Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons U20s: The Official 2012/13 Thread

Just watched the highlights on RedTV

Few observations.

1) Some good goals and think we have some great young players coming through, even if just a couple of them make the step up the future looks promising.

2) Saints u20s looks as rotten as their first team squad

3) We desperately need to get our facilities sorted so we're not playing on a public park.  I see more of the u20 games are being played at the clubs main stadium now so perhaps it was only being played in a public park because of the ManU game the same night.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the highlights on RedTV

Few observations.

1) Some good goals and think we have some great young players coming through, even if just a couple of them make the step up the future looks promising.

2) Saints u20s looks as rotten as their first team squad

3) We desperately need to get our facilities sorted so we're not playing on a public park.  I see more of the u20 games are being played at the clubs main stadium now so perhaps it was only being played in a public park because of the ManU game the same night.

Apparently we are now supposed to use main stadium for these games if possible. Also all games supposed to be 7pm kick offs but Caley County and ourselves allowed to have games moved to 2pm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
MATCH: Arbroath F.C. v Aberdeen F.C.

COMPETITION: Youth Cup, 3rd round

DATE: Sunday 21st October 2012

VENUE: Gayfield Park, Arbroath

KICK-OFF: 1pm

Prices:

£2 for adults and £1 for Under 16's

MATCH: Aberdeen U20 v Motherwell U20

COMPETITION: SPL U20 League

DATE: Tuesday 23rd October 2012

VENUE: Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen

KICK-OFF: 7pm

Prices:

Season Ticket Holders: Free

Adults: £4

Concessions/Under 12's: £2

This match will be pay at the turnstiles - Main Stand only

An evening match at Pittodrie at last!

A trip to Gayfield might be decent as well.

2-1 up at ht, both from Cammy

Aberdeeen | Danny Rogers, Craig Duguid, Gary Naysmith, Craig Murray, Joe Shaughnessy, Michael Rose, Alan O'Sullivan, Stephen O'Neil, Declan McManus, Cammy Smith, Rob Milsom

Subs | Scott MacAulay, Scott Rumsby, Kieran Gibbons, Craig Storrie, Jamie Hamilton, Marcus Campanile

Another good win for the 20s tonight.

Naysmith strolled through it and came off after 55 minutes.  I reckon he'll get a start on Saturday.

Was really impressed with Craig Duguid again tonight.  Started off at right back but moved to left back once Naysmith went off.  Looks comfortable with both feet which can only be a good thing if he's playing right and left back at times.

He didn't have much to do but Rogers looked good again I thought.  Seems to have good handling and comes out for balls at corners well.

McManus and Smith both deserve some time in the first team I reckon.  As Penfold says, McManus seems to score in every game and Smith looks a very clever player.

Milsom was quiet to begin with but came in to it a bit more later on.  Good to see him get a good run out again.

Boy must be close to some first team action. Scores every game he plays.

His goal where he took the ball on the half way line on the left hand side and just ran past the Motherwell defence before finishing it neatly into the far corner was superb. I couldn't believe my eyes.. a Dons striker with pace! And his finishing looks top class as well. Agree re first team action soon. Must get his chance before long. He looks an excellent player. As many of our under 20s do.

Also noted a decent save from Big Jim Leighton in the second half when someone smashed the ball into the stand. It was heading straight for Paw Broon's coupon when Jim, who was sitting in front of Broon stopped it. However he failed to hold it and parried it out. JMG.

His goal where he took the ball on the half way line on the left hand side and just ran past the Motherwell defence before finishing it neatly into the far corner was superb. I couldn't believe my eyes.. a Dons striker with pace! And his finishing looks top class as well. Agree re first team action soon. Must get his chance before long. He looks an excellent player. As many of our under 20s do.

Also noted a decent save from Big Jim Leighton in the second half when someone smashed the ball into the stand. It was heading straight for Paw Broon's coupon when Jim, who was sitting in front of Broon stopped it. However he failed to hold it and parried it out. JMG.

He should have held it!

Gordon Marshall would have. ;)