Pre-season

• 2 weeks later...

A wee summers day trip to Arbroath might be in order

Aberdeen Football Club can this afternoon announce the first dates of their pre-season schedule.

The Dons will travel down the road to play Paul Sheerin's Arbroath on Saturday 14th July before heading up to Elgin the following Tuesday.

match: Arbroath FC v Aberdeen FC

date: Saturday 14th July 2012

venue: Gayfield, Arbroath

kick-off: 3.00pm

match: Elgin City FC v Aberdeen FC

date: Tuesday 17th July 2012

venue: Borough Briggs, Elgin

kick-off: 7.30pm

Not us but I see the Tims are at it again.  They had an excuse last time as we started the season early and they fell asleep in the meeting, or had nipped out to the loo, or something when it had been discussed months before hand.  What will their excuse be this time.

Game scheduled for 2nd w/end of the season:

Celtic have confirmed to play Real Madrid at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia on August 11. Part of the 2012 World Football Challenge which takes place this summer in North America.

Other teams taking part in the World Football Challenge include Liverpool, Chelsea, AC Milan, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain, LA Galaxy, D.C. United, Seattle Sounders and Toronto.

Did they not change the rules to allow teams to take a week 'off' so they could participate in glamour friendlies?

Thought it was only for last year as it was "sprung" on teams at short notice (which it wasn't).

As far as I'm aware the tims haven't got permission to postpone their spl game yet.  Apparently they have a chumps lge qualifier around the same time, flying half way round the world to get pumped seems like the perfect preparation.

i'm sure i read in the paper about a week ago,when the first announced they would play in america, that they had changed the rules last year to allow their participation.

no idea if their is any truth in it right enough  ???

That's how I remember it. Fuck the spl.

Did they not change the rules to allow teams to take a week 'off' so they could participate in glamour friendlies?

Elgin and Arbroath just do not fit the glamour bit but the SFA wont notice they will be to busy trying to find a way to help the mighty Gers (maybe a little Scottish cup ban)

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday 21st July v VfB Alstatte , Stadion am Bahnhof, Alstatte, nr Ahaus, KO 3.00pm (local time)

Wednesday 25th July v Werder Bremen (venue and kick off time to be confirmed)

Saturday 28th July v FC St. Pauli at Millerntor Stadion, Heiligen-Geist-Feld, Hamburg, KO 3.30pm (local time)

• 2 weeks later...

Please be advised that the kick-off time in the following match has been changed to 4pm local time.

Date - 21/07/2012

Opponent - VfB Alstatte (5th Division)

Venue - Stadion am Bahnhof, Alstatte, nr Ahaus, Germany

Kick-off - was 3.00pm now 4.00pm LOCAL TIME

We can also now confirm the following for the Werder Bremen match:

Date - 25/07/2012

Opponent - Werder Bremen

Venue - Stadion am Marschweg, Oldenburg, Germany

Kick off - 7.00pm LOCAL TIME