozzy was ok there but i want an actual rb on the books as soon as

Third

We have a reasonably experienced SPL squad, we've brought in width, and barring too many injuries shoud have a side on a par with one of the middling years under Calderwood. That will be enough, which is a touch dispiriting for Scottish football, but good enough for us.

Celtic will win the league, I think Utd will be second. Hearts will be in a state, Hibs rebuilding, and I just don't reckon Motherwell can sustain another year. You'd expect Dundee to go down, although I wonder about Caley this year of they have a bad start.

If we get naysmith we will have two lb's with clark robertson, 3 if you include considine who has been put there before (not a position i want to ever see him again though).  We need a rb because there is no danger maggenis cuts the mustard.  By all acounts ozzy was ok there but i want an actual rb on the books as soon as

Hmm, Magennis, Jack and Osbourne all lined up for it.

Robbo is injured.

I think the board need to see 2nd is really there for the taking this year and spend an extra grand or two a week.

Robbo is injured.

I think the board need to see 2nd is really there for the taking this year and spend an extra grand or two a week.

Can't see them doing it and I can't see us achieving anything other than 6th. We still need a few more signings to convince me that just because the huns aren't in the league that we're any better.

Can't see them doing it and I can't see us achieving anything other than 6th. We still need a few more signings to convince me that just because the huns aren't in the league that we're any better.

The huns not being in the league has nothing to do with us being any better.

We've got a more balanced and higher quality team for the coming season, signing a left back and a centre half will improve that further.

There's very few teams in the league thats strengthened over the summer, basically only us, Hibs and Dundee United from what I can tell, the rest have lost key players. 

I'm Really confident of a significant improvement this season.

The huns not being in the league has nothing to do with us being any better.

We've got a more balanced and higher quality team for the coming season, signing a left back and a centre half will improve that further.

There's very few teams in the league thats strengthened over the summer, basically only us, Hibs and Dundee United from what I can tell, the rest have lost key players. 

I'm Really confident of a significant improvement this season.

don't get me wrong, I want that as well (obviously), but we've been so disappointing in recent seasons that I just want to see that bit more from the club. I know it's testing times etc...but this is an opportunity. Probably the biggest that has been handed to clubs since the inception of this god awful league.

The club has made a couple of decent acquisitions over the summer but i also want a bit more confidence at the back. Magennis is not an option anywhere on the field. The signs are definitely positive, but i'm not convinced just yet ;)

Robbo is injured.

Absolutely no danger ryan jack should be playing rb, he is completely wasted there