Mackie To Captain Dons On Saturday

Fucking hell, what a surprise ::)

Whilst not directly wishing The Dazzler any harm, there is no room for sentiment in this game.

Victory over St Mirren is worth £80k to us as the difference in prize money between 8th and 9th.

Personally speaking would have had him benched and give him the last few minutes if we were winning.

After being released by Aberdeen FC, Mackie looks to the future

It’s goodbye to Pittodrie, but Darren isn’t finished

By Sean Wallace

Published: 10/05/2012

Darren Mackie will play his last game for Aberdeen FC at Pittodrie against St Mirren on Saturday.DEPARTING Aberdeen FC striker Darren Mackie today admitted he is still unsure where he will end up next season.

Mackie is set to call time on 14 years at Pittodrie when he leads Aberdeen FC out as skipper against St Mirren on Saturday.

A summer of uncertainty awaits the 30-year-old who said: “There has been nothing yet as far as other clubs are concerned, although my agent has his ear to the ground.”

For more on this story and coverage of Aberdeen FC, pick up a copy of today’s Evening Express or read our digital edition now

Who is being negative?

Whilst not directly wishing The Dazzler any harm, there is no room for sentiment in this game.

Victory over St Mirren is worth £80k to us as the difference in prize money between 8th and 9th.

Personally speaking would have had him benched and give him the last few minutes if we were winning.

WTF how is my opening comment negative  ???

This game is important to us.

Is Dazzler an automatic pick for AFC ?

No thought as much, I stand by my opening comments, in that this is nothing but a sentimental move on Broon's behalf........There is no room for sentiment, Mackie's already had the sentimental vote when he got his cheque from the testimonial earlier this season.

Anyway, don't really know why I'm getting uptight about, not as if I'm going to be there anyway.

To all you sentimentalists, enjoy parting with the cash and paying homeage to Darren Mackie.

This game is only important to us because the shower of cunts who have picked up a solitary point in the last three patently winnable games should have put us out of sight of the bottom four, but failed.  Eighth over ninth and £80,000?  Sheesh, damage limitation, you can fuckin keep it!

The fact that Mackie is scarcely any worse than any other striker on our books with the exception of Scott Vernon means that he is as good an option as anyone to fill the void one last time.  Wouldn't it be just fantastic if he can write the headlines for his last game?

A whole season comes down to one game and eighty thousand measly quid.  Make no mistake there is fuck all glory to be had in beating St Mirren on Saturday, none whatsoever.  I'd write off the whole season and take a one-nil with a sclaff off Mackie's arse over a 5-0 win for sure.  What a great send-off that would be.  If you can't see the romance in that then we really are collectively the most miserable cunts in the SPL.

Eight place, fuck me!

WTF how is my opening comment negative  ???

Fucking hell, what a surprise ::)

sar·casm

? ?[sahr-kaz-uhm]

noun

harsh or bitter derision or irony.

a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.

no

(a negative used to express dissent, denial, or refusal, as in response to a question or request)

(used to emphasize or introduce a negative statement): Not a single person came to the party, no, not a one.

I think that speaks for itself.

;);D:wave::-*

sar·casm

? ?[sahr-kaz-uhm]

noun

harsh or bitter derision or irony.

a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.

no

(a negative used to express dissent, denial, or refusal, as in response to a question or request)

(used to emphasize or introduce a negative statement): Not a single person came to the party, no, not a one.

I think that speaks for itself.

;);D:wave::-*

Loving it Kow :thumbsup:

Great deal of thought went into that.

Pity you didn't spend the same amount of thought on making your predictions over the season ;)

Mackie can't be any worse a Captain than most of the shite we've had since Anderson.

The £80k doesn't make any difference, it all goes to the players.

Pretty sure that was only the case if we finnished in top six and if they finish bottom six no bonuses are paid so club better off.