Supporting our club

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just curious what people's feelings are, following yesterday's SPL No vote.

Personally, I'm pleased with Milne's public stance and can only hope that the SFL chairmen tell the authorities to make Sevco apply for a vacant spot in Div 3, (if one exists).

Am more than happy with afc and they have gone out on a limb on this within SPL circles.

It feels wrong to punish them if the rest of these cunts set up an spl2 or parachute the cunts into div1.  I'm really torn at the moment.  Time will tell but I'd like afc to perhaps articulate their disgust at statements made today by Regan and suggestions that there should be an spl2/div 1 option.

Am more than happy with afc and they have gone out on a limb on this within SPL circles.

It feels wrong to punish them if the rest of these cunts set up an spl2 or parachute the cunts into div1.  I'm really torn at the moment.  Time will tell but I'd like afc to perhaps articulate their disgust at statements made today by Regan and suggestions that there should be an spl2/div 1 option.

same. I'm looking at scottish football a bit like the taxman now... ironically enough. I'm happy to give money for the right people, afc included, but I baulk at the idea of paying the crooked scaremongering liars in the spl/sfa.

but yes, i think spl clubs have to firmly speak out against the spl2. the spl needs killed off once and for all. if the sfl clubs and top-flight clubs can agree on a new league model then great, but not while under duress. i really want to see afc stick up for the diddier teams now!

I have already emailed along these lines to the club earlier today, and will continue every day until they make a statement.

The unremitting bullshit from the media, who are obviously being briefed from Hampden by the suits of the SFA and SPL needs to be countered by someone within the SPL.  This needs to be, and perhaps will only ever, come from afc.

Furthermore somebody needs to come out and say that Regan's comments today were a sackable offence and that Doncaster will be out the door as soon as this bullshit is done and dusted.

I can see me backing afc but ditching all away matches, apart from selected lower league cup matches, and perhaps, if the sfa carry on like this, ditching my SSC membership, but ditching afc at this stage will be tough

I am pleasantly surprised and totally delighted by the stance AFC has take publicly, and with no attempt at vacillation.

Maybe SM's finest hour, maybe the ghosts of Chairman Dick and Chri Anderson are finally being heard.

Whatever,

Well done AFC, Today I am proud to be a Don

I am pleasantly surprised and totally delighted by the stance AFC has take publicly, and with no attempt at vacillation.

Maybe SM's finest hour, maybe the ghosts of Chairman Dick and Chri Anderson are finally being heard.

Whatever,

Well done AFC, Today I am proud to be a Don

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I am now planning to renew red tv (maybe even international) not sure how much of that money AFC actually get, also planning to buy some merchandise from the online club shop.

I will be returning to watch AFC games when I am back in the country, and will be boycotting Kilmarnock.

It will be a disgrace if the SFL tear up the rulebook to accomodate the new club, but there isn't much AFC can do about that, short of pressing for Cockwomble's resignation, and I think the damage is already done there anyway.  In any case, I just can't see the SFL clubs swallowing it.

Cockwomble and Regan should be hounded out of football, but it won't stop me supporting Aberdeen if they survive.

DST Statement

SPL vote on newco

The SPL vote to reject the transfer of "the club formerly known as Rangers" share to a Newco in the SPL is a watershed moment  for Scottish football  and DST, on behalf of all Dons fans, would again record our appreciation of the principled, and correct, stance taken by AFC and other SPL clubs at the meeting.

DST does recognise that some fans may still exercise their personal choice not to attend games depending on the further decisions as to what league, if any, Newco will play in next season, but DST's position is that we MUST now do all we can to support AFC in their time of need, to ensure a positive future that is in our own hands and we can evidence to the prophets of doom, including sections of the ex-Rangers support, that their forecasts of "financial Armageddon" are complete and utter nonsense.

Our future is likely to be a difficult one for a period and we encourage all AFC supporters to do whatever they can to assist the club through these times. We also expect the club to further raise their game to work together with supporters to maximise home attendances and to seek to bring in as much new investment as possible to the club to help secure the future.

With regard to the recent statement from the Heads of the SFA and the SPL we find them inappropriate and unbecoming of their positions as they are essentially scaremongering tactics, without any publicly evidenced substance, for reasons that do not appear to be for the benefit of Scottish football in its entirety. If the circumstances suggested are correct then it is incumbent upon the respective bodies to source replacement income quickly but, to understand this better, we would wish to see each sponsor, and the TV companies in particular, publicly state their position such that we can then work with AFC to take appropriate steps.

DST would also encourage all supporters to make their position to Sky that if Sky do attempt to renege on their current deal with Scottish Football, on the back of Rangers’ demise, then Sky Sports subscriptions would be cancelled.  If this position were taken by a majority of non-Rangers supporters, DST feel that the net effect on Sky would outweigh any contemplated revenue reductions.  DST are looking at mechanisms to collate any such protest.

Reminder: DST will be working with AFC to do all we can to make the Ross County game on 11th August a sell-out, as this is a great signal that it is a “New Don” for AFC and everyone connected to the club. In his recent media interviews George Yule, our new Executive vice-chairman, described the forthcoming period as an opportunity for AFC, being the "Don of a New Era" and DST fully supports this point of view.

I think in general, with the Huns out the league should also be theoretically more competitive. Not sure if there is still a Chumps League place for 2nd, but should definitely make the race for 2nd a little more exciting. That in theory should encourage more fans to head to the games?

Although (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) I'm pleased with AFC's conduct over the last month including their signings  ( :o ) I'm still going to find it hard to cough up money for a season ticket knowing that my team are playing in one of the most fundamentally corrupt organisations in world football.

Fuck the TV money. 

Simple though surely, just boycott away games? As you say, the club have so far done what we've hoped they would.

Believe me I've thought about it long and hard. (Quiet at the back, there!) Apart from Kilmarnock all the other clubs have voted correctly so I don't think they deserve to be boycotted. If anything we need to support them too but paying ourselves into their ground. At the end of the day they're still "competing" in a corrupt organisation.

It has to be said though I think I will get a season ticket. And I'm definitely going to sell-out Saturday!  :thumbsup: