Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Boardroom hokeycokie

Miller dealt with without any respect IMHO, so there must be more to it.

However, where does this put us on the whole football development front if the role has gone?  They obviously believe the role is no longer required and I hope this is not to the detriment of our youth setup.

This kind of thing is more important than whatever WM was doing for youth fitba imo

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120409/developing-the-stars-of-the-future_2212048_977990

Wonder who is taking AAM's shares?  Somebody already must be identified.

Doesn't necessarily mean they're selling shares, just no longer on board.

I reckon this could be beginning of succession planning. I've heard within certain circles that SM sees stadium as his legacy and that he plans to step away shortly thereafter.

I reckon this could be beginning of succession planning. I've heard within certain circles that SM sees stadium as his legacy and that he plans to step away shortly thereafter.

Brilliant, stadium and nae team. Priorities up his arse. 

I'm sure I've read that the two from AAM will step down once their shares have been transferred, didn't say to who.

Willie Miller has expressed his shock and disappointment at being ousted from the Aberdeen board and losing his post as director of football development.

The club announced this week that they were severing ties with their 57-year-old former manager and captain as part of a boardroom shake-up.

"I am very surprised and disappointed at the chairman's decision to end my association with the club," he said in a statement.

"I leave with a heavy heart."

But Miller remained supportive of the club, manager Craig Brown and assistant Archie Knox while pointing to his own role in helping develop the Scottish Premier League outfit's youth system.

He said he "would like to thank the club, the fans and all the staff for their support during my long association with the Dons.

"I would like to wish Craig and Archie and all the football staff and players good fortune for the new season.

"I must also extend my gratitude to all my development colleagues who helped put in place our successful youth development programme, which, after eight years of tireless effort, has produced a number of exciting talents now in the first-team squad.

"These youngsters and the bright crop coming through are the future of the club.

"It goes without saying that I have enjoyed every minute of my time as a player, captain, manager and director of the club and I will now continue my association as a supporter and will continue to have the best interests of the club at heart."

Aberdeen had announced a year ago that Miller's role at the club had been "redefined", with new chief executive Duncan Fraser having taken over first-team duties, such as contracts, from the former Scotland defender.

Now, four other directors - Martin Gilbert, Hugh Little, Ken Matheson and Chris Gavin - are departing along with Miller.

Businessman George Yule has been appointed to the new role of executive vice-chairman.

I get the feeling if was possible to abstain from the vote that's exactly what our vacillating chairman would do.  ::)

Easier to make no decision than one that might piss someone off (although if it's Milne's decision to get rid of some of the board and WM that has to be the most "decisive" he's ever been)

If this was solely about the huns vote, and the feeling was they were going to be voted in, why would we change the board line up? If they were going to get in, does that not just mean more of the same for us? Gilbert and Little, I believe, almost certainly haven't walked because they wanted to vote no and Milne and Fraser wanted to vote yes.

There is an issue regarding AAM using EBTs and it is common knowledge HMRC have been in touch with them about it. It is very possible Milne wants AFC to be "clean".

Miller going saves around £85k a year, supposedly (Or £85k a day depending on which site you read...), that goes someway to compensating for the loss of revenue the huns bring in one visit  - 4,000*24 = £96k, take off extra policing and stewarding costs and there you go, we've made that money back already.

On our past few seasons we have only had the OF at Pittodrie three times in a season due to us finishing in the bottom 6.  If we get top six next season, we'll have Celtic at home twice, no visit of the huns. But money we've saved from Miller's redundancy means we effectively break even on that score.

For once, I do actually believe the club may be doing the right thing; it's a re-structure. Guys like Gilbert and Little haven't been sacked. If anything it all points to the fact we know the huns aren't going to be around next season in whatever guise.  This could be the start of something where AFC finally gets up off it's knees and realises what we can actually achieve given these circumstances.

This is probably "it" for Milne. He effectively has an almost brand new board considering last year's arrivals too.  If nothing changes, it'll be his proverbial death warrant, but maybe this will actually go some way to making up for all the insipid years under his stewardship.

I certainly fucking hope so.

If this was solely about the huns vote, and the feeling was they were going to be voted in, why would we change the board line up? If they were going to get in, does that not just mean more of the same for us? Gilbert and Little, I believe, almost certainly haven't walked because they wanted to vote no and Milne and Fraser wanted to vote yes.

There is an issue regarding AAM using EBTs and it is common knowledge HMRC have been in touch with them about it. It is very possible Milne wants AFC to be "clean".

Miller going saves around £85k a year, supposedly (Or £85k a day depending on which site you read...), that goes someway to compensating for the loss of revenue the huns bring in one visit  - 4,000*24 = £96k, take off extra policing and stewarding costs and there you go, we've made that money back already.

On our past few seasons we have only had the OF at Pittodrie three times in a season due to us finishing in the bottom 6.  If we get top six next season, we'll have Celtic at home twice, no visit of the huns. But money we've saved from Miller's redundancy means we effectively break even on that score.

For once, I do actually believe the club may be doing the right thing; it's a re-structure. Guys like Gilbert and Little haven't been sacked. If anything it all points to the fact we know the huns aren't going to be around next season in whatever guise.  This could be the start of something where AFC finally gets up off it's knees and realises what we can actually achieve given these circumstances.

This is probably "it" for Milne. He effectively has an almost brand new board considering last year's arrivals too.  If nothing changes, it'll be his proverbial death warrant, but maybe this will actually go some way to making up for all the insipid years under his stewardship.

I certainly fucking hope so.

And so say we all!

Great post BB  :thumbsup:

‘Let’s bring back glory days to Aberdeen FC’

New director Yule sets his sights high

Published: 21/06/2012

NEW Aberdeen FC executive vice-chairman George Yule today promised there will be no more top six talk from Pittodrie.

Yule is determined to do his bit to bring back the glory days for the Red Army.

Yule said: “I’ve read plenty in recent years about Aberdeen aiming to be in the SPL top six.

“But we really need to be looking above that.”

No shit Sherlock, but we need to finish in the Top Six first.

• 5 months later...
VICE-CHAIRMAN George Yule today confirmed he’s happy to have made “a considerable investment” in Aberdeen FC.

Aberdeen FC’s latest accounts, which will be discussed at their annual meeting at Pittodrie tonight, show Yule now owns 780,316 shares in the club.

Yule admitted he made a six-figure investment to secure the bulk of the shares surrendered by Aberdeen Asset Management, who have reduced their involvement in the club.