Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Is Football Racist.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just read this on BBC breaking sports news.

Peter Herbert from the Society of Black Lawyers tells BBC Radio 5 live why he reported the Mark Clattenburg case to the Metropolitan police:

"I'm not really a football fan so I didn't see the game. I saw the rolling news and it became clear there had been an incident. We waited until the next day and it was widely reported in the media who gave details. I consulted with my colleagues in the organisation and we decided to formally report the matter to the Metropolitan Police.

"The purpose of that was to make sure it had been recorded as a racial incident. That doesn't prejudge it but it has the appearance of a racial incident and anyone can report it as such."

Really? That seems a bit off to me.

There are reports Clattenburg called Mikel a "cheeky monkey".  If Chelsea have reported the ref for saying that then you have to wonder if there are any brain cells in the club.

EPL has got mad on the subject of racism.  I'm all for throwing the book at racists, but christ, they (the league) are making themselves look stupid at the moment.

But there are people out there who willingly take offense at anything.

Back in the early 80's there was a lassie sorry female student I knew sort-of-vaguely.

If you held a door open for her you were "reinforcing dominant male stereotyping" and if you didn't it was because "you're racist cos I'm black!"

With some people you just canna win, seems like a lot of them are now in the EPL making big noises!

But there are people out there who willingly take offense at anything.

Back in the early 80's there was a lassie sorry female student I knew sort-of-vaguely.

If you held a door open for her you were "reinforcing dominant male stereotyping" and if you didn't it was because "you're racist cos I'm black!"

With some people you just canna win, seems like a lot of them are now in the EPL making big noises!

Did you kill her madbad?

there does have to come a point when someone says ' oh just grow up will you'

Used to be refered to as a FEB at School because of my parents nationality and as a kid it did get to me but when i got to about 16 i thought 'yes and so?'

40 years ago you still couldnt get jobs, live in certain areas, could be assaulted (in certain parts of the 'western' world even killed) without the criminals ever being looked for let alone brought to justice based on the colour of your skin or your nationality. 25 years ago non white players had bananas chucked at them and were openly refered to as monkeys by fans on the terraces.

2012 some highly paid professional footballer is allegedly refered to as a black cunt (John terry incident) or whatever suarez said to Evra and so on and the whole world comes crashing down.

Fuck sake if thats all it takes to ruin your life then you must walk a suicidal tightrope everytime you walk down the street because there will always be fuckwits who will single you out for some reason and since they are fuckwits it will be for the blatantly obvious one be it your skin colour, your weight, your height, your choice of clothing and so on.

It is getting really silly now and as with so many things  that were real issues in the past (treatment of kids, human rights, sexism) it has gone full circle and become a problem with the same name but a different nature.

If that's all that Clattenburg said then I hope common sense prevails. And I understand now why people are calling for action to be taken against Chelsea if Clattenburg is cleared. It's becoming clear to me that this is an attempt at deflection from Chelsea.

If that's all that Clattenburg said then I hope common sense prevails. And I understand now why people are calling for action to be taken against Chelsea if Clattenburg is cleared. It's becoming clear to me that this is an attempt at deflection from Chelsea.

As I said earlier in the thread, they are clearly adopting their brothers stance of deflect deflect deflect. I hope they throw the book at Chelsea for wasting everyones time. God knows how they'd react if he was called a cheeky cunt.

As I said earlier in the thread, they are clearly adopting their brothers stance of deflect deflect deflect. I hope they throw the book at Chelsea for wasting everyones time. God knows how they'd react if he was called a cheeky cunt.

It's not time I'm worried about. It's a man being branded a racist incorrectly.

Just read this on BBC breaking sports news.

Peter Herbert from the Society of Black Lawyers tells BBC Radio 5 live why he reported the Mark Clattenburg case to the Metropolitan police:

"I'm not really a football fan so I didn't see the game. I saw the rolling news and it became clear there had been an incident. We waited until the next day and it was widely reported in the media who gave details. I consulted with my colleagues in the organisation and we decided to formally report the matter to the Metropolitan Police.

"The purpose of that was to make sure it had been recorded as a racial incident. That doesn't prejudge it but it has the appearance of a racial incident and anyone can report it as such."

Really? That seems a bit off to me.

Call me Old Fashioned but is that not a bit Ironic? A group purely for black people claiming someone is racist?

for me that's like having international womans day or Gay Pride etc

As I see it If you continue to have some sort of event, society, national day to highlight or promote your race, gender, orientation etc it only helps keep whatever barriers/ prejudices etc that stop you from seeing yourself and other people seeing you as an equal member of society.

The fucking media really doesnt help either.

Rose tinted view of how the world works I know but I would be interested to see what would happen if they stopped doing such things. Would it come to pass that after several years the world would be like this fry & Laurie sketch?